Helix - Vagabond Bones

dethuniverse

Vagabond Bones

Hung Over But Still Hanging In

HELIX: Two New Songs Available For Streaming - Oct. 11, 2009

Canadian hard rockers HELIX will release their new album, "Vagabond Bones", in Canada on November 17 via Universal/Fontana. Singer Brian Vollmer has been collaborating with Sean Kelly (CRASH KELLY) on material for the CD, which was mixed by engineer Aaron Murray.

Two songs from the album — "Vagabond Bones" and "Hung Over But Still Hanging In" — are available for streaming in the YouTube clips below. Vollmer says, "The soundtrack for 'Hung Over' [in the YouTube clip below] is not the finished master track. The mastered version is the one that has Russ 'Killer Dwarf' Russell singing a duet with me on the track."

"Vagabond Bones" tentative track listing (not final sequence):

01. The Animal Inside (Won't Be Denied)

02. Go Hard or Go Home

03. Vagabond Bones

04. Monday Morning Meltdown

05. When The Bitter's Got The Better Of You

06. Hung Over But Still Hanging In

07. Best Mistake I Never Made

08. Make 'Em Dance

09. Jack It Up

Vollmer's track-by-track description of "Vagabond Bones" can be found on the band's official web site.

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermo...wsitemID=128543

The track "Vagabond Bones" is classic sounding Helix. The video was pretty darn funny too with the dancing skeleton. The second track didn't do much for me. But it's definitely piqued my interest to hear the rest of the album.

• 5 weeks later...

You can listen to the whole thing on www.planethelix.com The song "Best Mistake I Never Made" is just awesome! The rest of the album is solid. I'd think about picking it up in a trade or something someday, but I still haven't rushed out to buy it.

You can listen to the whole thing on www.planethelix.com The song "Best Mistake I Never Made" is just awesome! The rest of the album is solid. I'd think about picking it up in a trade or something someday, but I still haven't rushed out to buy it.

Thanks Chris. I think you told me that already but I keep forgetting to check out samples. :anon:

Like their last few releases I have no interest in picking this up. The band just can't come anywhere close to what they had in the 80's/early 90's which is very unfortunate. I just haven't liked any of their recent stuff. That being said, I would be the first in line to a show if they ever get anywhere near my neck of the woods.

Like their last few releases I have no interest in picking this up. The band just can't come anywhere close to what they had in the 80's/early 90's which is very unfortunate. I just haven't liked any of their recent stuff. That being said, I would be the first in line to a show if they ever get anywhere near my neck of the woods.

I think you should rethink this Rick. I have this album and it's worth picking up. And we will take in a Helix concert together, yes, yes we will :beerbang:

• 7 years later...