St. Warren - Return To Honest Planet?

DrumRman

What the hell is this? I love "Honest Planet" and this has me beyond curious!

http://www.impulsemusic.com/catalog/detail.asp?id=12033

Good question !! A new CD ? A track list would be really nice to have .....

I mentioned this over the weekend in the ST. Warren thread and it looks like it's legit but don't know much else.

I mentioned this over the weekend in the ST. Warren thread and it looks like it's legit but don't know much else.

They are official reissues from the same label that is releasing the Tora Tora and Hawk CD's ..

I have sent an email to Impulse Music earlier on requesting more information about this new CD. Here is their reply:

========

Bernd,

Sorry, I do not have much info yet, I am still waiting for a tracking listing, but will list more info as soon as I get it. It should be out early December.

Steve

========

I will send you all an update as soon as I get something. :headbanger:

I have sent an email to Impulse Music earlier on requesting more information about this new CD. Here is their reply:

========

Bernd,

Sorry, I do not have much info yet, I am still waiting for a tracking listing, but will list more info as soon as I get it. It should be out early December.

Steve

========

I will send you all an update as soon as I get something. :headbanger:

I'm happy that Steve actually responded.

Before they moved to Colorado I was having trouble getting them to respond to anything and always had to call to talk to anyone. It got to the point where I had stopped buying from them after always buying everything from them.

Dudes, embrock provided all this info for us last week. The tracklists are in the links.

'Return to Honest Planet':

http://www.fnarecords.net/index.php?option...s&Itemid=92

'Rock of Eden':

http://www.fnarecords.net/index.php?option...s&Itemid=92

As I said in the other thread, super curious about the 2nd disc. Well, I want both to be honest.

I listened to a couple of those samples but I couldn't get past the guy's voice. It sounded like he was in pain.

For both albums? Have you heard 'Honest Planet' before? I guess I can understand the strained vocal comment, but I love their songs. :)

I listened to a couple of those samples but I couldn't get past the guy's voice. It sounded like he was in pain.

For both albums? Have you heard 'Honest Planet' before? I guess I can understand the strained vocal comment, but I love their songs. :)

I only clicked on the link you posted for FNA Records. I guess the samples I heard were from 'Honest Planet'. Just couldn't take it. Does he sound different on their debut album or something?

I only clicked on the link you posted for FNA Records. I guess the samples I heard were from 'Honest Planet'. Just couldn't take it. Does he sound different on their debut album or something?

Nah, his voice is a little out there. Personally doesn't bother me too much because of the great songs. If I recall correctly he almost sounds a little like the dude from Shy Tiger, doesn't he?

Nah, his voice is a little out there. Personally doesn't bother me too much because of the great songs. If I recall correctly he almost sounds a little like the dude from Shy Tiger, doesn't he?

I'd take shy tiger over these guys anyday. Shy tiger was at least fairly catchy.

I actually think, that these are not the correct samples, as I've listened to them and they are all the same on every disc listed at FnA! Or has my computer got a problem?

Definately wrong samples, I have the original indie cd "Honest planet" in my hands.

St. Warren are a MUST for a lillian axe fans around the Love n War era, can't think of another band who sound so similar to be honest.

Very interested in these if there are new tracks etc.., and a whole albums worth of new material

• 4 months later...

Samples I've heard from this are really good, very high in my want list. Can only find it on the FNA Records website and they aren't cheap. Can't even see how much postage costs.

Wonder how one might go about getting a coupon for this site. Presumably as I wasn't in a rock band in the 80s, I can't get one. :unsure:

• 1 month later...

Hello all,

I have the original St. Warren - "Honest Planet" CD. Instead of the the track "Nature's Way" there are 2 other tracks (Can't Feel The Rain, She Said) on the "Return to Honest Planet" release.

My question:

Are these 2 tracks worth spending another 22$ (incl. shipping) for this release ?