New Megadeth Track!

Fat Freddy

headcrusher.jpg

TODAY only (July 7th), you can download a free MP3 of the track "Headcrusher" from Megadeth's forthcoming album, ENDGAME, from the Roadrunner Records label web site...

Go here: http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/headcrusher/

The MP3 will only be available for 24 hours so jump on it while you can!! I'm listening to the track right now and it sounds killer to me... Chris Broderick and Dave Mustaine in full-on shred mode :banger:

You're welcome. :beerbang:

Now THATS fucking METAL!!!!!!!!!!!!

THATS fucking MEGADETH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:headbanger::banger::headbanger::banger::headbanger:

Nice old-school tune, thanks! :headbanger:

Backed, it doesn't get much more old school than this... love it, a lot! ...but I still miss Poland. :)

Chris was good but do you really need anyone else when there's Dave?

Nice old-school tune, thanks! :headbanger:

Backed, it doesn't get much more old school than this... love it, a lot! ...but I still miss Poland. :)

Chris was good but do you really need anyone else when there's Dave?

Definitely not saying Dave isn't good, because he is, I just liked the combination of the two styles. Poland's very legato in his phrasings, and Mustaine's got some blazing picking speed.

Poland's very legato in his phrasings, and Mustaine's got some blazing picking speed.

Are they any good on guitar though?

• 3 weeks later...

Megadeth has unveiled the cover art for the new album, ENDGAME... the CD comes out in September

mega_endgame.jpg

• 1 month later...

So I've had a copy of this for a couple of weeks now and it's pretty damned good stuff. In truth I've not been overly-excited by any of the recent 'returns to form' of their past couple of discs, as frankly neither of them were anywhere close to this bands thrashier output. Finally we get a spot-on production job and some scathing guitars and a bit of menace from Mustaine, something that we haven't really heard since 1992. In fact, apart from the slightly dull ballad, there's barely a filler on this thing. Best disc since "Countdown...." IMHO and a definite essential disc.

I wonder.. With the title of this album being "Endgame" Is this the final Megadeth album?? :unsure:

Because it would suck if it was.... :crying:

I don't think so! the way the album sounds to me is it's about are freedom

In his interview in METAL HAMMER, Mustaine said he'll do one more album...

I wonder.. With the title of this album being "Endgame" Is this the final Megadeth album?? :unsure:

Yeah but with the way that Mustaine double talks that could mean anything.

I love Dave as a musician and songwriter but damn he's annoying and says so much shit and then goes back on it almost as bad as anyone this side of Scott Ian.

Yeah but with the way that Mustaine double talks that could mean anything.

I love Dave as a musician and songwriter but damn he's annoying and says so much shit and then goes back on it almost as bad as anyone this side of Scott Ian.

True! I read his interview in Terrorizer last night too and he describes "Death Magnetic" as a 'jam' album without proper songs, and says he couldn't ever imagine playing with Metallica again as he needs to play with a drummer who can keep time! He also mentioned that the best Metallica ever sounded was with the guy from Slipknot on drums. You reckon he still has a grudge? :lol:

Btw: this is a seriously KILLER album. After 5 spins I'm still hearing new stuff every time and it finally has that big production a 'Deth album needs.... :beerbang:

So I've had a copy of this for a couple of weeks now and it's pretty damned good stuff. Finally we get a spot-on production job and some scathing guitars and a bit of menace from Mustaine, something that we haven't really heard since 1992. In fact, apart from the slightly dull ballad, there's barely a filler on this thing. Best disc since "Countdown...." IMHO and a definite essential disc.

Good to hear. I haven't heard any full songs (except for "Head Crusher," which I really like), but I checked out the 30 second snippets on Amazon.com and it sounded like a pretty typical Megadeth album, which ain't a bad thing. I'll pick it up.

He said THE SYSTEM HAS FAILED was going to be the "final" Megadeth album back in '04 and we all know how that turned out... :lol:

So the new Deth album came out yesterday. Anyone heard it yet? I am hoping to run out to Wal-Mart near my office and pick it up on my lunch break tomorrow. Nobody tell my wife, OK? She thinks the $$ is going into my gas tank. :gone:

So the new Deth album came out yesterday. Anyone heard it yet? I am hoping to run out to Wal-Mart near my office and pick it up on my lunch break tomorrow. Nobody tell my wife, OK? She thinks the $$ is going into my gas tank. :gone:

Got it this morning mate, but haven't had chance to play it yet. On the list for tomorrow, so will let ya know.

Just pm'd your missus on facebook :D

Bastard! :cussing: She's gonna staple gun my nuts to my forehead when she finds out!!

Bastard! :cussing: She's gonna staple gun my nuts to my forehead when she finds out!!

I thought she already had! :gone: