Rock Candy Records - 2010 Releases

Looks like some great stuff for Rock Candy in 2010 including Melidian's 'Lost in the Wild' :bananamac: . I pinched this off their site.

MAJOR LABELS ARE a fickle beast - licensing therefore is pitted with issues that often prevent scheduled release at the very last moment causing great disapointment all round, so we will not attempt to list forthcoming titles in future except in very few circumstances where the signs are all but a whisker away from completion. Just keep an eye on this page for a quick update of what is and what is not on deck. We can confirm however, with 100% accuracy, that following the above anouncements Rock Candy will also be working on these titles for reissue this year… Heavens Edge ‘S/T’ + Bonus Tracks, Orion The Hunter, Barry Goudreau, The Godz ‘S/T’, Witness ‘S/T’ + Bonus Tracks,’Mother’s Finest ‘Iron Age’, Badlands ‘S/T’ + Bonus Track, Badlands ‘Voodoo Highway’, Vandenberg ‘S/T’, Jeff Paris ‘Race To Paradise’, Melidian ‘Lost In The Wild’, Stan Bush ‘S/T’, Sandy Stewart ‘Cat Dancer’… and many, many more for early next year including long in the planning stage Export ‘Living In Fear Of The Private Eye’ + ‘Contaband’, Roadmaster, Axe and the complete overhaul of the Strangeways catalogue.

Next 2 releases are both the excellent Virginia Wolf albums, the 2nd one 'Push' featuring 2 bonus tracks. Both out end of March.

And I am really looking forward to this one: Export ‘Living In Fear Of The Private Eye’

A CD release is LONG overdue !!

:cheer: I love the Rock Candy label! :banger:

I do too, but look how many releases were first released by WOUNDED BIRD.. :doh:

I noticed that also. I wonder if there's a connection there. I think the only Wounded Bird releases I've gotten so far were Loudness and Smashed Gladys. I'll be getting the Heavens Edge and Witness on the Rock Candy label for sure. Such superior quality in everything they release.

I do too, but look how many releases were first released by WOUNDED BIRD.. :doh:

I noticed that also. I wonder if there's a connection there. I think the only Wounded Bird releases I've gotten so far were Loudness and Smashed Gladys. I'll be getting the Heavens Edge and Witness on the Rock Candy label for sure. Such superior quality in everything they release.

I love what Wounded Bird does but prefer Rock Candy since they give you a great remastering and a hell of a booklet but just wish they weren't so damn expensive.

That's what I'm saying. I love the quality of the Rock Candy releases but focus more on stuff that has not seen the light of day for a long time (i.e. Trigger, Trillion, Storm to name but a few).

That's what I'm saying. I love the quality of the Rock Candy releases but focus more on stuff that has not seen the light of day for a long time (i.e. Trigger, Trillion, Storm to name but a few).

Yeah!

They really didn't have to add BILLY SQUIRE, LITA FORD, HELIX and SAMMY HAGAR.

Those albums never went out of print (Maybe Helix).

Yeah!

I agree on the Billy Squire and Lita since those are pretty easy to find to this day but the Sammy I thought was out of print and it seemed to be pretty expensive at least it was last year. We need to also remember that this label is in the UK and while some of the originals of these might be easy to find in the US and in print they might be out of print in the UK.

Yeah!

I agree on the Billy Squire and Lita since those are pretty easy to find to this day but the Sammy I thought was out of print and it seemed to be pretty expensive at least it was last year. We need to also remember that this label is in the UK and while some of the originals of these might be easy to find in the US and in print they might be out of print in the UK.

SAMMY HAGAR was reissued on BGO records. They actually did a bang up job on the release. THE PLASMATICS was another one that has been reissued a few times, but your right about the UK/US availibility..

Yeah!

SAMMY HAGAR was reissued on BGO records. They actually did a bang up job on the release. THE PLASMATICS was another one that has been reissued a few times, but your right about the UK/US availibility..

You're right about the Sammy/BGO I had forgotten about that. :anon:

I do love all of the Rock Candy discs I have as they do a great job with the remastering and booklet IMO. Sure there are others that I'd love to see them do(Vain All Those Strangers comes to mind) but I can't even imagine what goes into getting the rights to all of these different recordings. With that said I am looking forward to the Melidian, Heaven's Edge and Badlands(didn't realize how rare they were getting until looking at Amazon prices) upcoming releases. I also love what Wounded Bird does(their prices are better) but wish they would remaster and include some new notes in the booklet.

Very interested in what the bonus tracks might be on Heavens Edge....

That would make two of us. Three if you count the squirrel in my pants. Thank God he doesn't eat nuts.

Very interested in what the bonus tracks might be on Heavens Edge....

That would make two of us. Three if you count the squirrel in my pants. Thank God he doesn't eat nuts.

That makes three of us....or is it four? :unsure:

Here's a thought.

Should ROCK CANDY finish off a band's catalog?

Me being a O.C.D. (Obsessive, Compulsive, Disorder) person, would like to see it.

I don't like to look at a band's catalog in my collection and seeing 3 different labels.

Maybe I should have kept this question to myself.. :whistle:

Here's a thought.

Should ROCK CANDY finish off a band's catalog?

Me being a O.C.D. (Obsessive, Compulsive, Disorder) person, would like to see it.

I don't like to look at a band's catalog in my collection and seeing 3 different labels.

Maybe I should have kept this question to myself.. :whistle:

Yes that would be nice if they could get the rights.

The two Helix ones I have are great and it would be nice if they'd at least do the other two or three good Helix discs from the 80's.

The Riot "Narita" reissue was great and I'd love for them to do the rest of their catalog. I think Metal Blade owns most of or at least they did at one time.

Very interested in what the bonus tracks might be on Heavens Edge and Witness

I hope the great melodic piece 'Eyes of a stranger' from the demo collection "Missing pieces" is on the Heavens Edge release. One of the better song they have done. Absolutely essential for all fans of Heavens Edge. Below is a link for you to listen. It's not the reatest sound but It's a great track.

http://goto.glocalnet.net/heavensedge/sounds.htm

• 4 months later...

Did Rock Candy re-issue Coney Hatch - Friction or just the first two albums? If not has anyone heard if they plan to?

Just the first two. No mention of 'Friction' so far.

Very interested in what the bonus tracks might be on Heavens Edge and Witness

I hope the great melodic piece 'Eyes of a stranger' from the demo collection "Missing pieces" is on the Heavens Edge release. One of the better song they have done. Absolutely essential for all fans of Heavens Edge. Below is a link for you to listen. It's not the reatest sound but It's a great track.

http://goto.glocalnet.net/heavensedge/sounds.htm

nice.