Ebay issue - what would you do?

Ive just got 5 cds from a seller off ebay.. who described them as "in great condition". Far from great, id describe them as "poor" at best. All cd's are covered with surface marks and scratches looking like theyve never seen a cd case and have just sat face down on a table. I put one in and the first track jumped everywhere...

so what would you do?

Ive just got 5 cds from a seller off ebay.. who described them as "in great condition". Far from great, id describe them as "poor" at best. All cd's are covered with surface marks and scratches looking like theyve never seen a cd case and have just sat face down on a table. I put one in and the first track jumped everywhere...

so what would you do?

Yeah I saw that guy selling the job-lot of Kylie Minogue CD's too, glad I didn't bid now...

so what would you do?

Yeah I saw that guy selling the job-lot of Kylie Minogue CD's too, glad I didn't bid now...

Helpful.

Contact the seller and see if he'll take them back. If not, file a claim. Take pics of the CD's from the right angle, and you may be able to get all the scratches in the photo.

Also remember, opinions on quality can sometimes be subjective. There's plenty of "prefectionists" out there that can see the smallest flaw where the regular person could easily overlook it.

Personally, MINT is MINT to me just as NEW is NEW, but when you get into the Good/Very Good/Fair areas, that's where the opinions will differ most

so what would you do?

Helpful.

My pleasure.

I'd also say that you should definitely take T-Bone's advice on this one.

Contact the seller and see if he'll take them back. If not, file a claim. Take pics of the CD's from the right angle, and you may be able to get all the scratches in the photo.

Also remember, opinions on quality can sometimes be subjective. There's plenty of "prefectionists" out there that can see the smallest flaw where the regular person could easily overlook it.

Personally, MINT is MINT to me just as NEW is NEW, but when you get into the Good/Very Good/Fair areas, that's where the opinions will differ most

Yeh i can see where the grey area for condition can be, however when someone describes this as "great" and these turn up looking like theyve sat on the floor for 15 years and been walked on and rubbed and scratched on everything.. i wouldnt call it great :).

Yeh i can see where the grey area for condition can be, however when someone describes this as "great" and these turn up looking like theyve sat on the floor for 15 years and been walked on and rubbed and scratched on everything.. i wouldnt call it great :).

I think the main issue is that at least one of the CDs skips, which essentially means you have been sold faulty goods.

Unless the auction stated the discs might skip, then I'd say you have a reasonable case.

Contact the guy first and see what he says, if he is a good trader, he should refund if you return them.

People get confused sometimes with the words Great when it should be good at best. Then you got the case where if the cd is played in a computor it doesnt skip and it does in a stereo. If the person gives you any slack at all just file a Paypal claim.

On the flipside I got a buyer today that bought a new sealed bottle of perfume(High end 100.00) and claims it was new and sealed but the perfume is not what it was suppose to be per color & smell. Having done 7000+ sales on ebay I can always pretty much tell by the wording of email if its legite or not. I suspect this is not. Anyway the point to be made is that no matter what I have to refund the money as this seller needs to do for you. He should also refund your shipping back even though he is not required to.

Thanks guys.

The seller got back to me. He is really confused as the cd's were in great condition when he sent them. Apparently on their journey to me they found a time machine and used it to get 15 years of excessive wear and tear. however he said i could send them back and ill get a refund -YEH RIGHT! that would mean id spend even more money sending them to him, and then id never hear from him again.

I got a CD through the post this morning that I won on eBay, and it was in lovely condition.

IMG-9.jpg

I have emailed the guy to see whether he will do anything.

At the very least, he will hopefully help me claim from post office!

I will say though, the disc itself didnt have any marks or scratches, so the marks on that scan are probably from the scanner plate that may need cleaning of finger prints!

Heres one of the 5 discs... i must say it was really hard taking the pic to show how bad it is! But hopefully this is enough evidence... the other discs are all similar...

http://img13.imageshack.us/my.php?image=wh...rtsouvenirs.jpg

:yikes:

I got a CD through the post this morning that I won on eBay, and it was in lovely condition.

IMG-9.jpg

I have emailed the guy to see whether he will do anything.

At the very least, he will hopefully help me claim from post office!

ouch.

what was it?

Heres one of the 5 discs... i must say it was really hard taking the pic to show how bad it is! But hopefully this is enough evidence... the other discs are all similar...

http://img13.imageshack.us/my.php?image=wh...rtsouvenirs.jpg

don't bother for $1-$2 for some coasters....you could make some nice 320k mp3s and then wear your pink bunny slippers and follow the way to the dustbin..... :christmas:

if filing a paypal claim I would file 'non receipt', cos to claim 'not as described' is quite difficult I hear.

after-all it was 'non receipt'.

you purchased a bunch of cds in great condition. have you received these? No... therefore non-receipt.

eventhough you did recevie antoher package from that seller, there items are obviously from non-related to the transaction above as there are no cds that you ordered in that package....

if filing a paypal claim I would file 'non receipt', cos to claim 'not as described' is quite difficult I hear.

you purchased a bunch of cds in great condition. have you received these? No... therefore non-receipt.

eventhough you did recevie antoher package from that seller, there items are obviously from non-related to the transaction above as there are no cds that you ordered in that package....

:agree:

That's what I do whenever I receive something that's not what it's supposed to be or not in the condition it's described to be in.

:agree:

That's what I do whenever I receive something that's not what it's supposed to be or not in the condition it's described to be in.

too late now :(

what the helll??!??!

"After careful review, we have determined that you are eligible for a refund. To qualify for this refund, please send the items whose claims were granted back to the seller in their original condition and keep your tracking information. You are responsible for postage and packing costs."

Im responsible for even more costs sending them back to him?! and then im not guarunteed ill get my money, cos that dude will say he never received them!