Tora Tora

dethuniverse

TORA TORA TO RELEASE THREE NEW RARITIES ALBUMS

October 27, 2009

FnA Records is set to release three Tora Tora CDs featuring demo and previously unreleased material in December. The discs are titiled, 'Before & After', 'Miss B. Haven' The Unreleased Wild America Recordings' and 'Bombs Away The Unreleased Surprise Attack Recordings'. Samples from these recordings will soon be available from preview at www.fnarecords.net.

Before & After

01 - Wasted Love (from the indie release To Rock To Roll)

02 - To Rock To Roll (from the indie release To Rock To Roll)

03 - Time On The Edge (from the indie release To Rock To Roll)

04 - Phantom Rider (from the indie release To Rock To Roll)

05 - Love's A Bitch (from the indie release To Rock To Roll)

06 - Walkin' Shoes (Original Version)

07 - That's The Way Love's Supposed To Be (demo from the unreleased third album)

08 - Blue Tomorrow (demo from the unreleased third album)

09 - Better To Have Loved Than Lost (demo from the unreleased third album)

10 - Something's Gotta Give (demo from the unreleased third album)

Miss B. Haven' The Unreleased Wild America Recordings

01 - Take It As You Like It

02 - Ain't Nothin To It

03 - b - song

04 - Bite The Bullett

05 - Ride The Wind

06 - Can You Take My Blues Away

07 - Thats's The Way Love's Supposed To Be

08 - Timer To Let You Go

09 - Serious

10 - Bad Attitude

Bombs Away The Unreleased Surprise Attack Recordings

http://www.sleazeroxx.com/news09/1027tor.shtml

I'd like to hear these but am curious why the 3rd disc isn't being released officially yet.

If these releases are coming down the pipe I would have to think a proper release of Revolution Day is in the works...Hopefully! :tumbsup:

• 4 months later...

I have to admit, I've heard all three of these albums and in my totally honest opinion there is not even an EP's worth of keepers on all 3 CDs. Very much just a collection of cutting room floor left-over, imo.

I have to admit, I've heard all three of these albums and in my totally honest opinion there is not even an EP's worth of keepers on all 3 CDs. Very much just a collection of cutting room floor left-over, imo.

Now I wouldn't go that far. Yes there's some filler(there always is in these type of collections) but there's some cool unreleased stuff in there as well along with the original Tora Tora recordings pre-Suprise Attack. Still I would rather the third disc get officially released.

So has anyone ordered any of these cds? I see FNA Records is selling the trio for $39.97. I'll probably snag the bunch eventually. Really hoping they aren't cdrs. Anyone know for sure?

I haven't picked up the Tora Tora releases from FNA but I did pick up the 2 St Warren releases (Return to Honest Planet and Rock of Eden) and they were silver pressed....although they were also digi-pack and had no inserts...so rather cheap packaging...

I was actually excited about the Tora Tora stuff when I heard it was going to be released. When that Revolution Day recording hit the internet a while back, I got it and I LOVED it. I was hoping there'd be an official release of it and then this news came about. Being skeptical about releases these days, especially long lost recordings, I aquired these to preview and I'm glad I saved the money because the quality is that of a worn tape. Even the Revolution Day sounded better to me. There's some good songs, but I'd go as far as to say that 60-70% are forgetable. I see why they never made the cut to begin with.

wow.. some ruthlessly harsh comments there geoff.

Yeah, I agree it's harsh, and I don't take joy in saying it because I have nothing against this band. I always quite liked their debut and 'Wild America' is not bad either. Neither is a highlight of my CD collection, but they're both cool albums to have. But dude, these 3 CDs are just no good at all. No easy way to get around it. :(

wow.. some ruthlessly harsh comments there geoff.

Yeah, I agree it's harsh, and I don't take joy in saying it because I have nothing against this band. I always quite liked their debut and 'Wild America' is not bad either. Neither is a highlight of my CD collection, but they're both cool albums to have. But dude, these 3 CDs are just no good at all. No easy way to get around it. :(

'Wild America' isn't bad? 'Wild America' is awesome, okay not as awesome as the debut but still an exceptional disc IMO. :party421: