Music Downloads

Dave

Just purchased my first music download today for US$0.99

1RKO - One More Time................Because I'm sick of waiting for the album and I love that song !!!!!!

Anyone else purchased music downloads ????????

I purchased the MP3's for Richard Marx's 'Duo' album a year or two ago. Only cause they were'nt going to be available any other way. But I think a CD is now available. I plan to avoid the whole i-tunes revolution. I actually read that while single sales were rapidly declining for physical cd singles, album sales for physical cd albums was remaining quite steady.

I downloaded the tracks of the AVIARY debut album off CDBaby last year (9.99 USD). Only because this CD is obviously OOP and cannot be found anywhere.

nope and never. hammeron's 2nd,for example, is only availiable through this way and although i'm dying to listen to it, i didn't do it. neither i found it somewhere. and the majority of the tracks are not from their well known demo.mp3s, mp4s, mpsomething(actually and cds,hehehe) are devil's thingies.

Used to snag a few off of Napster then when I rebuilt my PC and they wouldn't work on the newly built PC without re-downloading them, I said no more. Now I guess they've gotten rid of that DRM problem.

I've grabbed a few tracks for my wife off of Amazon. Works well enough.

Have downloaded a few tracks off of Amazon from tribute CDs where I am not a particular fan of the band being tributised and one of the artists doing the tribute is someone I want as much by them as possible.

I've bought whole tribute CDs in the past that are full of bands I have no interest in, just to get the one or two artists I am interested in, so its certainly a money saver.

No and as long as cd's are available, then I never will.

:agree:

Yeah but quite often these days the cd aint available is it??

Mostly on the modern side....but they are some of my favs. Nural for example is a download only album. & its f excellent.

All the stuff I listen to is and loads more. Fuck downloads :fu:

Fuck downloads :fu:

That's exactly what I said about cds about 20 years ago.

Better prepare yourself for the inevitable mate.

Like it or not.

Like it or not.

You are dead right mate........Even now JB HiFi are no longer going to sell CD singles because of download purchasing.

The person who runs JB HiFi in Australia said the people and the times are changing and that alot of people are now downloading a certain song rather than buying an entire CD.

He said years ago, people were loyal to a band or artist and if they heard a song from either of them that they liked, they would buy the album it was from or simply just buy an album from the band or artist because they were loyal to them.

He said that society now is showing that loyalty to a band or artist is diminishing rapidly and that people are now becoming only interested in specific songs and would rather choose to purchase a song or two off an album than purchase an entire CD.

To put it bluntly he said, loyalty is now going to a song and not the artist hence the reason music downloading is going to get bigger and bigger and as Glen stated in his post, the word "inevitable", I think the way things are going, he is right on the money there and that is also pretty much how my kids and there friends operate now as well.

Signs are not good for what lies ahead :yikes:

Like it or not.

You are dead right mate........Even now JB HiFi are no longer going to sell CD singles because of download purchasing.

The person who runs JB HiFi in Australia said the people and the times are changing and that alot of people are now downloading a certain song rather than buying an entire CD.

He said years ago, people were loyal to a band or artist and if they heard a song from either of them that they liked, they would buy the album it was from or simply just buy an album from the band or artist because they were loyal to them.

He said that society now is showing that loyalty to a band or artist is diminishing rapidly and that people are now becoming only interested in specific songs and would rather choose to purchase a song or two off an album than purchase an entire CD.

To put it bluntly he said, loyalty is now going to a song and not the artist hence the reason music downloading is going to get bigger and bigger and as Glen stated in his post, the word "inevitable", I think the way things are going, he is right on the money there and that is also pretty much how my kids and there friends operate now as well.

Signs are not good for what lies ahead :yikes:

Then I shall go down screaming and kicking.