MelodicRock.com Volume V CD Compilation

JC_AOR

I received my CD today from Andrew and just wanted to say that this is an amazing 2 CD compilation with 37 songs and has one of the best CD booklets I've ever seen! Each song is depicted in the booklet with a picture of the album it originates from and a little paragraph from the artist talking about the actual song. A very well put together package and anyone who hasn't picked up a copy should head over to MR.com and do so before they sell out. This is the sort of quality packaging I'd like to see from every new release.

I haven't finished playing it yet but so far some of the stand out tracks are:

Taxxi - Writing On The Wall (prev unreleased)

Blanc Faces - Falling From The Moon (from the new album)

Action - Never Alone (prev unreleased)

all 3 bands will have albums out soon & hopefully this year.

Really excited about taxxi the most, really long overdue imho.

Im most interested in the new Blanc Faces....could and should be awesome.

Waiting for mine... :)

Are you getting the limited edition Greek pressing too? :tumbsup:

Can I get a hell yeah? It's kind of been overlooked with names like Treat and Danger Danger being thrown around this year but for the "normal" current batch of bands (not old time faves) this is easily my most anticipated release.

Can I get a hell yeah? It's kind of been overlooked with names like Treat and Danger Danger being thrown around this year but for the "normal" current batch of bands (not old time faves) this is easily my most anticipated release.

Yeah if this track is any indication of the rest of the album it should be amazing. Has there been a release date announced? Is it on Frontiers?

I received my CD today from Andrew and just wanted to say that this is an amazing 2 CD compilation with 37 songs and has one of the best CD booklets I've ever seen! Each song is depicted in the booklet with a picture of the album it originates from and a little paragraph from the artist talking about the actual song. A very well put together package and anyone who hasn't picked up a copy should head over to MR.com and do so before they sell out. This is the sort of quality packaging I'd like to see from every new release.

I haven't finished playing it yet but so far some of the stand out tracks are:

Taxxi - Writing On The Wall (prev unreleased)

Blanc Faces - Falling From The Moon (from the new album)

Action - Never Alone (prev unreleased)

Wow, thanks mate :)

Really appreciate that feedback - especially on the booklet. Cost a bit extra and took a while to put togther, but I basically do things as I'd like to buy them myself, especially as someone that loves the physical product still.

I'm talking to the Taxxi guys about what to do with the remaining material they have unreleased (ALL killer) and the Blanc Faces is now likely to be released early 2010 (as in Jan/Feb).

Thanks again.

Best regards,

Andrew.

any wailers on that cd?

Someone said only on the limited edition greek pressing :christmas:

you beat me to it. i only have the cypriot "all records" pressing. :christmas: trade?

I would love to trade but the greek limited edition pressing is already out of print before i could manage to buy it :(:christmas:

i'd love to trade also but i'm sure you don't have what i'm looking from australia. :doh:

on topic: where can i listen to the taxxi?

any wailers on that cd?

you beat me to it. i only have the cypriot "all records" pressing. :christmas: trade?

I would love to trade but the greek limited edition pressing is already out of print before i could manage to buy it :(:christmas:

i'd love to trade also but i'm sure you don't have what i'm looking from australia. :doh:

you can find most taxxi songs around the usual download sites buy their lps easily.

I'm pretty sure I could have got you a prowler demo tape but gave it to another cypriot friend last week.

If you want anything else let me know othewise they will go to Yanni the cypriot metal trader friend :christmas:

any wailers on that cd?

you can find most taxxi songs around the usual download sites buy their lps easily.

I'm pretty sure I could have got you a prowler demo tape but gave it to another cypriot friend last week.

If you want anything else let me know othewise they will go to Yanni the cypriot metal trader friend :christmas:

prowler's still a pain in the ass. but it's not my major wanted item. i wouldn't care so much, and thus losing my sleep, for a demotape, especially from the moment that i have it on cd-r(thanx to mr. harrison). who's this yanni? i wouldn't believe that any other cypriot would do things like these, let alone searching for prowler's demo.

do you have 7" inch singles? enticer?

back on topic: what are taxxi's titles?

any wailers on that cd?

prowler's still a pain in the ass. but it's not my major wanted item. i wouldn't care so much, and thus losing my sleep, for a demotape, especially from the moment that i have it on cd-r(thanx to mr. harrison). who's this yanni? i wouldn't believe that any other cypriot would do things like these, let alone searching for prowler's demo.

do you have 7" inch singles? enticer?

back on topic: what are taxxi's titles?

there was a bunch of old metal 7 inch singles that yanni got from me free even though he did say they are worth land water & the sky, one of them was enticer but that was a over a month ago.

yanni did say he was in a few melodic rock bands in the early 90's as a keyboard player, one of them was called black trade. Hopefully i will get their 12 track demo soon & maybe that will come out on a label next year.

Chris Antblad - 'Fools Rush In' is another good one.

Yep this is my fave tune. Awesome disc, barely a duff tune on the whole thing. Am surprised at the comments on BLANC FACES though. The debut was promising and they had real potential, but the new song is only so-so IMO....

One other comment from me. I sure wish ERIC MARTIN had done some more AOR during his career. What a KILLER tune that one is...

One other comment from me. I sure wish ERIC MARTIN had done some more AOR during his career. What a KILLER tune that one is...

I agree completely. Just magic....

I was at one stage talking to the original line up of Signal (without Marcie) teaming up with Eric Martin for a classic AOR album. Just another idea for Angelmilk that won't ever get anywhere :(

I agree completely. Just magic....

I was at one stage talking to the original line up of Signal (without Marcie) teaming up with Eric Martin for a classic AOR album. Just another idea for Angelmilk that won't ever get anywhere :(

That's a big shame, that would be a dream AOR line-up. Martin's raspy voice is perfect for pure AOR. As much as I love the W.E.T tune (is an absolute monster) I can't help but think there might've been better suited vocalists than JSS for that stuff. That said, it's sensational stuff...