Renaissance Records - Upcoming Release

Jez

Some splendid news from the land of Renaissance records and some upcoming re-issue treats in August.

Tane Cain - S/T

The fantastic Tane Cain album for the first time ever on cd. Fantastic album in the Pat Benatar mode and a must have for all AOR fans. Schon and Cain are on it, along with the brilliant Tim Pierce and Bellfield/Baird rhythm section. Already featured on the site, but another that slipped under the radar for cd only releases.

tanecain.jpg

Shanghai - S/T

Another first for cd and the one and only Shanghai album from 1982. The reformed version of the excellent Spider that featured Holly Knight, now featuring Airborne's Beau Hill,Amanda Blue and Anton Fig. Excellent Pop/Rock ala Spider, Face To Face, David Pack and Pat Benatar. Really very nice to see this appearing on CD .

shanghai.jpg

Also lined up

Snail - S/T/ Flow 2on1

Wild Blue - No More Jinx

Red 7 - S/T

Clocks - S/T

Widow - Gone Too Far/Rockit 2on1

Network - S/T (1979)

And for anyone not yet owning it, The Must Have....

Wrabit - Tracks

Renaissance is still around? Who knew... haven't they folded several times over the years? Or just defunct for long periods?

-Dan

Going from strength to strength it seems, plus a major point is that all their Discs are back to being silver pressed again after some bad re-issues a few years back.

lets see if these releases actually make it out.

All of their releases this year (about 25 or so) have been bang on time, the newest being Wrabit 'Tracks' last week, so I see no reason as to why not.

Renaissance is still around? Who knew... haven't they folded several times over the years? Or just defunct for long periods?

-Dan

Going from strength to strength it seems, plus a major point is that all their Discs are back to being silver pressed again after some bad re-issues a few years back.

Yeah!

I also heard they were bootleggin'

FUCK!

They reissued THE ROCKETS? :guitbannana:

It better be silver pressed or there will be one pissed off Junky.

Hey Jez, what does Wild Blue sound like (who are they comparable to).

Does Renaissance Records have a website to buy from.

Wild Blue is female fronted Pop Rock, featuring Gene Black of Device on guitars, Hi-tech, Very 80's sounding, a little like the brilliant Device album but not as good - quite a nice disc to have though.

Heres a taster.

http://www.aor-fm.com/albums/2650/firetofire.mp3

Here's the website - not sure if you can buy stuff from there though. All the titles are easy to order from Amazon etc though.

http://www.cdthen.net/renaissancehome.html

• 2 weeks later...
FUCK!

They reissued THE ROCKETS? :guitbannana:

It better be silver pressed or there will be one pissed off Junky.

I'm sorry I wasted my money on that one. The sound is flat, over-filtered and clipped. It has all the telltale signs of being from a vinyl source.

My own vinyl rips of those two albums sound much better. I'll keep listening to those.

• 4 weeks later...

Looking forward to the Tane Cain release, I still have the album on vinyl, some great songs on this one! :tumbsup:

• 1 month later...

I've just come across this website where you can but the Renaissance releases from as well as lots of other classic rock re-issues. It seems all CD's sell for $12.98 each. There's lots of great titles but I'm a bit nervous about buying as I've heard that many of the older re-issues on this label are poor. I have no way of knowing which are the old poor quality re-issues and which are the new ones.

I've just come across this website where you can but the Renaissance releases from as well as lots of other classic rock re-issues. It seems all CD's sell for $12.98 each. There's lots of great titles but I'm a bit nervous about buying as I've heard that many of the older re-issues on this label are poor. I have no way of knowing which are the old poor quality re-issues and which are the new ones.

Most of the Renaissance stuff I have are all pretty good and definitely no worse than some re-issue labels (that shall remain nameless) that are releasing stuff at the moment. A few odd ones that weren't great (The Charlie stuff for example), but otherwise, perfectly acceptable to my ears and definitely better than nothing at all.

Renaissance have an ebay store which I found is the best place to get there stuff from.

Most of the Renaissance stuff I have are all pretty good and definitely no worse than some re-issue labels (that shall remain nameless) that are releasing stuff at the moment. A few odd ones that weren't great (The Charlie stuff for example), but otherwise, perfectly acceptable to my ears and definitely better than nothing at all.

Renaissance have an ebay store which I found is the best place to get there stuff from.

Do you know if the City Boy re-issues are any good?

Ordered the Tane Cain, no sign yet, when was/is it supposed to be released?

If you ordered it from Simon at Destiny, he had a batch go missing in the mail, so is expecting more in this week.

WOW!

Just checked their website. They're going to release THE DIXON HOUSE BAND album :tumbsup:

Good Stuff!!! :beerbang:

Good disc it certainly is - that's the next one on the list.

Ordered the Tane Cain, no sign yet, when was/is it supposed to be released?

If you ordered it from Simon at Destiny, he had a batch go missing in the mail, so is expecting more in this week.

Yes from Destiny, I`ll have to wait then, cheers :tumbsup: