Proper Footie 2009/10.for some.

Wotty

I totally agree Wotty and Glen, it could all still go tits up. We could be taken over and still lose players. We may not have a CVA and have 17 points deducted. All I was saying was that if the takeover goes smoothly from here and if they keep the players as they have suggested, presumably they must have some ambition for the club. There are probably 10 similar-sized clubs in the Championship with similar ambition, so it might not lead to anything, but next season, or after a season of consolidation, maybe they will hope for a play off push. To be honest, at the moment I am just glad to have a CPFC, but after all the excitement yesterday it's hard not to think about what might be in the future...

still a couple of decent teams coming down (ex portsmouth!) and some decent teams coming up (from div 1). Will still be a tough league, and to be honest I can still see you losing a couple of players to 'steady the ship' financially.

If you do keep the same squad, then I can see you mid-table.

Alls good tho cos as you say at least youve still got a club!!

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not a surprise as you say, he is injury prone. I'd say he is one of the only 3 or 4 class players we have. We're doomed, doomed I tell ya! :(

• 4 weeks later...

See administration looms yet again for Southend.

Chairman has promised that the tax bill will be paid before the court date....we'll see.

Not good tho.

Chairman has promised that the tax bill will be paid before the court date....we'll see.

Not good tho.

That's really bad news. Having been through that terrible experience twice, you have my deepest and sincerest sympathy. Clearly the powers that be are not going to stop killing the game at grass roots level, so hopefully Southend will get a bit of luck to turn it round.

Not good tho.

That's really bad news. Having been through that terrible experience twice, you have my deepest and sincerest sympathy. Clearly the powers that be are not going to stop killing the game at grass roots level, so hopefully Southend will get a bit of luck to turn it round.

Backed on that. You'll survive Glen I am sure, although I am sure it won't feel like it at times. Hang in there.

Looks like we might be signing Adam Barrett from Southend. Good little player he is. David Wright is a done deal and there is talk that Clinton might be coming back aswell. Ambrose and Speroni are both staying, so a bit of good news finally.

Looks like we might be signing Adam Barrett from Southend. Good little player he is. David Wright is a done deal and there is talk that Clinton might be coming back aswell. Ambrose and Speroni are both staying, so a bit of good news finally.

I think Barrett is in the bag, although I've never seen him play. Another strong rumour is James Harper on a free, which would be a fantastic signing, but I'll believe it when I see it. Things are looking up though, which is great news. I hope the mood isn't soured by the FA stitching Southend up with a massive overreaction as they did to Luton.

I think Barrett is in the bag, although I've never seen him play. Another strong rumour is James Harper on a free, which would be a fantastic signing, but I'll believe it when I see it. Things are looking up though, which is great news. I hope the mood isn't soured by the FA stitching Southend up with a massive overreaction as they did to Luton.

Overreaction? You surely jest. I would have dropped a bomb on the dump aswell, just to make sure. ;)

I think they'll be OK...but losing Barrett is yet another blow. Bad times for the Shrimpers, they'll have no decent players left even if they do survive.

The wilderness years are beckoning.............

I think they'll be OK...but losing Barrett is yet another blow. Bad times for the Shrimpers, they'll have no decent players left even if they do survive.

I think he turned down a new contract and was a free agent when we signed him - I don't think we took advantage of your situation. I hate it when the vultures circle and pick off the talent from smaller clubs (or try to) for a fraction of players' true values, despite having far more money than the troubled club. (I'm looking at you, Wolves. :2up: )

I've heard there might be a deal in the offing that could save Southend, might mean a change of ground or developing some of the Roots Hall site; do you know anything about this? Anyway, fingers crossed for the Shrimpers.

I think he turned down a new contract and was a free agent when we signed him - I don't think we took advantage of your situation. I hate it when the vultures circle and pick off the talent from smaller clubs (or try to) for a fraction of players' true values, despite having far more money than the troubled club. (I'm looking at you, Wolves. :2up: )

I've heard there might be a deal in the offing that could save Southend, might mean a change of ground or developing some of the Roots Hall site; do you know anything about this? Anyway, fingers crossed for the Shrimpers.

Yeah basically they have been in the process of building a new 22K seater stadium in the locality.....Sainsburys want the Roots Hall plot for their new mega store hence why they have bailed southend for about £5M so far. Otherwise they would have been long gone.

Yeah basically they have been in the process of building a new 22K seater stadium in the locality.....Sainsburys want the Roots Hall plot for their new mega store hence why they have bailed southend for about £5M so far. Otherwise they would have been long gone.

There's hope then ...?

Fingers crossed for the Shrimpers.

• 3 weeks later...

New season isn't far away, Palace still trying to get in new players without much success. (Lots of midfielders and forwards needed.) Quite a contrast to last season though; at least we can bring in players now.

Considering the fact that we are missing out on targets to other teams at the same level (one went to supposedly-skint Hull, one went on tour with even-more-skint Portsmouth, one joined Norwich and another decided to stay at Barnsley instead of coming to Palace) I reckon it will be mid-table, which is a lot better than League One or having no club at all, either of which looked like very real possibilities last season.

Will be looking out for Southend and Luton too this season.

New season isn't far away, Palace still trying to get in new players without much success. (Lots of midfielders and forwards needed.) Quite a contrast to last season though; at least we can bring in players now.

Considering the fact that we are missing out on targets to other teams at the same level (one went to supposedly-skint Hull, one went on tour with even-more-skint Portsmouth, one joined Norwich and another decided to stay at Barnsley instead of coming to Palace) I reckon it will be mid-table, which is a lot better than League One or having no club at all, either of which looked like very real possibilities last season.

Will be looking out for Southend and Luton too this season.

Talking of which, Im sure I read the other day that Millwall have just bought our keeper.

Another one bites the dust :-((

BTW, do we need a new thread for this season??? :unsure:

New year new thread = over to you mate ;)