Steel Panther - 'Feel The Steel'

Steel Panther - 'Feel The Steel'  

20 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Okay, so there's been a lot of nonsense talk about this disc, but not much just about what's on offer. Of the songs on this disc, which is your favourite and which is your least favourite?

Interested in this poll to see if 'Eyes of a panther' rates high amongst people keen to see them sound like everyone else ( ;) ) as I guess that's the most obviously "normal" song, and a kick-ass track at that.

I actually haven't voted because it's hard being familiar with some of the songs already. Granted, I only had the Metal Shop songs a month before this disc, but I played it to death and was therefore already well familiar with 'Fat Girl', 'Stripper Girl', 'Hells on Fire' and also 'Death to all but metal' from the Metal Sludge compilation (thanks to Jay and Howdy for the great hook-ups) which are arguably the best songs off this disc. But I don't know how to compare them with new faves 'Community Property' and 'Asian Hooker'. So for now I'll wait. :)

Anyway, least favourite song off the album for me is 'The Shocker'. I like everything on this CD but if I had to pick a least fave that'd be it.

So what's yours?

Okay, I voted because I want to see the other votes. Here is how I rank the album from fave to least fave:

1. Fat Girl (Thar She Blows)

2. Community Property

3. Stripper Girl

4. Hells on Fire

5. Asian Hooker

6. Death to All But Metal

7. Girl from Oklahoma

8. Eyes of a Panther

9. Turn Out the Lights

10. Eatin' Ain't Cheatin'

11. Party All Day (Fuck All Night)

12. The Shocker

Mate the only nonsense talked about this disc is that 'it's a masterpiece'. That's comedy there, by itself. It's been massively over-hyped IMO, as any retro 80's disc is these days.

Best track is "Fat Girl" - would be a genuinely good tune if it weren't for the hopeless chorus. Also kinda like "Asian Hooker". And the song's pretty good too. :)

Worst track is "Eatin' 'Aint Cheatin'" which is just pure filler.

'Fat Girl' ,'Death To All But Metal' and 'Party All Day' are way ahead the best songs on here, probably because 2 of them are the two biggest parodies on here ;)

Worst - 'Girl From Oklahoma', 'Eatin' Ain't Cheatin' and 'The Shocker' which are all filler filler filler.

Asian Hooker and Community Property are so far the best songs on this its just not true. Both brilliant and a country mile ahead of the rest.

OK, the best is 'Asian Hooker' - classic classic song and a hook the size of mt Everest

Next favs would be Party All Day and Fat Girl.

Worst are 'The Shocker', 'Death To All But Metal'.....I know a lot rate that song but its just TOO crude. Sorry....i skip straight to Asian Hooker which blows it away.

Also I really like Eatin Aint Cheatin....killer solo.

Okay, to address a couple of points:

I sure as sin do not dislike 'The Shocker'. I love all the songs on the disc, but of them all that's the one I like least, melody-wise. And what is 'the shocker'? Is one of the two in the pink a penis and a finger, or is it just 2 fingers? And if so what's so shocking about that? :lol: I still don't understand this one yet. Damn me for being so sweet and innocent.

And Jez, you don't like 'Girl From Oklahoma'? :lol: To each their own, but imo this is the funniest track on the disc. One of the highlights for me. :) The lyrics, his delivery... 'Michael Starr, you motherfucker'. Goddamn I love that song.

I was also interested to see how 'Party All Day (Fuck All Night)' would go. Musically, lyrically and the song title part of the chorus, this song is perfect. The only thing I just really don't like is the 'Hey hey hey' part. I wish they'd just gone with something like this instead:

'Whoah-oh-oh don't be gay,

Fuck all night and party all day'

... Just anything but the 'hey hey hey's.

And Glen, you find 'Death To All But Metal' too crude? Wow mate, I thought that was one of the tamer tracks on the disc. And freakin' hilarious too. Oh well, there you go.

Anyway, thanks for the replies so far. Always interested to see the variety of opinions. :)

• 2 weeks later...

I was torn on my favorite track, but in the end, I had to go with the track I think is the most witty, and clever, the track that you put on for a room full of people, they start rolling their eyes and acting bored, and then the line that grabs them all is belted out, "But my cock is community property" all of the sudden it's not a boring ballad, it's an attention grabbing tool, and extremely catchy, and what better way could he finish it off, "I see your face everytime that I go out and cheat"? Brilliant!

Asian Hooker I think fucking blows!!! I didnt even add it to my Ipod! cause its fucking stupid, and lame!

"The Shocker" is my top choice(I can't believe some are calling it filler???????) but really could of went with almost any track including the excellent "Asian Hooker", "Community Property" or "Fat Girl".

Least fav is "Girl from Oklahoma".

Asian Hooker I think fucking blows!!! I didnt even add it to my Ipod! cause its fucking stupid, and lame!

You are joking of course.

That song rules.

Lets do some Asians..............lets do some hookers!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Song of the year for me.

I went with Girl from Oklahoma as my fave and Eatin aint cheatin as my least fave.

That said, there isnt a bad track on the CD (despite them letting Hawkins near a mic).

I don't understand how u couldn't like, "come on pretty baby suck my balls all night" slurp slurp slurp!!!

WOW, and you guys really spent money on this? All I have to say is nobody should ever make fun of Cannibal Corpse again.

If Cannibal Corpse's singer could sing, and their band could play, nobody would make fun of them! right? This is great unadulterated, hair metal, through and through, u could insert any lyrics and it wouldn't change it! The filthy lyrics just give it a twist!

WOW, and you guys really spent money on this? All I have to say is nobody should ever make fun of Cannibal Corpse again.

If Cannibal Corpse's singer could sing, and their band could play, nobody would make fun of them! right? This is great unadulterated, hair metal, through and through, u could insert any lyrics and it wouldn't change it! The filthy lyrics just give it a twist!

Let's not start a Corpse slam, and yes they can all play.

Fave: "Eyes of a Panther," "Death to All But Metal," and "Turn Out The Lights"

Least fave: "Girl From Oklahoma" (the never-ending chorus of "come on pretty baby suck my balls all night" gets a little tiresome after the fifteenth or so repeat... though the "slurping" sound effects at the end are fuckin hilarous :rofl2:)

Fave: "Eyes of a Panther," "Death to All But Metal," and "Turn Out The Lights"

Least fave: "Girl From Oklahoma" (the never-ending chorus of "come on pretty baby suck my balls all night" gets a little tiresome after the fifteenth or so repeat... though the "slurping" sound effects at the end are fuckin hilarous :rofl2:)

and that fart ..........

Let's not start a Corpse slam, and yes they can all play.

Im not slamming them! I never have, it's like this! I get in moods, about once a month(not cause of that)! but I get on these kicks, where I just have to hear one band, and I usually only listen to them for about 4 days straight, then I goes away, ironically, all last week I was working and Mangled was stuck in my head all fucking day! so of course I came home and jammed Eaten Back To Life, but my problem ive had since 5th grade(the first time I ever heard Death), Death Metal gets very boring to me, they dont have enough variation to keep my attention for long amounts of time, that's all! I enjoy it, but have to be in the right mood for it!

I went with Girl from Oklahoma as my fave and Eatin aint cheatin as my least fave.

That said, there isnt a bad track on the CD (despite them letting Hawkins near a mic).

I don't understand how u couldn't like, "come on pretty baby suck my balls all night" slurp slurp slurp!!!

Nice. Good to finally see some appreciation for one of my personal faves, 'Girl from Oklahoma'. I just think everything about the song is superb. The thing I love most of all is that you know they're sitting back laughing at the fact that they've written this catchy as hell song that has listeners singing along to 'Come on pretty baby suck my balls all night' all over the place. :lol:

Poetry:

I know it tastes infected

But I think it's alright

Oooh, come on pretty baby, suck my balls all night

And yeah, I agree with the Justin Hawkins thing (maybe another reason why I'm not as wild about 'Fuck all night' as others). The thing I hate most is that by including him on a good CD for once they're actually acknowledging that useless piece of shit as a fellow artist. F*cking moron - can't even understand what the stupid piece of disposed foreskin is trying to "sing". F*ck I hate that guy.

Think about how I felt when the fucker came on stage and "sang" (I use that word in the widest sense possible) with them.

Not only did he do Party all day, but then did I believe in a thing called love.

Why couldnt they have at least covered someone elses song instead of playing one of his own turds?

Think about how I felt when the fucker came on stage and "sang" (I use that word in the widest sense possible) with them.

Not only did he do Party all day, but then did I believe in a thing called love.

Why couldnt they have at least covered someone elses song instead of playing one of his own turds?

wanker...and i agree he sounds shit on that 'party all day' song....almost cant hear what the fuck he's on about. Should have left him stage left.

wanker...and i agree he sounds shit on that 'party all day' song....almost cant hear what the fuck he's on about. Should have left him stage left.

Or in rehab... or back in his home town locked in his parent's cellar, muted for eternity.

• 3 weeks later...

I think if they had included 'I Want Your Tits'....that would have been my fav. Awesome tune.

[i want to see you naked..............solo :headbanger: ].

• 1 month later...
And Glen, you find 'Death To All But Metal' too crude? Wow mate, I thought that was one of the tamer tracks on the disc. And freakin' hilarious too. Oh well, there you go.

One of my favs now...the way that track starts out is just killer. That riff. wow.