Bret Michaels' movies

I was flipping thru a stack of Metal Edge back issues from the late 90s this past weekend, and noticed that for a while (circa 98-99) they did a lot of coverage/hype about Bret (Poison) Michaels' short lived foray into independent filmmaking. Bret formed a production company with his Hollywood pal Charlie Sheen (imaginatively named Sheen/Michaels Entertainment) during this period, and he wrote and starred in a prison drama called "A Letter From Death Row" then directed his pal Charlie in a cop movie called "No Code of Conduct" before getting back to music full time.

Has anyone ever seen either movie? When these mags were current I remember thinking "Hmm, sounds interesting, I'll keep an eye out for 'em at the video store," but if memory serves I never saw either one of them turn up at my local Blockbuster; nor have I ever seen either one on cable to the best of my knowledge. Were these films so bad that Bret buried them never to be seen again??

Just idle curiosity...

I saw No Code of Conduct on TNT years ago.

It had both Charlie and Martin Sheen if memory serves and I believe it had that other actor that is now the boss of kitchen stadium on Iron Chef America but I could be wrong. From what I remember it was an above average b level movie.

I don't think Letter from Death Row has ever been on TV.

Heck I don't even know if it was ever released on DVD or even VHS back in the day.

I have the soundtrack to Death Row, which is disappointingly rather techno based :s

however, it has an awesome track on it called "I'd Die For You" havent heard it in awhile but i used to love it :tumbsup:

thats all i know :anon:

wait for Geoff or Colin, theyll know :D

I remember at the time of these I was really hopeful of seeing them, but yeah, I never saw any details on the release of either film. Obviously if Wes has seen one it was released, but as for 'A letter from death row', I doubt it ever got a release.

I remember at the time of these I was really hopeful of seeing them, but yeah, I never saw any details on the release of either film. Obviously if Wes has seen one it was released, but as for 'A letter from death row', I doubt it ever got a release.

LFDR definitely got released.

Apparently "Letter From Death Row" videos have become pricey collectibles! Check out the prices for VHS copies!! :yikes:

http://www.amazon.com/s/?url=search-alias%...;tag=imdb-adbox

Of course, after reading some of the reviews of it on IMDB, I doubt anyone would wanna spend that kinda coin on it:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0119521/

"No Code of Conduct" doesn't fare much better with the IMDB crowd...

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0131502/

Wes is right, by the way, the guy who plays the "Chairman's" nephew on "Iron Chef America" does indeed co-star in "No Code." ... wonder if he still lists that one on his resume? :blink:

"No Code of Conduct" must've gotten a wider release than "Death Row," cuz as you can see video copies are plentiful and cheap as hell: http://www.amazon.com/s/?url=search-alias%...;tag=imdb-adbox

• 2 weeks later...

A buddy of mine purchased the LFDR video back in the day. Watched it back then and again about 5 or 6 years later when he showed it to another friend.

To say that I can remember more than 2 or 3 things (not including the ending), especially after 2 viewings, probably means that it was one of the more unremarkable pieces of shlock that exists on celluloid.

>> Apparently "Letter From Death Row" videos have become pricey collectibles! Check out the prices for VHS copies!! :yikes: <<

$649?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! Holy f@#$ ... I think maybe I'll take a little trip up the road and see if Bret and Kristi have any sitting around thatI can scrounge off of them ...

>> Apparently "Letter From Death Row" videos have become pricey collectibles! Check out the prices for VHS copies!! :yikes: <<

$649?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! Holy f@#$ ... I think maybe I'll take a little trip up the road and see if Bret and Kristi have any sitting around thatI can scrounge off of them ...

:)

Yeah, I wonder what storage unit the cases of this stinker are at...