VEGA

Glen

New AOR for 2010.

Unfortunately I cant find any links anywhere to this, but apparently they have signed to Frontiers and it is supposed to be massive. Could be the WET for 2010.

Watch this space.....................

Not one reply on this?? Anything with the Martin brothers involvement has got to be exciting??

Just wondered if anyone had any news or had heard anything about this??

Cheers

Sounds interesting. I quite liked the Kick stuff, so will definitely be keeping an eye and ear on this one.

I have no idea who these guys are or what this is supposed to sound like, but Khymera and Kick are two bands I love so I'll keep an eye on it.

• 1 month later...

Just heard tonight on ARFM that this album will be released later in 2010 on the Frontiers label - is supposed to be most excellent! One to look out for! Cheers

• 1 month later...

Still can't find diddly squat on the net, but I have it on good authority that this should hit around August.

One to look forward to....could be good.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

See Andrew has a track from the forthcoming album on his new melodic rock compilation - a 90 sec snippet can be heard on his front page.

Sounds good. Pure AOR.

• 1 month later...

Press release from Frontiers.......finally!

------------------------------------------

Frontiers Records is pleased to announce the signing of Vega, a very exciting new Melodic Rock band from the UK, featuring former Kick vocalist Nick Workman and the successful and respected songwriting partnership of Tom and James Martin (House of Lords, Ted Poley of Danger Danger, Khymera, Sunstorm to name but a few), together with drummer Dan Chantrey.

Vega are set to bring back the reputation of British Melodic Rock music with a strongly original sound approach that while obviously influenced by the genre's greatest names (from Bon Jovi, to Def Leppard and Journey) adds a strong personal element that will definitely bring the band to the attention of a very wide audience. The band's debut album Kiss Of Life has been recorded under the direction of producer John Greatwood (engineer for Tom Lord-Alge of Queen fame), with the band selecting a total of 12 songs out of a total of 25 written for the purpose. Dennis Ward (Pink Cream 69) stepped up to the plate to put the final touches to the album, mastering it in his studio in Germany. The band has also recently finished the shooting of the first video for the album title track, which will be launched as first single in the fall.

Singer Nick Workman commented: “We are pleased and excited to be signed to Frontiers Records. We are very proud of this album and believe that it brings new vibe to the rock scene whilst maintaining the roots of all of the bands that have inspired us over the years!” Frontiers plans to release the debut album Kiss of Life later this year with more details to follow later. VEGA will be out on the road in the new year taking their music to the Rock fans live on stage!

WebLink: www.myspace.com/vegaofficial.

The full track up on their Myspace page sounds bloody good. If it's on Frontiers, available through NEH, it will most likely be in my cd player soon there after.

Ditto Dave........I listened to the sample posted on their MYSPACE page and it had a smooth AOR flow to it.....uptempo and melodic. I too am looking forward to hearing more!!

• 1 month later...

I still love this song.....very much looking forward to the full album at the beginning of December!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2XyGPnnZdQg

Yeah, I diggit. Count me in as excited.

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, this is a really great pure AOR album.

'Stay With Me' and 'What It Takes' are 2 excellent ballads! Really intelligent song writing like the Unruly Child album. Love it.

My choice track is A.N.Other.........bloody wicked.

Wowser! Wowser pants around my ankles! Love this album. I could not find a moment where I could fault it to be honest. I am a huge fan of Kick but there is no doubt that this destroys any and all Kick discs, including the excellent 'Consider this...'

Great melodic rock album, this. And I think I've finally found my favourite song of the year... and in a year where there are about 8000 incredible songs, I think 'Stay with me' will top them all. What a spine chiller. Absolutely stunning piece of melodic rock. We agree on the song, Glen, but I don't really classify this as a ballad at all to be honest. ;)

Anyway, this destroys Unruly Child imo, and I'm just figuring out if there's any room possibly left in my top 10, even 5 for this album. Great stuff!