Wife / Girlfriend + Metal / Collecting

Dudes, I don't know if this thread has been posted before but:

I thought it could be might interesting what's your thoughts on it:

I think there are some peoples here having wives/girlfriends. Did they like your (our) music and what are their thoughts about your (our) passion to collect cds / vinyl (for Sharatan ;)) ? My wife listen to some melodic stuff like Bon Jovi, Nickelback, Gotthard, Savatage,... but she's not really into my music. She's a really cool lady and let me do what I want, haha!!! She also accept my passion for cd collecting, but drivin me sometimes mad with words like "...how much did you paid for this and that..." :axe: . I must say that I am also a cool guy and never play my music through the speakers if she's at home (my headphones glowing all days :whistle: ). So it's always partytime if she's not at home :bananamac:

So guys, how do you on the board deal with this situation? Has it caused friction in relationships? Has it been a case of "it's either me or the Metal"? Has listening to Metal been blamed for bad moods? Or do you just get ridiculed for listening to it? ?"

Opinions and anecdotes would be appreciated too :lol:

:)

Excellent topic and yes I get flak regularly about my collecting and taste in music.

Most recent comment, " Do you need floor to ceiling cd's?"

My wife tolerates the cd's at best, allows for some spending from time to time, but would have the cd's sold of in a nano second if she could.

I love my wife dearly and I will admit that I love a good CD hunt almost as much, if not more, than actually having them, but it is the one thing that makes me me, you know. Music has been an amazing attribute in my life, it has always been there through thick and thin and has never talked back, smacked me, etc...

My wife is a country "music" girl, but I do sneak in some aor from time to time. Otherwise it is always played with headphones or in the car commuting.

My wife tolerates the cd's at best, allows for some spending from time to time, but would have the cd's sold of in a nano second if she could.

:lol:

Music has been an amazing attribute in my life, it has always been there through thick and thin and has never talked back, smacked me, etc...

Terry, that's the same for me since 1979 and I am sure what I would do if my wife would say "me or metal" (btw, she never would say this :) ) - I decided for Metal, even if I love hear from the bottom of my heart...

• 2 weeks later...
Most recent comment, " Do you need floor to ceiling cd's?"

Some responses...

Do you need a wardrobe full of shoes and dresses that you never wear?

You wanted a $20,000 wedding, I wanted $20,000 worth of cds. We both got what we wanted.

For the most part my wife likes most of the stuff I have except for Scandi and Death metal for some strange reason. I guess I'm a CDaholic I still sneak them into my collection without her knowing so I don't have to hear the imfamous "Jesus Christ did you order another CD".

My wife is my age (late 30's) so she went to high school in the metal hey day like me. She likes the basic metal bands that were popular back then, especially the bands that targeted chicks back then like White Lion, Winger, etc. But she really gets pissed whenever I spend any significant amount of money on CDs (which is really easy to do). Anything other than the mainstream hair metal bands she knows of is crap to her. We have been married for 15 years so she has learned to put up with my collecting, but if it were up to her, she would sell them all off for pennies on the dollar just to get rid of them. I've told her if I ever croak before she does to not just go hock them cuz a LOT of CDs I have are worth a good chunk of change.

Jo tolerates me and my cd's (Well my cd's anyways). She doesn't really see why I need so many, and doesn't understand my passion, but she let's me get on with it. Occasionally I get a reminder to tighten the purse strings, as I really don't monitor what I spend all the time and can get carried away with a few pounds here and there. Now that I have given up smoking, plus gig money, gives me more to spend on cd's than I had before , and I don't buy a hell of a lot else, except beer to be honest. Other than that, she is great and even plays one or two discs occasionally. She thinks Poison are utter shit aswell, so I am doing something right ;)

she is great and even plays one or two discs occasionally. ;)

JEZ!

You are a gentleman. :angel:

If my wife wants to hear something, I'll either play it for her or make a copy. She is forbidden to even look at them.

Well considering the picture you posted on what she does to them you have every right.

• 2 weeks later...
she is great and even plays one or two discs occasionally. ;)

JEZ!

You are a gentleman. :angel:

If my wife wants to hear something, I'll either play it for her or make a copy. She is forbidden to even look at them.

Well considering the picture you posted on what she does to them you have every right.

Yeah!

She doesn't follow the same passion as I do :crying:

• 2023 Gold Donors

My wife gives me shit about my cd collection (now between 6000 - 7000). Whenever I come home with some more, she just looks at me and says do really need more. I look back at her and say did you really need that pair of shoes and purse that you just bought. She has her hobbies and I have mine. I encourage her to buy some new shoes now.

My wife gives me shit about my cd collection (now between 6000 - 7000). Whenever I come home with some more, she just looks at and do really need more. I just look at her and say did you really need that pair of shoes and purse that you just bought. She has her hobbies and I have mine. I encourage her to buy some new shoes now.

do you have a list of yer collection?i'd love to see it..... :headbanger:

My wife likes alot of my stuff and has gone to plenty of concerts with me,so she sort of understands my addiction.I still get"Why do you need so many cds?"

She doesn't give me too much grief about it unless i blow the budget on my addiction. ;)

it happened and this. i was expecting a parcel from a japo buddy of mine in okinawa. i emailed him half an hour ago, asking for the reg.number. he responded immidiately and then i used the IPS to find out that my wife signed for it on 24th of june and it was already on the pile of the unopened parcels i have here..... :lol:

For the most part my wife likes most of the stuff I have except for Scandi and Death metal for some strange reason. I guess I'm a CDaholic I still sneak them into my collection without her knowing so I don't have to hear the imfamous "Jesus Christ did you order another CD".

Well...it was like that with my ex-wife... (Jesus Christ! Did you.....and sneaking stuff into my collection).

Well...it was like that with my ex-wife... (Jesus Christ! Did you.....and sneaking stuff into my collection).

You just can't win, even with separate bank accounts I still have to hear about it. She sometimes bribes me to do things for CD's and my ears perk up like a dog.