Kane Roberts - S/T

heaven&hell

It seems like you can grab Kane's second disc 'Saints and Sinners'(which is awesome by he way)pretty damn cheap but the debut is crazy expensive.

http://www.amazon.com/Kane-Roberts/dp/B0000073DG/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1267920350&sr=1-1

Was there only a couple of hundred of these printed up or what?

I sure wish some great reissue label would reissue this underrated disc.

i actually bought it on bootleg from this russian or whatever seller as the price for the original was way to high for me. all i can say is that i was really pleases with that one, silver pressed, nice colours,booklet fine, you name it! guess i paid around $9.99

Never saw the self titled c.d. myself.

Saints And Sinners I picked up at Compact Disc World for $1.99 years ago..

It has a punch hole in it, but a wise choice on my part.. :tumbsup:

After I had had S&S on cassette back when it came out I saw the self titled one on cassette used somewhere but for some reason I never bought it. I have never seen it for sale in a store anywhere on cd, but I wasn't buying cds back when it came out. It's damn good if you want to hear it, I can send you some tracks or all of it if you like.

I think the reason its so expensive is that it was only released on CD in small numbers back in the day due to CDs being so new, and was never reissued, where as Saints and sinners was issued at a time when CDs were becoming a lot more popular with the buying public, and a lot more copies were pressed (and it could easily be found in bargain bins within a year or so of its release).

I had S&S on cassette years ago, and I got both on CD around 10 years ago.

Even back then the debut was considered a rarity, and I was only lucky that someone else found a used Japanese copy for me that was reasonably cheap (think it was around $20 or so).

Geffen were also better at handling rock bands than MCA, so that might explain the low numbers as well.

I put a Kane Roberts - s/t jap pressing up for trade some time ago & no one wanted it!

But iam glad of that, because it rock's :party421:

I think the reason its so expensive is that it was only released on CD in small numbers back in the day due to CDs being so new, and was never reissued, where as Saints and sinners was issued at a time when CDs were becoming a lot more popular with the buying public, and a lot more copies were pressed (and it could easily be found in bargain bins within a year or so of its release).

I had S&S on cassette years ago, and I got both on CD around 10 years ago.

Even back then the debut was considered a rarity, and I was only lucky that someone else found a used Japanese copy for me that was reasonably cheap (think it was around $20 or so).

Geffen were also better at handling rock bands than MCA, so that might explain the low numbers as well.

MCA - That says it all.

I got lucky with this one ten years ago when I picked it up for au$10. Then I got a really good trade offer I couldn't refuse, so despite my liking the disc I parted with it thinking I'd get it back easily enough. :lol: Ten years later I picked it up again in another overseas CD trade. Yeah, very hard one to come by... Great disc, though.

• 7 years later...

I still find it hard to believe, taking into consideration that artwork, but this is a great album, with many great songs on it.