Whatever Happened To The Days When...

eaglesfan3000

I don't know about you guys but I've completely lost all control over my television. I'm stuck watching re-runs of NCIS that my wife always wants to watch and if NCIS isn't on my kids are watching cartoons. If that's not enough I've also completely lost control over my PS2 and Wii with the Lego kids video games.

Do any of you have the same problem?

YEP!

Me!!! :crying:

My wife will allow me to watch FAMILY GUY, but not without that comment "This is stupid" Yet she laughs at some of it as well..

When she is home, I am not allowed to watch any Black/white film, war movies, Godzilla movies, Westerns, Married with children, V.H.1 shows, Jackass, Twilight Zone marathons...

:crying::crying::crying::crying:

I feel your pain Brudda!!!

Shows who's got the pants on in your house ! :lol:

I control my tv and if don't want to watch it I'll dvr it for my wife and she can watch it later.

However I am lucky enough that my wife and I love almost all of the same shows so it doesn't come up to ofter.

She does love her lifetime movies and shows like 'Army Wives' that I won't watch and I love "Nip/Tuch" that she don't want to watch but besides those few instances we watch the same thing.

YEP!

My wife will allow me to watch FAMILY GUY, but not without that comment "This is stupid" Yet she laughs at some of it as well..

When she is home, I am not allowed to watch any Black/white film, war movies, Godzilla movies, Westerns, Married with children, V.H.1 shows, Jackass, Twilight Zone marathons...

Family Guy, oh how I love the days when I could stay up late and watch the re-runs on CN. I was watching the Foreigner concert this morning on VH1 Classic and my son came in and changed it to Flapjack.

Yes, anymore my manhood is sitting at the bottom of my wifes purse.

YEP!

Family Guy, oh how I love the days when I could stay up late and watch the re-runs on CN. I was watching the Foreigner concert this morning on VH1 Classic and my son came in and changed it to Flapjack.

Yes, anymore my manhood is sitting at the bottom of my wifes purse.

:rofl2:

Shows who's got the pants on in your house ! :lol:

He wears the pants in the family...she just tells him which ones to wear. :D

I don't have kids but I feel I wouldn't let them run the TV. Who knows. The wife and I find enough programs to share and when she's watching something I don't like I listen to music or watch the other TV. When I'm watching something she doesn't like (usually baseball or football) she does her Facebook stuff, does some sort of craftwork with a needle, etc.

I despise 99% of TV and try to read during a lot of what my wife watches, but I do have a select few shows that I do watch every week and I watch them all without fail (unless we're on holidays). If there's something else on I'll tape them and watch them later, but I have no issues seeing what I want to see.

My wife watches a lot more TV, but will watch almost anything (except the reality TV shows I adore) but she will also miss 10 episodes and not care. With the select shows I do watch, I need to see every episode every time, which is the secret to my success.

• My Little Pony

I ain't married. I can decide when I want to turn the TV on and play my assortment of consoles--rockin' Brutal Legend right now--and I download all my shows. So I can watch The Big Bang Theory, Castle, Glee, The Office, Parks and Recreation, 30 Rock, Dollhouse, and whatever else, whenever. Sorry. Would it make you feel better if I say I feel for you?

I don't know about you guys but I've completely lost all control over my television. I'm stuck watching re-runs of NCIS that my wife always wants to watch and if NCIS isn't on my kids are watching cartoons. If that's not enough I've also completely lost control over my PS2 and Wii with the Lego kids video games.

Do any of you have the same problem?

I feel your pain.

Most of the time I don't get a look in on the visual entertainment.

I ain't married. I can decide when I want to turn the TV on and play my assortment of consoles--rockin' Brutal Legend right now--and I download all my shows. So I can watch The Big Bang Theory, Castle, Glee, The Office, Parks and Recreation, 30 Rock, Dollhouse, and whatever else, whenever. Sorry. Would it make you feel better if I say I feel for you?

No wife, no problem. :tumbsup:

You still have to be in by 10 o'clock on a school night..Right? :crying:

• My Little Pony

Actually I have to be in by 9:00. 10:00 is my bedtime. What are you saying?

Don't you live with your parents?

It's a joke!!

• My Little Pony

It's a joke!!

I thought you would pick up on the sarcasm.

No, I don't live at home.

It's a joke!!

I thought you would pick up on the sarcasm.

No, I don't live at home.

Sure you don't! :lol:

4 occupants of the house, 4 TVs and 4 PCs in 4 different rooms. Nuff said. The missus watches and listens to the worst gimmicky crap imaginable. If I hear Right Said Fred or Beyonce or Wynonna, it's enough to put me into a blood fervor. At this rate, I'm right on line for that massive coronary I'm building up to before I hit 50. A few more over-hearings of Baha Men through the wall ought to do it.

4 occupants of the house, 4 TVs and 4 PCs in 4 different rooms. Nuff said. The missus watches and listens to the worst gimmicky crap imaginable. If I hear Right Said Fred or Beyonce or Wynonna, it's enough to put me into a blood fervor. At this rate, I'm right on line for that massive coronary I'm building up to before I hit 50. A few more over-hearings of Baha Men through the wall ought to do it.

you poor motherfucker. :(

Backed, you have to screen these women before you marry them. My current wife said she liked Metallica when I was courting her, but it's funny how when I get in the car the country station is always on. Can you say "false pretences".

Backed, you have to screen these women before you marry them. My current wife said she liked Metallica when I was courting her, but it's funny how when I get in the car the country station is always on. Can you say "false pretences".

An ex girlfriend claimed to be into metal, but all she played was JIMMY BUFFETT... :doh:

Not all women can be as cool as me when it comes to TV and tunes. :D