JSS & Journey

66 mustang

so I at long last I got to hear a concert of Journey and Soto together and I must say that they did the right thing "parting ways". I would have loved to hear them do new stuff together, I think JSS would brought a really kick in the pants to the band but JSS on the old material just didn't sit too well with me. maybe it was a poor show or something but I didn't really care for it.

I saw them at Manchester with JSS and was totally unconvinced. I much preffered Augeri the year before (even if there was supposed vocal tapes :lol:). I'm not a huge fan of JSS at any rate ...so maybe I'm biased but it just didn't work for me at all.

Saw them when Augeri first joined and loved them. Wish I could have seen them with Jeff, because I love his music. I know/knew he would never be able to hit the high notes like Perry of Arnell or even Augeri. But thought he would bring a fresh New sound to Journey. Kind like a moving on to a new sound. Maybe it would have worked, maybe not. But they screwed him so we will never know. ;)

If you wanted JSS & Journey....then hold out for W.E.T.

A few amazing Journey/Perry moments on this album. Preview soon...

Andrew,

Have you heard the complete album? Man I am dying to hear this.....I labelled this earlier in the year as a potential album of the year in the MHR stakes.

As regards JSS and Journey........never sat completely right for me either. I Love JSS and think he has a brilliant stage presence but something just didnt click. Pineda is a better fit for them IMO.

Plus from a purely selfish view point I want to hear JSS creating his own music. 'Beautiful Mess' was brilliant for me. & now this W.E.T. collaberation could and should be even better!

Cheers

Andrew,

Have you heard the complete album? Man I am dying to hear this.....I labelled this earlier in the year as a potential album of the year in the MHR stakes.

As regards JSS and Journey........never sat completely right for me either. I Love JSS and think he has a brilliant stage presence but something just didnt click. Pineda is a better fit for them IMO.

Plus from a purely selfish view point I want to hear JSS creating his own music. 'Beautiful Mess' was brilliant for me. & now this W.E.T. collaberation could and should be even better!

Cheers

Whos in W.E.T?

Andrew,

Cheers

Whos in W.E.T?

I believe its a collaberation between JSS (obviously on vocals) and the Work Of Art guys.

I thought JSS was vocally excellent when I saw Journey at the NIA, his range on the Journey songs was very good, a different style but still very good.

Andrew,

Cheers

Whos in W.E.T?

I believe its a collaberation between JSS (obviously on vocals) and the Work Of Art guys.

So the guy who couldnt make it in Journey, with the guys who wish they were Toto.. but arnt.

Hmm.

Andrew,

Cheers

Yes, have full album here and you'll hear a preview next week at MR.com and a full track on the new MRCD compilation.

The music and lyrics are all JSS co-writes with Robert Sall from Work Of Art and Erik from Eclipse, with the Eclipse guys performing the music and Erik producing.

Sounds like the latest Eclipse album meets Eyes meets Journey. JSS sounds a lot different on this album and there is a ton of AOR on it but all done with the balls of Eclipse.

The last track though is one of the most Journey-esque tracks I have EVER heard outside of Journey performing themselves. And JSS does his very best Perry vocal....amazing...

Stunning album - balls, hooks and choruses...

Andrew,

Cheers

Yes, have full album here and you'll hear a preview next week at MR.com and a full track on the new MRCD compilation.

The music and lyrics are all JSS co-writes with Robert Sall from Work Of Art and Erik from Eclipse, with the Eclipse guys performing the music and Erik producing.

Sounds like the latest Eclipse album meets Eyes meets Journey. JSS sounds a lot different on this album and there is a ton of AOR on it but all done with the balls of Eclipse.

The last track though is one of the most Journey-esque tracks I have EVER heard outside of Journey performing themselves. And JSS does his very best Perry vocal....amazing...

Wow, that sounds just perfect to me. Cant wait for this!

Looking forward to the preview.........Cheers

Andrew,

Cheers

Wow, that sounds just perfect to me. Cant wait for this!

Looking forward to the preview.........Cheers

THIS I am ready for...