Proper Footie 2009/10.for some.

Wotty

Gonna watch the cup final down the pub on Saturday.

Any bets on the score....I reckon

Chelski 6 Pompey 1

I think Portsmouth could sneak an odd-goal win.......or.....they'll get "mullered" !!!!!!!!!

What a fucking 'Stunning' bit of footie prediction that was :whistle:

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chelski 6 Pompey 1

I think Portsmouth could sneak an odd-goal win.......or.....they'll get "mullered" !!!!!!!!!

And your fuckin prediction was ?...Oh,I'm surprised you know the Cup Final's actually on,let alone who's playing in it.... :nyanya:

Chelski 6 Pompey 1

I hope Chelsea win as I don't like Portsmouth, but I won't be watching as I have no interest in it really. To me it's just a bunch of massively overpaid footballers against a bunch massively overpaid prima donnas. I'm more interested in the League One, Two and Conference play offs tbh.

Chelski 6 Pompey 1

And your fuckin prediction was ?...Oh,I'm surprised you know the Cup Final's actually on,let alone who's playing in it.... :nyanya:

Quality. :doh:

I generally don't predict games mate, as you end up looking like a dick. Maybe you should try it someday. ;)

Didn't see it. Charlton lost yesterday. :D (Just hope they don't win the second leg.)

• 3 weeks later...

This time tomorrow it seems Crystal Palace FC will probably be no more. All joking aside, a very sad sad day for football and for all clubs everywhere when this can happen to a team, admittedly never a huge one, but certainly no small fish either and most importantly a very respected one. The rich teams get rich and the poor ones end up like this. There is something very very wrong when a club of Palaces standing ends up on the scrap heap with not an ounce of help from the football league, who kick any team when they are down and when they need the help the most. Every club should be very worried by this, as we certainly aren't going to be the last one it happens to. It's been a rollercoaster ride with Palace, but whatever happens to them, I will support them until I am carried out in a box and the last breath of air has left my body. EAGLES, EAGLES. Over and out. :crying:

This time tomorrow it seems Crystal Palace FC will probably be no more. All joking aside, a very sad sad day for football and for all clubs everywhere when this can happen to a team, admittedly never a huge one, but certainly no small fish either and most importantly a very respected one. The rich teams get rich and the poor ones end up like this. There is something very very wrong when a club of Palaces standing ends up on the scrap heap with not an ounce of help from the football league, who kick any team when they are down and when they need the help the most. Every club should be very worried by this, as we certainly aren't going to be the last one it happens to. It's been a rollercoaster ride with Palace, but whatever happens to them, I will support them until I am carried out in a box and the last breath of air has left my body. EAGLES, EAGLES. Over and out. :crying:

:agree:

I feel exactly the same.

:crying:

:agree:

I feel exactly the same.

:crying:

They ain't gone yet !!!!!!!!!!

Just in case there are any football fans on here today (or anyone who feels sorry for Jez and me) please could you sign this? The aim is to help the new intended Palace owners, who are finding it very difficult to make any contact with the administrators of the ground. If that isn’t resolved by 3pm today, the club disappears. I doubt it will achieve anything, but it can’t hurt I suppose…

The thought of the club going out of business is terrible, if you follow sport imagine the club you follow and really care about simply ceasing to be. It's not right.

Palace petition

Just in case there are any football fans on here today (or anyone who feels sorry for Jez and me) please could you sign this? The aim is to help the new intended Palace owners, who are finding it very difficult to make any contact with the administrators of the ground. If that isn’t resolved by 3pm today, the club disappears. I doubt it will achieve anything, but it can’t hurt I suppose…

The thought of the club going out of business is terrible, if you follow sport imagine the club you follow and really care about simply ceasing to be. It's not right.

Palace petition

missed all this while i was away. Yeah Palace fan or not its a sad day for football and indeed could happen to a number of clubs over the coming months/years.

Southend have only survived because Sainsburys bailed them out for millions because they want the Roots Halls site for their next mega store. Its just waiting to happen though and how long before Sainsburys give up on a 'lost cause'.........??

There are some premiership clubs as well whose fate is looming....and some of them pretty massive. Man Utd anyone??

Palace petition

missed all this while i was away. Yeah Palace fan or not its a sad day for football and indeed could happen to a number of clubs over the coming months/years.

Southend have only survived because Sainsburys bailed them out for millions because they want the Roots Halls site for their next mega store. Its just waiting to happen though and how long before Sainsburys give up on a 'lost cause'.........??

There are some premiership clubs as well whose fate is looming....and some of them pretty massive. Man Utd anyone??

well it looks like you guys survived.

See what happens now.

Palace petition

well it looks like you guys survived.

See what happens now.

I woke up this afternoon and genuinely expected bad news, but it seems like with a couple of hours to spare, the new consortium pulled it off, and deservedly so in my book. Palace are too good a club to lose like this. Hard times are still ahead though, so we're not out of the shit just yet. At least we don't have to sell our players now, so FUCK YOU Neil Warnock and QPR (and the others) who were patrolling like vultures, you ain't getting Darren Ambrose and all the players at knock down prices you were queueing up for. And to Sheff Wednesday, FUCK YOU too expecting to get back in the Championship on the back of out misfortune. You were relegated because you were shit all season, so live with it.

Happy, happy days!!! Saved at the 11th hour. :tumbsup:

What a massive relief, I couldn't get any work done yesterday for worrying about this.

BTW Jez, saw your name on the petition. Nice one, you beat me to it!

:D

Let the fun begin..........Cos it will !!

Just wonder if the consortium is actually going to be able to pay anyone in June??

I few team players commented yesterday that they were committed to the club....however footballers are fickle creatures ; they like cash!

Just wonder if the consortium is actually going to be able to pay anyone in June??

I few team players commented yesterday that they were committed to the club....however footballers are fickle creatures ; they like cash!

I am presuming the consortium is armed and ready with a bit of ca$h. Football clubs cost a lot of money to run on a day to day basis, so if they haven't got any readies, then a bit pointless taking on a club and there will be further problems very quickly if they haven't. I am sure this has all be checked out. They aren't going to be any big spendings I dare say, just a sensible approach initially to get things running properly. A few new players would be good eventually, but at least we have some good players to keep us going for the moment.

They aren't going to be any big spendings I dare say, just a sensible approach initially to get things running properly.

that will be refreshing no doubt after the Jordan years!

The team is OK, but if there are no signings at all, i can see Palace struggling next year. we'll see.

I am presuming the consortium is armed and ready with a bit of ca$h. Football clubs cost a lot of money to run on a day to day basis, so if they haven't got any readies, then a bit pointless taking on a club and there will be further problems very quickly if they haven't. I am sure this has all be checked out. They aren't going to be any big spendings I dare say, just a sensible approach initially to get things running properly. A few new players would be good eventually, but at least we have some good players to keep us going for the moment.

I think you're right, although I wonder if they might fund 2 or 3 signings. The fact that they have told Guilfoyle they will fund the club and to stop any transfers out is a sign of their intention, so maybe they will let the new manager pick up a few players from lower divisions. They will run a tight ship, but I'm guessing they must have some ambition beyond staying afloat and being the Championship. I'd put money on them hoping to sneak into the play offs next season or the season after. We shall see.

palace.gif

I think you're right, although I wonder if they might fund 2 or 3 signings. The fact that they have told Guilfoyle they will fund the club and to stop any transfers out is a sign of their intention, so maybe they will let the new manager pick up a few players from lower divisions. They will run a tight ship, but I'm guessing they must have some ambition beyond staying afloat and being the Championship. I'd put money on them hoping to sneak into the play offs next season or the season after. We shall see.

palace.gif

LOL, i think i'd settle with avoiding relegation next season if I were you ;-))

palace.gif

LOL, i think i'd settle with avoiding relegation next season if I were you ;-))

No reason why they can't do ok next season with the squad they have to be honest. Bar the deductions of points last season, we would have ended up mid/ upper end of the table, so no reason as to why we can't next year. It's gonna be a much closer division next season now that Newcastle and West Brom have gone.

The thing is,the "proposed takeover/buyout" is still just that.....Everything is sorted in "principle" only,that being,the ground and the club.Players,keeping them,and bringing others in,is quite low-down in priority compared to steadying the ship.

Be prepared for a sticky close-season !!!!!!!

I totally agree Wotty and Glen, it could all still go tits up. We could be taken over and still lose players. We may not have a CVA and have 17 points deducted. All I was saying was that if the takeover goes smoothly from here and if they keep the players as they have suggested, presumably they must have some ambition for the club. There are probably 10 similar-sized clubs in the Championship with similar ambition, so it might not lead to anything, but next season, or after a season of consolidation, maybe they will hope for a play off push. To be honest, at the moment I am just glad to have a CPFC, but after all the excitement yesterday it's hard not to think about what might be in the future...