I'm bumming tonight

Studboy

My youngest does competitive cheer, and one of the dads of one of the girls my daughter cheers with does security for Pearl Jam, and they are playing at the Sprint Center in Kansas City tomorrow night. Well, the entire cheer squad has been invited to the sound check tonight and to hang out with the band! And I get to say home and mope about not being able to go :(

As much shit as Pearl Jam get from fans of 80's rock for helping "Kill" the scene I still to this day love Pearl Jam. To me they've always been a great rock n' roll band especially on those early releases. I'd love to be able to hang out and watch soundcheck so I'd be bumming to Steve. :crying:

As much shit as Pearl Jam get from fans of 80's rock for helping "Kill" the scene I still to this day love Pearl Jam. To me they've always been a great rock n' roll band especially on those early releases. I'd love to be able to hang out and watch soundcheck so I'd be bumming to Steve. :crying:

I agree, I've always loved Pearl Jam, their first few albums really helped put an end to our kind of music, but you got to admit, they are a hell of a band. Believe me, my wife is rubbing it in that she gets to go tonight and I can't.

I agree, I've always loved Pearl Jam, their first few albums really helped put an end to our kind of music, but you got to admit, they are a hell of a band. Believe me, my wife is rubbing it in that she gets to go tonight and I can't.

If you just watch them on the Who tribute from a couple of years ago on VH1 and see how they can easily do covers and kick the shit out them. Plus Eddie is one hell of a lyricist. Much respect to PJ from me.

Sorry Steve, but I think in this scenario you're the lucky one, mate. ;)

Haha, only kidding. If they're your thing I'm sorry to hear about the big miss. :)

Sorry Steve, but I think in this scenario you're the lucky one, mate. ;)

Haha, only kidding. If they're your thing I'm sorry to hear about the big miss. :)

Yeah, I figured I'd get some heat for liking Pearl Jam. I have to admit I haven't listened to them much since the early 90's, but when Ten came out, that was probably one of my favorite CDs for a year running. Plus I've always admired the way they stood up to Ticketmaster. I have to admit I haven't followed their music in over a decade. I think they are one of those bands that was key to their music scene, you have to respect them for that. And to this day they draw a huge crowd (the Sprint Center in Kansas City is the biggest arena you can play at, saw Van Halen play there a few years ago with David Lee and Wolfgang). It would be cool to meet Eddie Vedder (at least I think it would).

As much shit as Pearl Jam get from fans of 80's rock for helping "Kill" the scene I still to this day love Pearl Jam.

I too, have no problem saying "Ten" was a bloody good album :tumbsup:

Has noone noticed that Pearl Jam is hanging out with cheer leaders????? And you let your daughter go? "soundcheck"

Well, my youngest daughter who is in cheer is a 3rd grader, and the squad consists of 2nd to 6th graders, so unless they are child molesters, which I'm sure they aren't, I think it is all cool. However, I'd be more concerned with all the MILF's who are accompanying their daughters, which now that I think of it, my wife would definitely belong in the MILF category, cuz she actually is still pretty damn hot. So maybe I should be concerned now that I think of it :P

This thread title really doesn't translate well into British English... :whistle:

Haha - I thought this maybe a thread started by Wotters, describing his weekly L**on Town supporters meeting with the other fan they have. :butt:

This thread title really doesn't translate well into British English... :whistle:

Haha - I thought this maybe a thread started by Wotters, describing his weekly L**on Town supporters meeting with the other fan they have. :butt:

Harsh, but :rofl2:

My youngest does competitive cheer, and one of the dads of one of the girls my daughter cheers with does security for Pearl Jam, and they are playing at the Sprint Center in Kansas City tomorrow night. Well, the entire cheer squad has been invited to the sound check tonight and to hang out with the band! And I get to say home and mope about not being able to go :(

My missus would give her right arm to meet Eddie Vedder. Everytime they're here we have to go and see them (including next month at a festival), and I have to say they're pretty awesome live and Vedder is as good a live vocalist as I've seen.

Has noone noticed that Pearl Jam is hanging out with cheer leaders????? And you let your daughter go? "soundcheck"

Well, my youngest daughter who is in cheer is a 3rd grader, and the squad consists of 2nd to 6th graders, so unless they are child molesters, which I'm sure they aren't, I think it is all cool. However, I'd be more concerned with all the MILF's who are accompanying their daughters, which now that I think of it, my wife would definitely belong in the MILF category, cuz she actually is still pretty damn hot. So maybe I should be concerned now that I think of it :P

Fair points ;)

Harsh, but :rofl2:

:rofl: