Warrant v. Winger

Warrant v. Winger  

43 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

2 bands that for various reasons didn't/don't get a lot of respect for the most part....

2 bands that for various reasons didn't/don't get a lot of respect for the most part....

Maybe it's because they both sucked ass? :whistle::anon::whistle:

Winger all the way, although the choice for 2006 was painful, as both were complete crap. I could never stand Warrant and always thought (and still do) that they were a shockingly terrible band to be honest.

Winger over DRFSR but I love that disc too.

Cherry Pie over ITHOTY but I love that one too.

Dog Eat Dog over Pull but that might be the toughest poll choice ever!!!!!

I never cared for the Warrant live disc much so I voted Winger even though I haven't heard it.

As much as I like Winger IV I voted for Warrant's Born Again which I thought was a great hard rock disc even though it didn't have Jani.

I personally went with:

Winger - S/T

Winger - In the Heart of the Young

Warrant - Dog Eat Dog (Pull is my favorite Winger release, but Dog Eat Dog is just a fucking MONSTER, and I could not NOT pick it! :P )

Warrant - Live

Warrant - Born Again

Wow, for as much as I like Warrant I picked Winger for the first two albums. Dog Eat Dog kicks soooo much ass that that was no contest as I've never been a fan of Pull (let the beatings commence). Chose the live Warrant album and Born Again to close things out.

I've never been a fan of Pull (let the beatings commence)

:hammer:

Never was a fan of either of these bands. But I voted Warrant on all of 'em. Always considered Winger bumble-gum rock. :whistle:

Winger all the way, although the choice for 2006 was painful, as both were complete crap. I could never stand Warrant and always thought (and still do) that they were a shockingly terrible band to be honest.

Backed. Neither band ever got much respect, and neither band really ever deserved it IMO, there's barely a decent musician between them. The only truly great disc on this list is "Dog Eat Dog" which edged-out the equally strong "Pull", but Winger won the other contests for me even though (outside of "Pull") they only ever wrote about 4 or 5 good songs. The 2006 efforts were both horrible.

Never was a fan of either of these bands. But I voted Warrant on all of 'em. Always considered Winger bumble-gum rock. :whistle:

She's My Cherry Pie.......is that not bubble gum rock?

Yep - both bands were really up until "Dog Eat Dog" and "Pull"...

Everybody judges Warrant off that one dumbass song. Sorry but their discography crushes the Kipster's. I believe Winger only got a record deal because of the looks of the Kipster. The ladies loved him. Their music blew goats.

Everybody judges Warrant off that one dumbass song. Sorry but their discography crushes the Kipster's. I believe Winger only got a record deal because of the looks of the Kipster. The ladies loved him. Their music blew goats.

I don't disagree. But were the first 2 Warrant albums any different? Both throwaway garbage, and the songwriting was a joke - that "Cherry Pie" album is fucking rubbish from beginning to end.

I don't disagree. But were the first 2 Warrant albums any different? Both throwaway garbage, and the songwriting was a joke - that "Cherry Pie" album is fucking rubbish from beginning to end.

A lot of the tunes on the first two Warrant's blow goats too. But I at least could listen to those albums without barfing. I hated Winger immediately.

I did like "Mr. Rainmaker" off "Cherry Pie".

Love Warrant, was actually at the show in Kansas City at Sandstone when they shot the live footage for the video of Heaven. Saw them there again later in the year. They killed!!! I picked Warrant across the board.

Winger was one of those bands back in the day (and still today I guess) that you would never really admit liking (but when alone in your car you would crank with the windows up). More like a guilty pleasure. It seemed Winger was always the hard rock band only chicks liked (along with White Lion). But I have to admit, I've belted out Seventeen in the privacy of my own home a time or two :P

I had a Warrant mix cd playing in the car a while back when I picked the kids up from daycare and "Cherry Pie" was playing. That night my four year old son is running around the house singing "Eat My Cherry Pie!" at the top of his lungs. I laughed my ass off but my wife didn't think it was too funny.

I had a Warrant mix cd playing in the car a while back when I picked the kids up from daycare and "Cherry Pie" was playing. That night my four year old son is running around the house singing "Eat My Cherry Pie!" at the top of his lungs. I laughed my ass off but my wife didn't think it was too funny.

Your my hero :headbanger:

I've corrupted my kids too :tumbsup:

:rofl2:

All of the albums mentioned in the other posts rocked big time. Not liking Winger is a matter of opinion...either way, they are better musicians than the members of Warrant. That really can't be argued...

I went Winger across the board but thats because I hate Warrant except "Uncle Ton's Cabin" which kicks ass.

These are two bands that IMO you only need the "Best Of" releases....

Both have some great tracks but alot more average ones.

Warrant faves would be Uncle Tom's Cabin, Downboys, Sometimes She Cries and Heaven.

Winger faves would be Miles Away, Madalaine, Headed For A Heartbreak and Can't Get Enough.

Like em' both but certainly don't love em'