China - Light Up The Dark

dethuniverse

OH WOW! Awesome news! I was fearing this had been canned. So how are those two songs? Will listen to them tonight for sure.

Eric St Michaels on vocals - AWESOME. I probably said this in another thread, but he was my favourite vocalist with this band (even though the first 2 albums are easily their best). I really hope they deliver something awesome here.

Just gave the two songs a spin. I like 'Lonely Rider' despite it being a little bit average, but I don't like 'She's so hot' at all.

China will release a new album called "Light Up The Dark" in January 2010, 2 new songs (She's So Hot & Lonely Rider) are available for streaming now !

http://www.myspace.com/chinamusic

The new tracks from the "Best-of" cd (Girl On My Screen, Trapped In The City, Stay) has been "re-cut" and they are going to be included in the new album as well.

China will release a new album called "Light Up The Dark" in January 2010, 2 new songs (She's So Hot & Lonely Rider) are available for streaming now !

http://www.myspace.com/chinamusic

The new tracks from the "Best-of" cd (Girl On My Screen, Trapped In The City, Stay) has been "re-cut" and they are going to be included in the new album as well.

Nice. I never got around to getting those ones.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Seems a bit average to me...When the music catches my ears, then the lyrics have too much cheese...Have to say no...

Very slight change of subject... I had 'Sign In The Sky' on tape years ago and only really liked the title track and 'In The Middle of The Night'; the latter being the reason I bought the album, having heard it on Headbangers Ball. I was thinking about getting a 'best of' CD by China - do folks think it's worth it?

Very slight change of subject... I had 'Sign In The Sky' on tape years ago and only really liked the title track and 'In The Middle of The Night'; the latter being the reason I bought the album, having heard it on Headbangers Ball. I was thinking about getting a 'best of' CD by China - do folks think it's worth it?

No. Those two songs and the majority of the bands debut disc (which was awesome, and which you need to own) are the only good songs this mediocre band have ever written.

No. Those two songs and the majority of the bands debut disc (which was awesome, and which you need to own) are the only good songs this mediocre band have ever written.

Wow, totally disagree with that. I think the s/t and 'Sign in the sky' are both fantastic albums. So basically, James, if you didn't like 'Sign in the Sky' I wouldn't even bother with the rest of them because that's as good as they ever got, imo.

Something about this new album is leaving a bad vibe with me and I have a feeling it'll be a major letdown, but I'm still very much looking forward to hearing it. I heard it's a cross between 'Go all the way' and 'Natural Groove', which are undoubtedly their worst 2 albums, so we'll see how this goes.

Wow, totally disagree with that. I think the s/t and 'Sign in the sky' are both fantastic albums. So basically, James, if you didn't like 'Sign in the Sky' I wouldn't even bother with the rest of them because that's as good as they ever got, imo.

Something about this new album is leaving a bad vibe with me and I have a feeling it'll be a major letdown, but I'm still very much looking forward to hearing it. I heard it's a cross between 'Go all the way' and 'Natural Groove', which are undoubtedly their worst 2 albums, so we'll see how this goes.

From what I've heard, and this is one man's opinion, it goes not very well (pretty fucking bad actually).

I agree with Geoff that Sign In The Sky is as good as it gets.

Having looked at the track list again, I seem to recall liking 'Harder Than Hell' a bit and 'Animal Victim' quite a lot, so I'm wondering if I do need to get hold of the debut after all...

:doh:

Having looked at the track list again, I seem to recall liking 'Harder Than Hell' a bit and 'Animal Victim' quite a lot, so I'm wondering if I do need to get hold of the debut after all...

:doh:

Give it another spin, mate. If you like those three songs I'm sure there'd be others on there you may have overlooked. 'So long' is a beautiful ballad and 'Second chance' is my favourite track on the CD - killer melodic rocker.

• 11 months later...

God you must be bored dredging up old threads ;-))

Sounds like a turkey so I'll pass............

Yeah I guessed this would be a turkey too. Not sure what it was that gave me that impression, but here's a hint: I already own a couple of this bands past albums.

• 6 years later...