Angeline

Dead Planet

Yeah, great CD, just bought a copy. Cool guys to deal with too...Was gonna make a post about this band, but it's cool that someone beat me to it. Their greatest hits disc is also very good with the original singer, "Stigge," on lead vocals (R.I.P.). Hope these guys get a label deal, they deserve it IMO.....Jeff.

• 8 months later...
  • 10 months later...

Ended up getting this for a good price at Musicbuymail and indeed, I agree. Nice, solid CD with some real good tunes on it.

• 8 months later...

So dudes, has anyone here actually heard their 2nd disc, 'Disconnected?' I heard it for the first time today and I can say I'm pretty sure it'll surprise the shit out of anyone who hears it. I recall the debut being a good one, but this is excellent. Gigantic improvement in song writing and the songs sounded brilliant on first spin. Even after one spin I'd have to say it is by miles the most over-looked album of 2012 so far. Get it in your ears.

Yeah not overlooked it's a pretty good album. My one/two criticisms would be it is a bit one paced and is probably missing a real killer tune. I'd say 75-80%

Before I check this out, is this a modern sounding one?

no

Definitely not.

Yeah, Glen I might agree with you about the one real standout missing, but based on that one listen alone it sounded like there were a lot of really consistently good songs on it. I may have got a little over-excited with my top 10 comment, but we'll see how the 2nd spin goes. I was really impressed first time around.

I listened to 'Run Run Run' last night, really disliked it and couldn't be bothered to listen to any other tracks. I will do so at some point though, so the jury's still out.

I listened to 'Run Run Run' last night, really disliked it and couldn't be bothered to listen to any other tracks. I will do so at some point though, so the jury's still out.

Some of it is a bit plodding and one paced IMO, not the greatest disc this year

I actually saw that video on their website but purposely didn't post it here because it is a really average song. That'd be about the weakest on the CD, imo. Most of it's much better than that. I've only spun it once so far and really need more spins to form a proper opinion, but I did like the first spin.

I actually saw that video on their website but purposely didn't post it here because it is a really average song. That'd be about the weakest on the CD, imo. Most of it's much better than that. I've only spun it once so far and really need more spins to form a proper opinion, but I did like the first spin.

Trust me to pick the runt of the litter! I'll investigate some others tonight.

'Run Run Run' is a decent AC/DC-ish track I guess. It ain't bad at all for me, well perhaps 'I Had Enough' and 'First Time Around' might be weaker. Overall, a 75% from last year, probably 80% or between that to me, but nice to buy if the price is right