Mr Scary CDs available directly from the band

heavyharmonies

So it says in the liner notes that this is a New Zealand band. Could this be the best hard rock band to ever come out of new Zealand???

Also interesting that one of the past members was also in Love N' Rebellion.

Got my copy of the CD today and will have a listen later on.

great point but Mr Scary would be up against the likes of Scarf, Knightshade for that accolade.. heck I'd even place the mighty push push & the nod up there.

:beerbang:

Ditto re: the other positive compliments.......Mr. Martens has been doing a very nice job serving as point man for the sale and distribution of this CD.....BTW, it really rocks! This is the type of hard rock that I'd love to see on the shelves at retail stores vs. most of the modern rock bands (some exceptions, of course). It's a bit of a pity IMO that more people, at least for right now, won't be able to enjoy this band's music.....Jeff.

Not many other comments on the actual music here, but doods, this is really good stuff. I don't have to pretend to like it because they're half Aussie or anything... I just genuinely think this is a very good disc. Well produced too, for such an obscure release. The guy's got a good voice and the music is just good time, stereo playing in the old man's Datsun 1800B - or whatever you're driving at the time - type of stuff, good 80's rock songs. Basically, it's a good album and well worth the money. :) Nice one, Ray!

Ditto re: the other positive compliments.......Mr. Martens has been doing a very nice job serving as point man for the sale and distribution of this CD.....BTW, it really rocks! This is the type of hard rock that I'd love to see on the shelves at retail stores vs. most of the modern rock bands (some exceptions, of course). It's a bit of a pity IMO that more people, at least for right now, won't be able to enjoy this band's music.....Jeff.

Not many other comments on the actual music here, but doods, this is really good stuff. I don't have to pretend to like it because they're half Aussie or anything... I just genuinely think this is a very good disc. Well produced too, for such an obscure release. The guy's got a good voice and the music is just good time, stereo playing in the old man's Datsun 1800B - or whatever you're driving at the time - type of stuff, good 80's rock songs. Basically, it's a good album and well worth the money. :) Nice on, Ray!

I like the samples but I'm having a hard time justifying the $25 USD price tag..... :unsure:

Waiting on my copy to arrive and have been informed it is on it's way. Will let you know my opinion when it gets here.

Waiting on my copy to arrive and have been informed it is on it's way. Will let you know my opinion when it gets here.

Aye same here, ordered my copy too and will give feedback once I've given it a few spins.

Not many other comments on the actual music here, but doods, this is really good stuff. I don't have to pretend to like it because they're half Aussie or anything... I just genuinely think this is a very good disc. Well produced too, for such an obscure release. The guy's got a good voice and the music is just good time, stereo playing in the old man's Datsun 1800B - or whatever you're driving at the time - type of stuff, good 80's rock songs. Basically, it's a good album and well worth the money. :) Nice one, Ray!

Got my copy today and I have to agree! Fun, happy time music. :) Everything Put Together is a fantastic song and it's been stuck in my head all day.

Got my copy today and I have to agree! Fun, happy time music. :) Everything Put Together is a fantastic song and it's been stuck in my head all day.

Yeah, totally backed on that song. That song is as infectious as anything I've heard this year. Usually, to avoid overkill, I'll skip a song the 2nd time if it's on the album twice but I can't turn this one off when it comes around for round 2 at the end of the disc. Love it.

Cool! I only asked coz it would cost arm and leg to make 100 replicated cds, if any pressing plants are offering such low quantity at all.

Actually it's only about $200 to duplicate 100 cd's with a 4 page booklet.

The plant I use has tons of different options and I can even do as low as a 50 cd run. Of course ,most of the time I do a 500 run now which are replicated and cost around $1.35 per disc with a 4 pager , $1.50 for 6 pager and about $1.63 for an 8-pager.

Some people ask why I don't just replicate everything...well , it's difficult justifying doing a 500-1000 units of a 4 or 5 song EP. I don't mind paying 50 cents more per disc for a short run.

Sorry , didn't mean to hijack the thread... MR SCARY SOUNDS REALLY GOOD!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...