VEGA

Glen

Great melodic rock album, this. And I think I've finally found my favourite song of the year... and in a year where there are about 8000 incredible songs, I think 'Stay with me' will top them all. What a spine chiller. Absolutely stunning piece of melodic rock. We agree on the song, Glen, but I don't really classify this as a ballad at all to be honest. ;)

Ha ha, yeah, I guess it is a bit uptempo for a ballad! lol. It was the subject matter which confused me I think!

Very strong album with some really great tunes. Agree that it kills Unruuly Child and quite a few other AOR releases this year too. A bit more beef in the drums department wouldn't have gone amiss to be honest, but digging it just the same.

Very strong album with some really great tunes. Agree that it kills Unruuly Child and quite a few other AOR releases this year too. A bit more beef in the drums department wouldn't have gone amiss to be honest, but digging it just the same.

Yeah, totally agree about the drums actually. I thought it might just be my earphones, but I guess not. I'm not saying it's an album ruiner at all, but heavier drums would be nice next time. :) Still a great album with great songs.

Didn't know anything about this release but just heard it for the first time and wow it's really good.

Big AOR usually isn't my thing but I have to say that I'm really impressed with this one.

You should pay attention a bit more...ive been harping on about it since January! lol ;-))

This is the best pure AOR album I've heard since the Work Of Art debut. Period.

[by the way, I didnt even notice the drums issue.....must be those shitty iphones ;-) ]

Didn't know anything about this release but just heard it for the first time and wow it's really good.

Big AOR usually isn't my thing but I have to say that I'm really impressed with this one.

You should pay attention a bit more...ive been harping on about it since January! lol ;-))

I know I'm bad about reading new threads lately. I used to get on this site and always be on the lookout for new stuff but now I'm almost trying to avoid it so I don't like what I hear and then want to buy the cd. :anon:

• 2 weeks later...

Picked this one up on Friday and had it on constant repeat virtually all weekend. It really is awesome, great songwriting and some killer tunes. The title-track is top pick for me, but all of the first 4 tunes are big highlights - as is "SOS". Not sure I agree with those who think this is better than UNRULY CHILD as that one was the perfect balance of 80's/90's and a more updated sound. This one is pure 80's, with those cheesy lyrics (on some occasions they're too much for my modern tastes) with no attempt to sound updated whatsoever. It's like all the British 80's acts (Heartland/Dare/Outside Edge etc) all rolled into one. I do love it, but a slightly more updated production job would've been nice...

I've had this one for a week now and it's a damn good release. I instanly loved the majority of the tracks and even those I didn't like at first I find myself warming up to them. This will certainly be in my top 10 for the year. I believe Glen mentioned that VEGA was this year's W.E.T or Work Of Art and it is.....a true AOR gem.