Voices of Rock II - 'High and mighty'

Geoff

This one is excellent. I'll go out on a limb and say that early indications suggest it is better than the debut. A bit harder rocking this time, the songs just deliver one after another. The weakest two are probably David Reece's and Paul "The Voice of Sewerage" Sabu (Please, for the love of f*ck can someone tell this dude to stop singing stuff!!!) but even those songs are pretty good.

Highlights are Schmidt's 'Only 4 ever' along with 'Into the light' and 'Shame on you'... and 'Tonight'. Seriously, so many great songs here. This is going to climb my best of list this year, I dare say.

Here's the line-up:

1. Into The Light ; Tony Martin

2. Shame On You ; Bert Heerink

3. Tonight ; Joe Lynn Turner

4. Rock Me ; Paul Shortino

5. Remember Me ; Rob Rock

6. Lay You Down To Rest ; Mitch Malloy

7. In The Heart Of The Young ; Tony Mills

8. Dirty Games ; David Reece

9. Down The Drain ; Paul Sabu

10. Only 4 Ever ; Torben Schmidt

11. Maniac ; Michael Voss

I had to chuckle Geoff, one of the two tracks I enjoyed the most was Reece's "Dirty Games", with the other being Shortino's "Rock Me". Overall a fantastic release.

This one is excellent. I'll go out on a limb and say that early indications suggest it is better than the debut. A bit harder rocking this time, the songs just deliver one after another. The weakest two are probably David Reece's and Paul "The Voice of Sewerage" Sabu (Please, for the love of f*ck can someone tell this dude to stop singing stuff!!!) but even those songs are pretty good.

Highlights are Schmidt's 'Only 4 ever' along with 'Into the light' and 'Shame on you'... and 'Tonight'. Seriously, so many great songs here. This is going to climb my best of list this year, I dare say.

Here's the line-up:

A great release. I have heard it a number of times and I think it's better that then first part. It is overall a better album with less fillers. It open fantastic with Tony Martin which is the strongest song on the album. The Highlights is also Shame on you, Rock me, Lay down to rest and the agressive melodic rocker Down the drain with Paul Sabu not that different from spifire from the Sabu album. :guitbannana:

Mine should be on the way in the next day or 2 . I absolutely loved the first one, so this is gonna have some work to do to better it.

Here's the line-up:

It is overall a better album with less fillers. It open fantastic with Tony Martin which is the strongest song on the album.

Yep, I agree. The best songs are better than the first album and the weaker ones are far better than the weaker ones off the debut.

How is the Bert Heerink song?

I haven't heard him since the Vandenberg days but I read somewhere that he has a solo album coming out.

One of the best, mate. Killer track. I didn't even know who the dude was. I saw some comments about the line-up not being as good this time round, and on a purely vocal level I guess I'd kind of agree, but when the songs are consistently better than the debut and the vocalists are still excellent (aside from Sabu) then that's no concern to me. :)

Loving this.Mhr meets AOR.

Standout tracks for me ::

Tonight - Joe Lynn Turner

Only 4 Ever - Torben Schmidt

Lay You Down To Rest - Mitch Malloy

As for Michael Voss' version of "Maniac",I've got a strange compulsion to wear a leotard and leggings,and dance in the rain.....Marvellous !!

Not too keen on "Down The Drain" by Paul Sabu though.

Loving this.Mhr meets AOR.

Standout tracks for me ::

Tonight - Joe Lynn Turner

Only 4 Ever - Torben Schmidt

Lay You Down To Rest - Mitch Malloy

As for Michael Voss' version of "Maniac",I've got a strange compulsion to wear a leotard and leggings,and dance in the rain.....Marvellous !!

Not too keen on "Down The Drain" by Paul Sabu though.

The first 2 tracks are the stand outs for me. Never quite reaches those heady heights later on the disc.

The JLT song is good, but a bit by numbers for him I thought?? Doubt that song would have made the cut for 'Second Hand Life' ??

The Mitch song is nice too.

I'd say on par with the other (1st offering). Have heard off a friend and hope to get my very own copy in a day or two.

Here's the line-up:

Have had this on all weekend and have really enjoyed most of it. The Burt Heerink track is excellent and I will definitely be checking out his new album when it comes along shortly. The rest is a good mix of stuff, well played, sung (mostly) and produced, but I think it lacks the one killer track, which the debut had in spades. For me, this falls quite a way short of the first 'VOR', which was one of my fave discs of '07.

• 7 years later...

I absolutely loved this project. Two excellent albums.

I know, and so many more great singers for a 3rd for sure.