Heart - Red Velvet Car

Dave

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

An Insider's View on HEART's New CD "Red Velvet Car"

Category: Music

This sounds pretty good to me :banana:

The following was a post made to the Official Heart Message Board by Sue Ennis. Sue Ennis is a long-time friend of Ann and Nancy's and has been a collaborator on many of Heart's hit songs like "Barracuda," "Straight On" and "Dog & Butterfly" to name a few. She had a few words to share about HEART's first studio album on 6 years, "Red Velvet Car."

I just heard the new album this week. I wanted to drop by and tell you all that: IT IS MIND BLOWING. All you need to know is that your July (release time) is going to be a euphoric month as you play this record over and over. Speaking as a fan, I think there are at least 4 new songs that rank among the best songs the band has ever recorded. It's the right album at the right time and I'm completely out-of-my-mind-in-love with the songs and the production. BTW, I only had a very, very tiny hand in the album so it's OK if I rave about it.

Still doubtful? I have NEVER before come on this board to freak out about work my friends have done but I'm stepping out in public this time. (Check me out on Twitter!) Longtime fans: your dreams have been answered. New fans: you're in for something very special. Mind blowing!

A quality Heart release would be great. I really hope they deliver. On the other hand, I'm not counting on the new release having 4 of the best songs Heart ever recorded on it.

~ Crossing Fingers Though ~

On the other hand, I'm not counting on the new release having 4 of the best songs Heart ever recorded on it.

~ Crossing Fingers Though ~

Yeah, that is one massive statement to make considering the countless amount of classics they have released in their time !!!

I have been waiting what seems like years for the new one to be released, so am really looking forward to hearing it. I must say, I was a little underwhelmed with 'Jupiters Darling' when it came out and it took me ages to start getting into it, and even now it doesn't exactly blow me away, so I am hoping the new one will be an all round much better record. Cross fingers and wait for July.

In the opinion of you die-hard fans, is there any chance this new release will have any similarities to the brilliant 'Brigade' CD? Or was that just a once-off attempt at the popular style back when it was recorded?

In the opinion of you die-hard fans, is there any chance this new release will have any similarities to the brilliant 'Brigade' CD? Or was that just a once-off attempt at the popular style back when it was recorded?

Absolutely no chance in hell mate would be my guesstimation. Most of the 3 big Heart records 'S/T', 'Bad Animals' & 'Brigade' all involved outside writers and were released with the sole intent and purpose to have massive hits on MTV, (which they all did - job done) and re-invent the band. It was very successful back then, but these days, Heart are more eclectic like they used to be pre '85. Some would argue they are better for it aswell, although I sit on the fence between the two, as I love both equally.

Absolutely no chance in hell mate would be my guesstimation. Most of the 3 big Heart records 'S/T', 'Bad Animals' & 'Brigade' all involved outside writers and were released with the sole intent and purpose to have massive hits on MTV, (which they all did - job done) and re-invent the band. It was very successful back then, but these days, Heart are more eclectic like they used to be pre '85. Some would argue they are better for it aswell, although I sit on the fence between the two, as I love both equally.

Ah, thanks for the info. I thought it'd be a stretch. I think I'll just leave this one to you guys. :)

Ah, thanks for the info. I thought it'd be a stretch. I think I'll just leave this one to you guys. :)

Yeah I'm with ya on that. Loved this band in the 80's, and their Greatest Hits album is about as flawless a collection of Melodic Rock as you could ever find. I did hear snippets of the last album and it was enough to put me off going anywhere near them again (though Nancy would still get some, if she asked nicely).

• 4 weeks later...

An EP titled WTF + 4 has been released to tie anyone over who can't wait for the new release of RED VELVET CAR at the end of August.

It contains 2 tracks off the upcoming album and 4 live tracks of previously released material.

33992_408330059859_56095229859_4251769_3879325_n.jpg

Here are the samples.....My link

last time I heard the girls talk about "that era" they pertty much want to wipe those albums off their list of things they recorded.

• 4 weeks later...

Fuck this shits me !!!!!!

Why extra tracks on the European and not the US release !!!!!!

I think my Amazon pre order is about to be cancelled and I will wait and get the European release :angry2:

Heart - Red Velvet Car

Heart will be releasing their 13th studio effort ‘Red Velvet Car’ on Sony Legacy Records on August 31, 2010 in North America (August 30 in Europe.) Included on the European release are two extra tracks called “Bootful of Beer” and “Closer to the Sun.”

I think my Amazon pre order is about to be cancelled and I will wait and get the European release :angry2:

Heart - Red Velvet Car

Heart will be releasing their 13th studio effort ‘Red Velvet Car’ on Sony Legacy Records on August 31, 2010 in North America (August 30 in Europe.) Included on the European release are two extra tracks called “Bootful of Beer” and “Closer to the Sun.”

Order cancelled :angry2:

Heart - Red Velvet Car

Re-ordered through Amazon UK <_<

Heart - Red Velvet Car

I'm finding with all major new releases now days, it pays to just wait until all version have been released and choose the one with the best bonus tracks. It really sucks that two fans fork out the same amount of cash for a CD while one gets (for example) a standard 12 track version and the other gets 14 or more tracks and extra liner notes.

Heart - Red Velvet Car

I'm finding with all major new releases now days, it pays to just wait until all version have been released and choose the one with the best bonus tracks. It really sucks that two fans fork out the same amount of cash for a CD while one gets (for example) a standard 12 track version and the other gets 14 or more tracks and extra liner notes.

Could'nt agree more with you :tumbsup:

• 3 weeks later...

Sad, heart(the self titled album) is the first rock album I ever bought.

A masterpiece, sad they decided to deny the albums since 1985 to 1990.

One of the best hard aor band don't love AOR much.:omg:

I have the same problems with Y&T.

• 5 weeks later...

So is it worth getting this Euro release with extra tracks or is the standard version fine. The standard version is selling at NEH for $10 which seems pretty good to me for a new release.

So is it worth getting this Euro release with extra tracks or is the standard version fine. The standard version is selling at NEH for $10 which seems pretty good to me for a new release.

The 2 bonus tracks definitely add to the album imo, but it depends on how much you want to go over the $10 mark. Really enjoying the album, a nice mixture of stuff on here (except the 80's AOR stuff of course) mostly with an acoustic base, that any fan of old Heart will like I think.