With all due respect to Cockroach

Rock Star Soundtrack, 2 disc-version  

13 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

So, on my way to go watch the Rose Bowl with some friends last night (Hey SHK!), and the resulting Buckeyes' Rose Bowl Championship, I was listening to some stuff on the iPod.

I decided to punch up the Rock Star soundtrack. And, for some reason, as I was jamming to Blood Pollution, I got the recurring thought "Boy, wouldn't it have been great if they did a whole album of Steel Dragon songs."

But, upon moving on to Stand Up, I thought "Heck, why stop at one album? What if they had a whole album's worth of songs and had each singer record all the tracks? A Jeff Scott Soto album and Mike Matijevic album." In addition the cover they already did (that didn't make the album and could have been one more track), they could each pick their favorite "other" song from the soundtrack to cover.

I know some songs might not fit perfectly with voices, but I think JSS and Mili have some of the more talented voices and in 2001 would have been more than up to the challenge.

I know my answer. I'm guessing most of the folks here would share the same. Not that we constitute a large part of the market, but we're pretty representative of the market for that film/soundtrack. I guess it's a nice dream. (Can you imagine how awesome it would be to hear that there was a backlog of songs like this that never made the album or something like that?)

And if this has been discussed (and I could have even been involved), my searches didn't turn up a thing, so I apologize if this is a duplicate thread.

I agree and would love to hear a double disc of only Steel Dragon tunes.

I remember how dissapointed I was of what was on the rest of the soundtrack besides Steel Dragon tunes.

I mean who give a f@#k about Everclear, The Verve Pipe and INXS? Not me.

We've heard the Motley, Kiss and Bon Jovi a million times before so I would of rather heard more Dragon songs or at least cover tunes by Steel Dragon. I remember them doing a Def Leppard tune in the movie that wasn't on the soundtrack. I wonder why that happened?

As best as I know there were 6 Steel Dragon songs, which ended up on the album, plus the cover of Reckless that partially appeared in the movie.

Honestly, I would buy a 2-disc set if it was just those 6 songs and JSS and Matijevic doing covers of other songs in the movie, though a proper "Steel Dragon" album would be unbelievable.

Or, and this is REALLY overkill, a 3-disc set, with the 2 vocalists each having their own Steel Dragon album plus a 3rd of all the other artists' songs in the movie. haha (Yeah, I still would buy that too.)

Those Steel Dragon tunes kicked ass!! I would love to hear a 2 disc set of tunes from those guys. The other songs that were on the soundtrack were songs that we all have heard a zillion times and then some. What an awesome idea!!

Jay I love the 3 cd angle!!

The best part of it is most of the stuff is already recorded, so the effort wouldn't be huge.

Sidebar: I do not recall the guitarist songwriters name, but, interesting story, at the time this film was beginning New American Shame guitarist Jim Paulson was in LA writing songs and jamming with the aforementioned unknown songwriter and was even cast as the bassist in Marky Marks cover band. He later pulled out of the deal to take NAS to Japan...

There are a couple of unreleased songs around the net....Desperate Hearts written by Jeff Pilson, and Crown Of Falsehood written by Zakk Wylde...

although im not sure how authentic they are, i mean i thought there was a full length version of Reckless but it turned out it was the Phoenix Down original....but i have 9 songs on my MP3 player under the Steel Dragon name :P

There are a couple of unreleased songs around the net....Desperate Hearts written by Jeff Pilson, and Crown Of Falsehood written by Zakk Wylde...

although im not sure how authentic they are, i mean i thought there was a full length version of Reckless but it turned out it was the Phoenix Down original....but i have 9 songs on my MP3 player under the Steel Dragon name :P

I think I heard that before. On the Steel Dragon Wikipedia page, it lists that there really is a SD cover of Reckless. I wonder where one could get it. And the others. That would be incredible. (In lieu of getting this incredible double disc album.)

I think I heard that before. On the Steel Dragon Wikipedia page, it lists that there really is a SD cover of Reckless. I wonder where one could get it. And the others. That would be incredible. (In lieu of getting this incredible double disc album.)

ill upload Desperate Hearts and Crown Of Falsehood when i can get them off my computer :)

ill upload Desperate Hearts and Crown Of Falsehood when i can get them off my computer :)

That's very awesome of you; THANKS Izzy! :drink: