Unruly Child original line up reunite!

Guest ajab

From Marcie Free's myspace

To the best fans in the whole world.

I'm just here to announce that it's official. Unruly Child has signed with Frontier Records. All the original members have agreed to come together for another record. We're excited and wanted you to know. I made a video to commemorate the signing today September 26, 2009. It's in my videos if you'd like to see it. Hope to see all of you soon. Keep on Rockin!!

Love,

Marcie

xooxooxoxo

:guitbannana::headbanger::bowdown::tumbsup:

Best music news of the year right here! Count me stoked. Of course, if they really want all the original members back again, then they need to include producer Beau Hill as well. He's a big part too of what made that debut pure melodic hard rock bliss.

Best music news of the year right here! Count me stoked. Of course, if they really want all the original members back again, then they need to include producer Beau Hill as well. He's a big part too of what made that debut pure melodic hard rock bliss.

Totally agree on Beau Hill needing to be involved. :drink:

I completely disagree, and this will never happen anyway. I interviewed Marcie soon after the operation (for Frontiers mag) and all the band hated the way that album sounded. Free particularly said he/she wasn't allowed near the mixing and the result was the vocals were buried in the mix. You have one of the best vocalists in Melodic Rock and you bury the vocals? Even though he often got the best out of bands, Beau Hill's production quality was pretty average IMO.

Hopefully as it's on Frontiers then Dennis Ward will mix & produce.

This is totally surprising !!! I thought Marcie off from the music business after his operation... This news sound like an hoax but isn't... can't wait to see the result of a such reunion...

Edit : oh and yes, agreed with Ward on production, they deserve a recent sound production...

A question:

Anybody know any record/song of M.Free after his change? I haven´t heard anything of this one, and I´m very fan of his/her voice...

Can´t wait for take a listening of their new material...

From reading an interview with her/him, the album that was released under the name Marcie Free, Tormented, was older stuff, much the same as his debut solo album, but she/he also stated that she/he never had anything done to his/her vocal chords, meaning it should be the old Mark Free voice.

She/He did state though that they would need to go through some excercise to get the stamina back for singing, as they have been pretty much unused since the op.

A question:

Anybody know any record/song of M.Free after his change? I haven´t heard anything of this one, and I´m very fan of his/her voice...

Can´t wait for take a listening of their new material...

From reading an interview with her/him, the album that was released under the name Marcie Free, Tormented, was older stuff, much the same as his debut solo album, but she/he also stated that she/he never had anything done to his/her vocal chords, meaning it should be the old Mark Free voice.

She/He did state though that they would need to go through some excercise to get the stamina back for singing, as they have been pretty much unused since the op.

There have been NO albums/songs released since Mark became Marcie, however I have heard her sing recently (she is still working a little but no actual releases) and it's the same old classic Mark Free voice - in fine form :)

The Marcie Free record Tormented was unreleased/remixed songs from before the change.

I just realized Mark Free had a sex change and that is why I see references to a Marcie Free.

See the loop....that's me wayyyyyy outside of it.

I completely disagree, and this will never happen anyway. I interviewed Marcie soon after the operation (for Frontiers mag) and all the band hated the way that album sounded. Free particularly said he/she wasn't allowed near the mixing and the result was the vocals were buried in the mix. You have one of the best vocalists in Melodic Rock and you bury the vocals? Even though he often got the best out of bands, Beau Hill's production quality was pretty average IMO.

And if they didn't have Beau Hill on production duties for that debut, I doubt it would be the melodic masterpiece that it is. Dunno about anybody else but I could hear Mark's vocals just fine.

And if they didn't have Beau Hill on production duties for that debut, I doubt it would be the melodic masterpiece that it is. Dunno about anybody else but I could hear Mark's vocals just fine.

I agree Mark's vocals sounded great and aren't buried at all.

Well the band themselves didn't agree, which is why Beau Hill would never even be an option here (however that's probably as much about personal disagreements than it is about the sound). I thought it sounded awesome, and agree the production played a big part - I'm just disappointed it didn't sound more like the first SIGNAL album with vocals high in the mix....

Superb news. I love all Unruly Child's previous material and have long wished for more.

Graham

http://www.freewebs.com/aor4sale/index.htm

From Marcie Free's myspace

To the best fans in the whole world.

I'm just here to announce that it's official. Unruly Child has signed with Frontier Records. All the original members have agreed to come together for another record. We're excited and wanted you to know. I made a video to commemorate the signing today September 26, 2009. It's in my videos if you'd like to see it. Hope to see all of you soon. Keep on Rockin!!

Love,

Marcie

xooxooxoxo

:guitbannana::headbanger::bowdown::tumbsup:

Well the band themselves didn't agree, which is why Beau Hill would never even be an option here (however that's probably as much about personal disagreements than it is about the sound). I thought it sounded awesome, and agree the production played a big part - I'm just disappointed it didn't sound more like the first SIGNAL album with vocals high in the mix....

Don't get me wrong I love that Signal disc but IMO the Unruly Child is much better.

Well the band themselves didn't agree, which is why Beau Hill would never even be an option here (however that's probably as much about personal disagreements than it is about the sound). I thought it sounded awesome, and agree the production played a big part - I'm just disappointed it didn't sound more like the first SIGNAL album with vocals high in the mix...

Don't get me wrong I love that Signal disc but IMO the Unruly Child is much better.

Signal is good, but comparing it to Unruly Child's debut is like comparing the kinda-cute girl behind the counter at the convenience store to the smokin'-gorgeous hotties that populate our Major Babeage thread or HSF's Motivational Posters thread.