Mr Scary

melodicrockoz

Didnt think I'd ever hear the name Mr Scary again in reference to Sydney melodic hard rockers that played the infamous live circuit during the late 80's & early 90's . They only have been known to have released a 3 track demo cassette & well somehow went on to record a full lenght album that is now being made available for the very first time.

Check em out here..

http://www.myspace.com/mrscary100

Let me your thoughts.

Scrumptious melodic hard rock from "Geoffsville" as we Victorians call it :):beerbang:

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I posted this in the E-Bay Auction Data section:

Mr. Scary - The World Can Wait CD

Item number: 300393314877

Bids...11

Price...AU $449.00

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...=STRK:MESELX:IT

This was the last copy of their full length CD and they just sold it on E-Bay for a whopping $449. I'm not sure how many were pressed but apparently not many. I saw it was pressed in Sydney but wasn't sure if it was an Aussie band or not. Never heard of them before now. Were they any good Andre?

anymore thoughts about this cool band? :beerbang:

You mean outside of your using multiple fake names and addresses to get multiple CDs from the band so you can rip people off here at outrageous prices?

The band has contacted me directly about this.

I'm still in discussion with the other moderators on how best to handle this, but don't be surprised if you suddenly find yourself no longer a member here.

What you are doing is beyond uncool.

-Dan

got my copy in the mail alst night, and although i haven't listened to it yet, it looks to be a great package. 8pg booklet compelte with lyrics, although a few more vintage pix would be cool.

would be great to see other bands from this era follow the lead of Mr Scary.

a big thumbs up to the guys for putting this one together! :tumbsup:

Hey Lindsay, is it a good disc? I'm curious to hear some honest feedback on it from someone not trying to sell off his copies for crazy prices. ;) Who would you compare them to? Is the Dokken reference (I assume?) in the band name representative of what they sound like?

Hey Lindsay, is it a good disc? I'm curious to hear some honest feedback on it from someone not trying to sell off his copies for crazy prices. ;) Who would you compare them to? Is the Dokken reference (I assume?) in the band name representative of what they sound like?

i've only heard the myspace tracks so far, and they're more melodic than what I know of Dokken (i haven;'t actaully heard that much Dokken though....) Will hopefully get the chance to give thewhole disc a listen over the weekend.

How have ya not heard Dokken, or much of them? You're missing out man....I thought we all had to pay our Dokken dues when growing up lol jk. Both bands are great, but yeah I wouldn't exactly equate Mr Scary's sound with Dokken's per se, but I'd say most people who enjoy crunchy melodic rock would like both even though they each got their unique styles within the genre

:git:

How have ya not heard Dokken, or much of them? You're missing out man....I thought we all had to pay our Dokken dues when growing up lol jk. Both bands are great, but yeah I wouldn't exactly equate Mr Scary's sound with Dokken's per se, but I'd say most people who enjoy crunchy melodic rock would like both even though they each got their unique styles within the genre

:git:

i think i only picked up my first dokken cds only about a year ago from "second spin". Whilst i liked what i heard it wasn't anything that blew my mind. The later dokken stuff i heard tho was very ordinary IMO.

You mean outside of your using multiple fake names and addresses to get multiple CDs from the band so you can rip people off here at outrageous prices?

The band has contacted me directly about this.

I'm still in discussion with the other moderators on how best to handle this, but don't be surprised if you suddenly find yourself no longer a member here.

What you are doing is beyond uncool.

-Dan

:popcorn:

You naughty little chap you! ;)

got my copy in the mail alst night, and although i haven't listened to it yet, it looks to be a great package. 8pg booklet compelte with lyrics, although a few more vintage pix would be cool.

would be great to see other bands from this era follow the lead of Mr Scary.

a big thumbs up to the guys for putting this one together! :tumbsup:

One thing though, I couldnt hear the resemblance to Dokken. Then again I love alotta the Dokken tunes & Mr Scary does have quite a few tunes that rock & no filler, imho! :beerbang:

Just checked out the tunes on myspace... wow, that's pretty good stuff. How are they not more well known to the general Aussie melodic rock fan? Cool image, good songs. I like it. I'll definitely pick up a CD if they come back on sale. Great list of influences too!

Given the recent controversy about a member here trying to gouge people for their CDs, I told the band that the best way to counter this was to cut the legs out from under this person by publicly offering them directly from the band:

Australia: $20 AUS - shipping included

Worldwide: $25 AUS - shipping included

Message the band through myspace to arrange purchase:

Has anyone else ordered a copy of this one yet? I really liked the stuff on their myspace page, and although it isn't that cheap, it's not bad with postage included, (for the UK anyways) - works out at about £15.

I like the sound of the band,singer reminds me abit of Jon Bon Jovi and the lead guitarist smokes.When i can afford it i might just order a copy.Don't know how i never heard of this band back in the day,knew of the name but not the music.

wait till you hear what else has been has been playing around Sydney from that era... hopefully alotta those bands are about to see the light :beerbang:

Given the recent controversy about a member here trying to gouge people for their CDs, I told the band that the best way to counter this was to cut the legs out from under this person by publicly offering them directly from the band:

Australia: $20 AUS - shipping included

Worldwide: $25 AUS - shipping included

Message the band through myspace to arrange purchase:

Thanks, Dan. I will be checking this one out.

• 7 months later...