Two new excellent Danish bands

Kristian

Definitely prefer Karma Cowboys and would probably pick it up if someone offered it to me... but not Supercharger. That wasn't so good at all.

I prefer Karma Cowboys as well, they recently opened for Deep Purble here in Denmark.

I still like Supercharger though, they're the ones who's making the biggest waves here, they've been nominated for a Danish Metal Award, for best debut album.

I agree with Geoff the Karma Cowboys are not bad at all the Supercharger vocalist sounded like he had to take a shit .....

I really like that Karma Cowboys track. The Supercharger one could do without the vocals. Those were atrocious. He sounded like he was singing into an ashtray.

Listened to a few Supercharger tracks on Youtube and three Karma Cowboys songs on their MySpace page. Agree with the consensus here, Supercharger are the inferior of the two, the vocalist is not good at all and I'm not keen on the songs, with the exception of 'Hell Motel', which is pretty good and I may have to download. The Karma Cowboys track in the link above is by far the best of the three I've heard, not bad at all. The other two tracks are quite poor in my opinion. I'm not too keen on the vocalist, nothing special, but a promising band nonetheless.

• 1 year later...

I've spun Supercharger's second album "That's how we Roll" a lot in the past months and I think it's great stuff!

Dare I say that the vocals are a bit more melodic now, as they've worked with Anders Ringman (sidekick of Chris Laney) and the songwriting is more diverse. Really cool album imo!

i own 'That's How We Roll', while i also think it's good album, i don't think it's really great,

but if you like Buckcherry-meets-Motorhead, this one is worth to try.

7.5/10 from me :guitbannana:

• 6 months later...

The Supercharger release is one of my most-played albums of 2011! Love it!

2012 kicks off with yet another kick-ass Danish band called Bullet Train Blast. Check out their single:

Bullet Train Blast

I'm liking that a lot! :headbanger:

I like that song too...I will be checking out the cd in January...nice find...

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...

This new project from Kenny Lübcke (Narita, Zoser Mez, Royal Hunt etc.) sounds interesting.

Infinity - Freefalling:

[media=]

[/media]

Nice song. Very nice. :tumbsup:

• 2 months later...

St. Prostitute:

Official Page

Seems like their debut is due soon...

St Prostitute sound pretty good to me:

(What a fantastic choooooon!!!!!)

Anyone else liking this band?

Sounds real good, especially that first song (And 'Dreaming of you'). But yeah, this sounds like something I must check out for sure.

Sounds real good, especially that first song (And 'Dreaming of you'). But yeah, this sounds like something I must check out for sure.

You and me both. No idea how to get hold of the CD though (unless you get it shipped from Denmark for big bucks...)

• 2 months later...

Give me a PM anybody who wants to check St. Prostitute out. It's very good.

'Tis indeed very good. One of the best overlooked CDs of 2012.