New Keel album in the works!

Dark Star

Wow, I'm surprised. What's awful about it? Is it just the lack of hooks? Does it still rock in a vintage Keel style? Looking forward to hearing it myself. :)

I just listened to the samples and I wouldn't say it was awful but it is much more laid back than I was expecting. I was hoping there would be plenty of fast tracks like "Speed Demon", "Arm and a Leg" and "If Love is a Crime". The songs aren't bad or anything but I guess I need to hold judgment until I hear the entire disc.

Haha. I'd never have put Keel and 'laid back' in the same sentence before... could be a scary combo. :lol:

Imagine if it was still 1988 and they were trying to go top 40 like Bon Jovi but without the songs.

Wow, I'm surprised. What's awful about it? Is it just the lack of hooks? Does it still rock in a vintage Keel style? Looking forward to hearing it myself. :)

I just listened to the samples and I wouldn't say it was awful but it is much more laid back than I was expecting. I was hoping there would be plenty of fast tracks like "Speed Demon", "Arm and a Leg" and "If Love is a Crime". The songs aren't bad or anything but I guess I need to hold judgment until I hear the entire disc.

Haha. I'd never have put Keel and 'laid back' in the same sentence before... could be a scary combo. :lol:

Imagine if it was still 1988 and they were trying to go top 40 like Bon Jovi but without the songs.

Actually sounds interesting... looking forward to giving it a go.

Hey Geoff... I think you will like this one. I've heard most of the songs and have seen a few of them performed live and I can't wait for this one to be released. I actually think "Brothers in Blood" may be my favorite on the disc. I think this may be one of those releases that takes a few spins for most people to get into. I think in general all the KEEL releases are like that. I'm not sure too many people were blown away the first time they heard a KEEL song.... :headbanger:

Hey Geoff... I think you will like this one. I've heard most of the songs and have seen a few of them performed live and I can't wait for this one to be released. I actually think "Brothers in Blood" may be my favorite on the disc. I think this may be one of those releases that takes a few spins for most people to get into. I think in general all the KEEL releases are like that. I'm not sure too many people were blown away the first time they heard a KEEL song.... :headbanger:

I was actually blown away after my first listen to Keel and that was the Final Frontier album.

For those wondering where these camel herders are sampling the disc, I assume it's here:

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermo...wsitemID=131250

I definitely wouldn't call it awful. "Restrained" is the word I'd use. Maybe a little safe, but honestly, doesn't sound too bad to me. I'm hoping that (like D2) the actual CD has a lot more balls than the samples suggest, but I'll still give it a go.

Not Keel to me..... I got bored after a few seconds of each sample

Yeah, that's exactly what I'm hearing, and the production sounds clear, but really sparse, like it's some good rough tracks, but they didn't have time to put the finishing touches on it. Maybe it'll be a grower, but I think I'll wait to buy it.

Pretty awful...

Listened to the samples again and maybe "awful" was too strong a word. Something like "average" would've been more accurate.

What happened to Chavis records?

Well, y'know, Keel was such a huge band and so many millions of fans have been clamoring for this reunion that obviously Chavis Records wasn't a big enough label to handle the demands of a comeback of this magnitude!!

Pretty awful...

Listened to the samples again and maybe "awful" was too strong a word. Something like "average" would've been more accurate.

I could agree with that.

Although I hope it's better than the samples but sometimes the samples don't lie.

Pretty awful...

I could agree with that.

Although I hope it's better than the samples but sometimes the samples don't lie.

According to House of Lords, Love Don't Lie either.