Warrant v. Winger

Warrant v. Winger  

43 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• 2023 Gold Donors

I actually love both bands. Here's what I voted for.

Winger - S/T - I loved both of these albums. For some reason "Time to Surrender" is one of my favs off of this album.

Winger - In the Heart of the Young - "Rainbow in the Rose" and "Under One Condition" are two that I like off of here. Off of Warrants, I really liked "Mr. Rainmaker" and "Blind Faith"

Winger - Pull - It seems a lot of you loved Dog Eat Dog over this one. I just seemed to like the material better on Pull.

Warrant - 86-97 Live - This one had a better selection of the songs that I liked than Wingers did.

Warrant - Born Again - I'm not a major fan of either of these really but if I had to choose, I'd go with this one.

1. Both good, solid debuts, but "DRFSR" gets the edge.

2. Two fantastic sophomore efforts but "Cherry Pie" got my vote, despite "ITHOTY" containing one of my all-time favorite power ballads ("Miles Away").

3. Two more top-notch choices, but "Pull" is more consistent, so I gave it the vote over "Dog Eat Dog." Love 'em both, though.

4. I despise live discs, but Winger did it better.

5. "Born Again" was good, nothing more, but "IV" sucked so bad that "Born Again" wins by default.

Even though I picked Warrant acrossed the board....

I've always thought that Reb Beach (Winger) is one of the most talented guitarists to come out of that era. I don't know why people "rip" on them so much.... but that's okay, it's all a matter of opinion I guess.

Man these polls bring out the clowns out. The dance and jazz forums are over there -------------->

For people, who actually appreciate excellent melodic hard rock, which is what I thought was going on at this forum, here are my choices: ;)

Two excellent bands, but it was Warrant all the way for me:

Dirty Rotten Filthy Stinking Rich ; Winger's debut is great, but better songs here, imo, and more of them.

Cherry Pie ; again, 'ITHOTY' is great, but this kills it. Completely and thoroughly. Too many killer tunes to note.

Dog Eat Dog ; when I saw this poll, before I opened it, I dreaded this decision. It is a clear choice - 'Dog eat dog', because that disc is flawless... but man it hurts to pick against the brilliant 'Pull'.

86-97 Live ; this is pretty crap to be honest, but I've never heard the Winger one.

Born Again ; I was not really a fan of this one either, but it is so much better than 'IV' that even my scrotum wanted to throw in an extra vote for it.

Man these polls bring out the clowns out. The dance and jazz forums are over there -------------->

For people, who actually appreciate excellent melodic hard rock, which is what I thought was going on at this forum, here are my choices: ;)

Two excellent bands, but it was Warrant all the way for me:

Dirty Rotten Filthy Stinking Rich ; Winger's debut is great, but better songs here, imo, and more of them.

Cherry Pie ; again, 'ITHOTY' is great, but this kills it. Completely and thoroughly. Too many killer tunes to note.

Dog Eat Dog ; when I saw this poll, before I opened it, I dreaded this decision. It is a clear choice - 'Dog eat dog', because that disc is flawless... but man it hurts to pick against the brilliant 'Pull'.

86-97 Live ; this is pretty crap to be honest, but I've never heard the Winger one.

Born Again ; I was not really a fan of this one either, but it is so much better than 'IV' that even my scrotum wanted to throw in an extra vote for it.

I agree so you must be right this time....

I don't hate Winger. I do love "Miles Away". That's a pretty good tune. I think Reb is a good guitarist and really enjoyed his time in Dokken. "Erase The Slate" was an awesome disc.

I've never been a fan of Pull (let the beatings commence)

:hammer:

Never was a fan of either of these bands. But I voted Warrant on all of 'em. Always considered Winger bumble-gum rock. :whistle:

Agree 100% Rob... Although the first couple times I saw Warrant live (before the release of DRFSR) they were great. I think I even picked up that releasethe first day it came out based on the live shows. It is actually the only release by either band that I slip in the player every now and then.

Rob...Did you see any of Warrant's shows at Hammerjacks prior to the release of the debut?

Never was a fan of either of these bands. But I voted Warrant on all of 'em. Always considered Winger bumble-gum rock. :whistle:

Agree 100% Rob... Although the first couple times I saw Warrant live (before the release of DRFSR) they were great. I think I even picked up that releasethe first day it came out based on the live shows. It is actually the only release by either band that I slip in the player every now and then.

Rob...Did you see any of Warrant's shows at Hammerjacks prior to the release of the debut?

I saw them one time and was like "Who the f&ck is Warrant?". They were pretty good too. Was a little disappointed in DRFSR. Live they were much better.

Good poll as these two are two of my favourites.

I had to go with Warrant's first release but it was a tough decision - VERY tough. On another day I'd change that.

Warrant's second was better than Winger's second.

Pull was better than Dog Eat Dog as the latter drags on a bit.

The live album by Warrant is awful I never listen to it and downloaded a bootleg instead as well as some youtube videos.

The live album by Winger is superb and I highly recommend it.

Born Again is miles better than Winger !V but the latter has its moments.

Love both these bands, but have always been more of a Warrant fan, so for the most part it was easy choices.

DRFSR gets the nod as it just has more songs on it that I love!

Cherry Pie is one of my all time fave albums of the genre, so once again, easy!

Dog eat dog edges Pull, but this was a tough one as Pull is my fave Winger album, but DED just has that extra something.

Warrant live was an easy choice as a) its one of the only live albums I like B) I have never heard the Winger one

IV gets the nod here as it at least hooked some songs in my head, where as I still cant say the same of Born again.....plus, I really have a hard time calling that one a Warrant album!

I saw them one time and was like "Who the f&ck is Warrant?". They were pretty good too. Was a little disappointed in DRFSR. Live they were much better.

Hey Rob and LVKix

Heard mention of Hammerjack's from the two of you. Either of you see Circle of Soul play there on May 18 ,1991? One of my fave bands. I picked up what was supposedly a live demo of 3 songs from that show but it turned out to be a 3 song advance cassette of their Hands of Faith album advertising their Hammerjacks gig. Oh well.

My choices:

Winger - S/T, though i also like DRFSR.

Warrant - Cherry Pie as it has more standouts, though "Easy Come Easy Go" off ITHOTY is one of my favourite Winger tracks.

Warrant - Dog Eat Dog, though I might have picked Pull on another day. Both exceptional albums!

Winger as I haven't heard Warrant's live album.

Warrant - Born Again as it has better songs than IV, but both albums were disappointing.

Tuff poll, Winger took the first album on the sheer fact it has Without The Night! Cherry Pie, took the second poll, I don't think you people have heard Pull, how could u possibly vote Dog Eat Dog over Pull? Dog Eat Dog was garbage?

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...