White Wizzard - Over The Top

Jez

White Wizzard's new album 'Over The Top' is released monday. The 'High Speed GTO' EP. released last year was a great bit of fun, so for all those into Maiden, Saxon and a bit of unashamed HM, this should be at the top of the list. Hell yeah :headbanger:

1201whi.jpg

Disc: 1

1. Over The Top

2. 40 Deuces

3. High Roller

4. Live Free Or Die

5. Iron Goddess Of Vengeance

6. Out Of Control

7. Strike Of The Viper

8. Death Race

9. White Wizzard

Disc: 2

1. Gates Of Gehenna

2. Heading Out To The Highway

Been meaning to check these guys out for awhile now. Someone started a thread about'em here a year or so ago and liked what I heard on their MySpace, but never got round to pickin up a CD. I love the "new old-school" bands like Pharaoh, Ravage, and these guys :banger:

i'm giving these posers another, maybe one and a half year......

I'm becoming more and more convinced that "Sharatan" translates to "Man Who Poops In Everyone's Sunshine" in some obscure foreign tongue.

i'm giving these posers another, maybe one and a half year......

I'm becoming more and more convinced that "Sharatan" translates to "Man Who Poops In Everyone's Sunshine" in some obscure foreign tongue.

Backed!! :tumbsup:

What are ya tryin' to say Georgie boy?

White Wizzard's new album 'Over The Top' is released monday. The 'High Speed GTO' EP. released last year was a great bit of fun, so for all those into Maiden, Saxon and a bit of unashamed HM, this should be at the top of the list. Hell yeah :headbanger:

1201whi.jpg

1. Over The Top

2. 40 Deuces

3. High Roller

4. Live Free Or Die

6. Out Of Control

7. Strike Of The Viper

8. Death Race

9. White Wizzard

1. Gates Of Gehenna

I'm so bored I'm pretty much just looking at anything today. Got no interest in the band, but seriously, what's up with a 9 song disc and 2 song 2nd disc? Why aren't all 11 songs just on one CD?

1201whi.jpg

1. Over The Top

2. 40 Deuces

3. High Roller

4. Live Free Or Die

6. Out Of Control

7. Strike Of The Viper

8. Death Race

9. White Wizzard

1. Gates Of Gehenna

I'm so bored I'm pretty much just looking at anything today. Got no interest in the band, but seriously, what's up with a 9 song disc and 2 song 2nd disc? Why aren't all 11 songs just on one CD?

Because it wouldn't be a double disc set... :rofl2:

Haha, the video is soo cheesy it is total cult, I like it :)

ha, you wished that you would have signed them for your cheesy label......

Ohhhhhhhh SNAP. No you DIN'T. That ain't right yo.

Great stuff. We had A 'Cheesy' hair metal band dominating some peoples choices last year, so plenty of room for a 'Cheesy' metal band aswell : :headbanger:

ha, you wished that you would have signed them for your cheesy label......

:popcorn:

+1

+32

Great stuff. We had A 'Cheesy' hair metal band dominating some peoples choices last year, so plenty of room for a 'Cheesy' metal band aswell : :headbanger:

they have the gkeiest wizard ever appeared on a cover....and they paid big $$$ for it..... :popcorn:

they have the gkeiest wizard ever appeared on a cover....and they paid big $$$ for it..... :popcorn:

Pretty Good Stuff !!! Good luck finding it though ......

Only difference being the cheesy hair metal band were actually good. ;)

lol, I kid. Not getting into a discussion on this. Good luck if you like this stuff, just not my personal scene at all and not comparable to Steel Panther in any single way... thankfully. ;):D

• 2 weeks later...

Downloaded the EP and album a few days ago, and its pretty damn good stuff.

Certainly owe a lot to Maiden, Priest and Dio, but thats no bad thing now is it.

Love the video for Over the top, as it shows a sense of humour, and is purposely cheesy.

A guy I know told me about them and I just checked out the video for Over The Top yesterday. Sounds good at first listen; may have to check these guys out a little more. I rarely ever buy new stuff but may take a look at this one.

Downloaded the EP and album a few days ago, and its pretty damn good stuff.

Certainly owe a lot to Maiden, Priest and Dio, but thats no bad thing now is it.

Love the video for Over the top, as it shows a sense of humour, and is purposely cheesy.

It's a good album for sure, carries on where the EP. finished although the production is a tad better. The cover of Priest's 'Heading Out To The Highway' and Cloven Hoof's 'Gates Of Gehena' are a nice touch on the little bonus disc aswell. It won't win any awards or anything, but is a good, fun disc all the same.