Reo Speedwagon

Faron

Been playing a few of their albums of late, really loving this great band again!

I played Nine Lives over and over today, absolute top quality album, harder edged, just how I like it.

Was never a fan of their early albums prior to the classic 1976 album REO which I cannot seem to track down!

I definitely prefer the 70`s Reo to the 80`s albums which I think are great.

REO - You Can Tune A Piano But You Can`t Tuna Fish - Nine Lives, are for me, three superb 70`s albums.

Hi Infidelity - Good Trouble - Wheels Are Turnin` are three excellent 80`s albums.

Life As We Know it was unfortunately the last Reo album to feature the great Gary Richrath on guitar :crying:

Who else can show some love for this much maligned band?

I like 'um matey! Funnily enough....I've never got around to getting Nine Lives, although I have Tuna Fish, I did have REO Live on vinyl but sold it a mate years and years ago...I could do with getting that again.

I've got most all the 80's / 90's / 00's albums with the exception of Good Trouble. I should get a few of the earlier ones...I especially like Son of a Poor Man from that period .... but I should do a lot of things, and never seem to get around to it. heh!

I went to see them on the Wheels are Turning tour...I remember feeling a little let down for whatever reason, didn't put me off them though.

Isn't REO available as a twofer on CD? Or are you being all purist and just want the album on it's own :)

Always loved the band with "Back On The Road Again" and "Take It On The Run" probably being my favorite two tracks :tumbsup:

I heard it from a friend who

Heard it from a friend who

Heard it from another that.... this band never did a damn thing for me.

:lol:

I like them as well but am just familiar with the more popular songs. I remember seeing them on MTV all the time when it first started & liked 'em then. They are playing here in KC in July with Pat Benatar & I plan on going...

Isn't REO available as a twofer on CD? Or are you being all purist and just want the album on it's own :)

That would be the first two albums REO/TWO, unfortunately for me. :crying:

REO is easily in my top 10 bands of all time. Nine Lives being my personal favorite. REO is a band I've seen live about 10 times or so and for the most part put on a great show. Just glad I got to see them with Richwrath around 6 times. One or the coolest shows I've ever see was REO play Hammerjacks (a club) in Baltimore. The club setting really was perfect for REO. I was lucky the played a few club dates.

I guess my top 3 releases would be as follows:

1.) Nine Lives

2.) Tuna Fish

3.) Live - You Get What You Play For

I agree that "Good Trouble" is a somewhat under appreciated release.

~ "Golden Country" being my favorite REO tune.

I especially like the mid period stuff the best from 'Tuna' up to 'Wheels', with my fave albums being 'Nine Lives', 'Tuna Fish' and 'Hi -Infidelity. There are a A couple of patchy albums in there aswell - I never rated 'Good Trouble' and as a follow up to fabulous 'Hi -Infidelity', I thought it was very weak, bar a couple of tracks and 'Life As We Know It ' was a game of two halves aswell,some good, some horrible stuff. Generally though, a very solid discography and a top notch band.

REO was the soundtrack of my h.S. years, so Ive been so overexposed its hard to be objective. Saw them 3 times.

i did like Nine Lives, even though most people I knew went for the gajillion - selling Hi Infidelity.

I liked the live versions of the old stuff better ie: Golden Country, Ridin' the Storm, Keep Pushin' etc.

Saw them on PBS not long ago & Kevin Cronin played Time for me to Fly usin only his thumb...all the way through.I thought it was kinda funny.

Like pretty much any rock band that released a CD in the 80's I have given these guys a go, but I'm 99% sure they would just never be my thing. The only 2 CDs I owned from them are 'The Earth, a Small Man, His Dog and a Chicken' and 'Building the bridge'. Both CDs were okay without actually having any real good songs at all, but it didn't take long to sell/trade both. Definitely not my kind of thing at all.

Like pretty much any rock band that released a CD in the 80's I have given these guys a go, but I'm 99% sure they would just never be my thing. The only 2 CDs I owned from them are 'The Earth, a Small Man, His Dog and a Chicken' and 'Building the bridge'. Both CDs were okay without actually having any real good songs at all, but it didn't take long to sell/trade both. Definitely not my kind of thing at all.

lol...the 2 worst REO albums in existence.

Try 'Hi-Infidelity'.....a classic in my book. Probably the pinnacle of their career. However most of their best songs were scattered across the earlier albums like 'Ridin The Storm Out', 'Back On The Road Again' (awesome hard rocker), 'Golden Country', 'Time For Me To Fly' etc

Try 'Hi-Infidelity'.....a classic in my book. Probably the pinnacle of their career. However most of their best songs were scattered across the earlier albums like 'Ridin The Storm Out', 'Back On The Road Again' (awesome hard rocker), 'Golden Country', 'Time For Me To Fly' etc

'The Earth, A Small Man' etc was a pretty damned good disc in places ('All Heaven Broke Loose' and 'Halfway' being 2 top class tracks for starters). OK different lineup etc, but some good songs all the same and far from the worst REO album. 'Building The Bridge' was not that great though agreed.

'The Earth, A Small Man' etc was a pretty damned good disc in places ('All Heaven Broke Loose' and 'Halfway' being 2 top class tracks for starters). OK different lineup etc, but some good songs all the same and far from the worst REO album. 'Building The Bridge' was not that great though agreed.

yeah OK, but compared with Hi-Infidelity & Tuna............

Going back further than those two and things do get patchy. Each album had a smattering of classic songs tho. Nines Lives in particular ends with the awesome 'Back On The Road Again'.