New Keel album in the works!

Dark Star

Saw this on blabbermouth and I HAD to share.....

KEEL Putting Finishing Touches On New Album - Nov. 10, 2009

Reactivated '80s hard rockers KEEL are putting the finishing touches on their new album, "Streets Of Rock & Roll", for a January 2010 release via Frontiers Records. The project is being produced by Pat Regan (DEEP PURPLE, KISS, WARRANT) and will feature guest appearances by Jaime St. James (BLACK 'N BLUE) and Paul Shortino (ROUGH CUTT, QUIET RIOT), who is also producing and recording Ron's lead vocal sessions.

A new photo of KEEL in the studio with Pat Regan can be viewed below.

KEEL announced its reunion in November 2008, and enjoyed appearances at major summer festivals such as Rocklahoma, South Texas Rock Fest, the Midwest Rock Fest, and the M3 rock festival in Maryland, in addition to sold-out headline shows in Hollywood and Phoenix. The energy and excitement of these tour dates spawned a surge of creative activity, resulting in an album's worth of new material.

KEEL promises this new release will continue in the tradition of their previous efforts — fist-pumping crowd-pleasing hard rock anthems fueled by screaming vocals and driven by powerful guitars.

Frontiers Records will also release "The Right To Rock: 25th Anniversary Edition" exactly 25 years after this classic album first hit the streets. This official reissue will be digitally remastered and will feature a brand new recorded version of the title track, which is even louder and heavier than the original. "The Right To Rock (Reunion Version)" features an all-star vocal chorus, and the band is also inviting fans everywhere to sing on the track: you can download a sample chorus on KEEL's MySpace, add your voice to the mix, send the band an MP3, and these will be mixed in to the actual recording of this timeless classic.

For details, visit www.keelband.com.

"Streets Of Rock & Roll" track listing (not final sequence):

01. Hit The Ground Running

02. Come Hell Or High Water

03. Streets Of Rock & Roll

04. Push & Pull

05. Live

06. Brothers In Blood

07. The Devil May Care

08. Looking For A Good Time

09. No More Lonely Nights

10. Hold Steady

11. Does Anybody Believe

12. Gimme That

13. Reason To Rock (Reunion Version)

With the high volume of requests for the band to reunite, the members — Ron Keel, guitarists Marc Ferrari and Bryan Jay, drummer Dwain Miller along with Geno Arce (Ron's longtime bassist) — felt the time is right to deliver the show fans everywhere have been demanding: a KEEL reunion.

"It would not have been right without these guys," said Ron Keel.

The KEEL debut reunion concert took place in Hollywood on January 31, 2009. The location for this historic event was Club Vodka at The Knitting Factory.

Watch fan-filmed video footage from the show below.

In 1985, KEEL's "The Right To Rock" became the fastest-selling debut in A&M Records' history and the band was proclaimed the "Best New Band" by Metal Edge and Circus magazines. The album's title track was a hit on radio and MTV and remains a staple on VH1 Classic, in addition to the group’s subsequent hits "Tears Of Fire", "Because The Night", "Somebody's Waiting" and "Rock & Roll Outlaw". The group developed a reputation as one of the genre's most entertaining live acts, opening for heavyweights like BON JOVI, AEROSMITH and VAN HALEN, among many others.

Here's hoping it's a good comeback album!!!!! :headbanger:

I like Keel as much as the next '80s leftover dude but I gotta say, the P.R. horsesh*t thrown around in Keel's press releases never fails to crack me up. Where exactly were all these "high volume of requests to reunite" coming from? Don't get me wrong, Keel were a good B or C-level band but it ain't like they were a hugely selling band ala Aerosmith or Bon Jovi in their day or anything. In the 20 or so years since their breakup I have never heard anyone say "God, when the hell are KEEL going to get back together?"

I like Keel as much as the next '80s leftover dude but I gotta say, the P.R. horsesh*t thrown around in Keel's press releases never fails to crack me up. Where exactly were all these "high volume of requests to reunite" coming from? Don't get me wrong, Keel were a good B or C-level band but it ain't like they were a hugely selling band ala Aerosmith or Bon Jovi in their day or anything. In the 20 or so years since their breakup I have never heard anyone say "God, when the hell are KEEL going to get back together?"

Maybe you just didn't hear me that time I said it, then again maybe I was just thinking it.

Seriously though I do agree they weren't on the level of the above mentioned bands and the PR is bullshit but I thought they kicked ass and am looking forward to hearing what they come up with as long as it doesn't have the Southern or Country sound that Ronnie Lee has done since his days in Fair Game.

Maybe you just didn't hear me that time I said it, then again maybe I was just thinking it.

...Or maybe great minds simply think alike. :lol:

Ron Keel played a new song from Keel when I saw him recently as special guest to Y&T!

Was it good?

He was good, can`t comment on the song as I`m not very good on one hearing.

I thought Ron was in cahoots with Sam over at Retrospect?

I asked that same question back earlier this year when there was a thread started about Chavis Records signing the band to release this album but there was no answer.

The last I heard was that Ron was one of the co-owners or was at least helping run it and then they signed to Chavis and now Retrospect. Not sure what's going on.

• 3 weeks later...
whats with the shitty productions? Productions 20 years ago sounded better. WTF?

20 years ago bands like Keel were signed to major labels who threw stooopid amounts of $$ at 'em for studio budgets. Nowadays they're on their own so they self-produce records on a budget of six bucks and a broken cracker.

And oh yeah, I listened to the samples and I'm with DrumRMan on this one. Pretty awful...

whats with the shitty productions? Productions 20 years ago sounded better. WTF?

20 years ago bands like Keel were signed to major labels who threw stooopid amounts of $$ at 'em for studio budgets. Nowadays they're on their own so they self-produce records on a budget of six bucks and a broken cracker.

And oh yeah, I listened to the samples and I'm with DrumRMan on this one. Pretty awful...

All true but most of Frontiers releases have good productions.

I haven't heard this cd so I can't comment but I sure hope it's not as awful as you're saying.

Wow, I'm surprised. What's awful about it? Is it just the lack of hooks? Does it still rock in a vintage Keel style? Looking forward to hearing it myself. :)

Wow, I'm surprised. What's awful about it? Is it just the lack of hooks? Does it still rock in a vintage Keel style? Looking forward to hearing it myself. :)

I just listened to the samples and I wouldn't say it was awful but it is much more laid back than I was expecting. I was hoping there would be plenty of fast tracks like "Speed Demon", "Arm and a Leg" and "If Love is a Crime". The songs aren't bad or anything but I guess I need to hold judgment until I hear the entire disc.

I just listened to the samples and I wouldn't say it was awful but it is much more laid back than I was expecting. I was hoping there would be plenty of fast tracks like "Speed Demon", "Arm and a Leg" and "If Love is a Crime". The songs aren't bad or anything but I guess I need to hold judgment until I hear the entire disc.

Haha. I'd never have put Keel and 'laid back' in the same sentence before... could be a scary combo. :lol: