Mr Scary CDs available directly from the band

heavyharmonies

Given the recent controversy about a member here trying to gouge people for their CDs, I told the band that the best way to counter this was to cut the legs out from under this person by publicly offering them directly from the band:

Australia: $20 AUS - shipping included

Worldwide: $25 AUS - shipping included

Message the band through their myspace account to arrange purchase:

http://www.myspace.com/mrscary100

Given the recent controversy about a member here trying to gouge people for their CDs, I told the band that the best way to counter this was to cut the legs out from under this person by publicly offering them directly from the band:

Hey Dan, can we just go ahead and send him the money now, or should we contact him first?

I don't understand bidding for 450$ when within the item description the Ebay seller had a direct like to the bands My Space page. If a band is still around or even non existent, yet they have a My Space page odds are the cd can be made available for much, much, much cheaper. Odd?!?!

also how 'bout only one copy per person?

I don't understand bidding for 450$ when within the item description the Ebay seller had a direct like to the bands My Space page. If a band is still around or even non existent, yet they have a My Space page odds are the cd can be made available for much, much, much cheaper. Odd?!?!

Numbers were low because only a handful of people have asked about a cd in the time Mr Scary have been on myspace , no use making thousands if nobody buys them !!

It sounds good, but a limited pressing of 100 most likely means it is a pro-printed CDR. Just saying...

Nope. Pressed silver discs. I asked just to make sure.

-Dan

Actual silver-pressed (replicated)... or diamond-silver bottom CDR (duplicated), which people are claiming are 'silver-pressed' these days? Very curious because I would like to buy one if it is a real replicated CD.

My question to the band:

Quick followup:

I'm assuming these are factory-pressed silver CDs, not home-burned CD-Rs. This is an important factor for many people.

Please confirm.

Thanks,

-Dan

Their response:

Hi Dan

Yeah 100% factory-pressed silver cd's

Understand we get that question alot !

We didn't like the way some people do cd's eg: Time Warp records etc...

Keeping it melodic

Seems pretty clear to me.

great news all around, I recommend this cd to every mhr fan :beerbang:

Ditto re: the other positive compliments.......Mr. Martens has been doing a very nice job serving as point man for the sale and distribution of this CD.....BTW, it really rocks! This is the type of hard rock that I'd love to see on the shelves at retail stores vs. most of the modern rock bands (some exceptions, of course). It's a bit of a pity IMO that more people, at least for right now, won't be able to enjoy this band's music.....Jeff.

Just a question... do you need to have a myspace page to get this? Just tried to send a message then but it's blocked by work filter. Will try again at home, but it's not a myspace-only thing is it?

Just a question... do you need to have a myspace page to get this? Just tried to send a message then but it's blocked by work filter. Will try again at home, but it's not a myspace-only thing is it?

not sure 100% sure, although i do recall them saying something to the effect of sending a PM thru myspace if you were interested in buying the cd. surely they'd answer an email though....

I just sent you some info that may help you get ahold of the guy, I did contact him through myspace though.

I just sent you some info that may help you get ahold of the guy, I did contact him through myspace though.

Message received and I thank you. :) Will order this now.

So it says in the liner notes that this is a New Zealand band. Could this be the best hard rock band to ever come out of new Zealand???

Also interesting that one of the past members was also in Love N' Rebellion.

Got my copy of the CD today and will have a listen later on.

Can you send me those details as well mate.