Zinnatra

Leykis101

Are these guys good? I'm looking for a band I haven't heard, something along the lines of Cassanova, Hittman, Treat, that kind of stuff, care to throw any names my way?

Are these guys good? I'm looking for a band I haven't heard, something along the lines of Cassanova, Hittman, Treat, that kind of stuff, care to throw any names my way?

You've got great tastes there......my kind of music!!! Zinatra is closer to Treat than Casanova. Here are some great bands I'd look into along the lines you mention:

Demon Drive

Mad Max

Fate

China

Transit

Subway

Emergency

Fair Warning

This is a pretty good start because these bands have some pretty nice size catalogs....they are not what you'd call 1 hit wonders or just 2 releases and gone........

I'm sure everyone else can contribute a ton of bands that would make a mole hill out of what I just suggested, but, this is a good start...

Happy listening

Delbert

Zinatra were pretty good. Their 1st disc was so so, second was really excellent.

Also recommended to start.

1st Avenue

Robby Valentine's solo stuff (especially his first 4 discs),

Dalton

Da Vinci

Glory

H.E.A.T

Talk Of The Town

Yeah, I think Delbert and Jez pretty much covered all I'd recommend here too. As for Zinatra, 'The Great Escape' is brilliant - the debut is absolute shit. Avoid like hell... but 'The Great Escape' is essential.

Zinatra The Great Escape is a killer disc, Robby Valentine sounds almost like Freddy Mercury, good stuff highly recommended.

I always thought Mozarts singer bared an eriee resemblance to Freddie Mercury!

Their second album, "The Great Escape" is AOR/melodic rock at its finest. Definately worth checking out if you can find it...

Yeah, I don't know, Dan. The man loves Blue Tears' debut. And Cauterize, which shows he has a general excellent taste in music. ;)

I'm bored so I'm going to play around for a while. Of the bands listed, imo these releases are essential:

Demon Drive - Own 'Burn Rubber'.

Mad Max - 'White Sands' is great, of their recent material. 'Night of passion' is great too. Haven't heard 'Stormchild' but I hear that's good. The rest kind of suck.

Fate - 'Matter of Attitude', 'Scratch n' sniff' and 'Cruisin' for a Bruisin' are all musts.

China - The s/t debut and the excellent 'Sign in the sky' are essential. Great band.

Transit - 'Dirty Pleasures' is the best album from these guys. Maybe a little inconsistent overall, but cool

band.

Subway - 'Taste the difference' is amazing, and pretty much all you need to know from these guys.

Emergency - 'Boys Will Be Boys' is a great disc. Their only. Unless we speak of the Dutch band, who were, imo, no good.

Fair Warning - Not a fan of these guys, but I guess 'Go' is their best album. Go with Frontline instead.

1st Avenue - 'Tears and Triumph' is pure gold. A must. 'Daily battle' is good but not great.

Robby Valentine's solo stuff (especially his first 4 discs) - patchy stuff, but some pure bliss on most his discs. Sadly, only about 2-3 songs per CD and the rest suck.

Dalton - 'Injection' should be right up the top of your list. Brilliance. Debut is pretty cool too.

Da Vinci - 'Back in business' is also 100% pure essential. Debut is only okay, imo.

Glory - '2 Forgive Is 2 Forget' is their best album, but the debut is great too. Just get those two and forget the f*ck out of the rest of their discography.

H.E.A.T - s/t from last year is essential.

Talk Of The Town - a bit patchy for my liking. The debut is pretty cool, but these guys would be one of the last I'd check out. The 2nd album is useless.

I also notice Skagarak have not been noted - 'Hungry for a game' especially.

Zero's disc is essential too.

Bai Bang's 'Cop to con' too.

Based on your previous comments here, I'm guessing that Zinatra may be a bit light for your tastes. Try before buying.

Yes I agree, but filesharing is non existent as far as our kind of music, that used to be the only way I had to hear a lot of these bands, it's true my main love is is just anything that fuckin rocks! I'm really non selective as far as genre, (dont relate to to much classical) but I'm a sucker for big vocal production, which is (as Geoff stated) Blue Tears ranks on my albums to beat list, anything from 88 to 93 commercial rock, I really prefer bands that all sing well together, Emerald Rain, Galactic Cowboys, etc. but how light are Zinatra? are they anything like Sic Vikki-Kiss Me In French? that's about the lightest I prefer without switching to West Coadt AOR, but I never like to mix the 2!

Based on your previous comments here, I'm guessing that Zinatra may be a bit light for your tastes. Try before buying.

Yes I agree, but filesharing is non existent as far as our kind of music, that used to be the only way I had to hear a lot of these bands, it's true my main love is is just anything that fuckin rocks! I'm really non selective as far as genre, (dont relate to to much classical) but I'm a sucker for big vocal production, which is (as Geoff stated) Blue Tears ranks on my albums to beat list, anything from 88 to 93 commercial rock, I really prefer bands that all sing well together, Emerald Rain, Galactic Cowboys, etc. but how light are Zinatra? are they anything like Sic Vikki-Kiss Me In French? that's about the lightest I prefer without switching to West Coadt AOR, but I never like to mix the 2!

If you like Blue Tears, Casanova and Treat, Zinatra won't be too light for you. :)

if you like zinatra - the great escape, be sure to check out paul laine - stick it in your ear ( long island pressing with 4 extra tracks ) as paul laine pens the 4 best traxx on the zinatra cd :beerbang:

another recommend is harlot - room with a view , ice tiger - love n crime and if you are very adventurous & tolerant of language barriers... moon - darling's darling :beerbang: ( the sing a mix of english & Japanese )

You're not gonna like Zinatra. They're not the best at vocal harmonies, it's a bit heavier than the usual Scandi AOR stuff but it's still just pretty smooth AOR. If you love harmony-led Melodic Rock stick to this stuff:

KINGS X

SAIGON KICK

T-RIDE (a complete mess IMO, but HUGE harmonies)

TREAT

HOUSE OF SHAKIRA

TNT ("Intuition")

THE BRAVE

MASTEDON

MSG (the "S/T" and "Save Yourself" albums)

NELSON (all albums)

SPIN GALLERY

NIGHT RANGER ("Big Life" and "Man In Motion")

NOUVEAUX ("Beginnings")

PETRA

BRIAN MCDONALD GROUP (all 3 discs)

GLEN BURTNICK ("Retrospectacle")

RANSOM ("Trouble In Paradise")

One band I got 2 songs off of Audiogalaxy I really like is a band called Brass Kitten, I've never heard anything but the first 2 songs, and I've hardly seen the disc at all, crappy production but excellent sounding harmonies, I love Kings X, especially Dogman, that's up there with Galactic Cowboys Space In Your Face, Ill check some of these bands out, I had that T-Ride, isn't that the Valentine guy that's a big producer, I heard he recorded that entire thing himself, I love Luxury Cruiser, and of course You And Your Friend!

One band I got 2 songs off of Audiogalaxy I really like is a band called Brass Kitten, I've never heard anything but the first 2 songs, and I've hardly seen the disc at all, crappy production but excellent sounding harmonies, I love Kings X, especially Dogman, that's up there with Galactic Cowboys Space In Your Face, Ill check some of these bands out, I had that T-Ride, isn't that the Valentine guy that's a big producer, I heard he recorded that entire thing himself, I love Luxury Cruiser, and of course You And Your Friend!

Yep Kings X and Galactic Cowboys are awesome at the big harmonies. That T-Ride thing is a fucking mess IMO, love the big-sound and layer upon layer of harmonies, but they completely forgot to write any songs? Definitely own the MSG - "S/T" disc, and stuff like NELSON's "Life", BRIAN MCDONALD etc - massive OTT harmonies on all of these....

That T-Ride thing is a fucking mess IMO

substitute 'mess' with 'piece of shite' and you are spot on :tumbsup:

These are all great discs (except for Robby Valentine's solos utter shit IMO) just let me end this thread but saying these are the only two you need to purchase.

TREAT - Dreamhunter

MASQUERADE - S/T

OK let the beatings begin. :hammer:

MASQUERADE - S/T

How the hell did I forget that one?! That's the most essential one mentioned yet!

MASQUERADE - S/T

How the hell did I forget that one?! That's the most essential one mentioned yet!

We should be shot at dawn!! ;)

Your all gonna make fun of me, I found this Torrent called Absolute Hair Metal, the fuckers like 4 gigs, but its full of all sorts of shit ive never even heard of, which by most accounts isnt usually a good thing, but, I just found a Zinatra song in the hundreds of bands, It's called There She Was, Its not to bad, it kind of reminds me (and ive only heard that song) but it kind of reminds me of one of those bands that have the right sound your looking for, and they have the right texture your looking for, and the song starts out as the right song your looking for, but that build up to the chorus, well! it wasnt the chorus you had thought was coming, i.e. Lost Weekend, Medusa, Roxxi, Tight Fit, and (sorry guys, the biggest one ever), Harlan Cage! but back to whats embarassing, I just heard a song off this comp that is absolutely what I like, and ive seen his name for years, and just one of those things, generally im biased against artist that use their own names, and don't give credit to a band! but this song is by Stan Bush and is called, Every Beat Of My Heart, good shit, killer shit actually, I like it alot, but I need to hurry, because like the weather, I phase through music interest at a pathetic pace, I think it's my ADHD, or my Bi-Polar(both fabricated and fictional disorders) but I'll use it as an excuse right now!

oh yeah! I love 3 M.S.G. cd's, my favorite being Perfect Timing, then M.S.G. and of course Save Yourself(I Am Your Radio is my favorite song by those guys) Im really interested in hearing the rest of that V.A.N. disc, the sample I downloaded over at that other website, it is way catchy, and is stuck in my head, Love Between The Bites, but like my neighbor said, good lucking finding a copy of that cd!

Your all gonna make fun of me, I found this Torrent called Absolute Hair Metal, the fuckers like 4 gigs, but its full of all sorts of shit ive never even heard of, which by most accounts isnt usually a good thing, but, I just found a Zinatra song in the hundreds of bands, It's called There She Was, Its not to bad, it kind of reminds me (and ive only heard that song) but it kind of reminds me of one of those bands that have the right sound your looking for, and they have the right texture your looking for, and the song starts out as the right song your looking for, but that build up to the chorus, well! it wasnt the chorus you had thought was coming, i.e. Lost Weekend, Medusa, Roxxi, Tight Fit, and (sorry guys, the biggest one ever), Harlan Cage! but back to whats embarassing, I just heard a song off this comp that is absolutely what I like, and ive seen his name for years, and just one of those things, generally im biased against artist that use their own names, and don't give credit to a band! but this song is by Stan Bush and is called, Every Beat Of My Heart, good shit, killer shit actually, I like it alot, but I need to hurry, because like the weather, I phase through music interest at a pathetic pace, I think it's my ADHD, or my Bi-Polar(both fabricated and fictional disorders) but I'll use it as an excuse right now!

oh yeah! I love 3 M.S.G. cd's, my favorite being Perfect Timing, then M.S.G. and of course Save Yourself(I Am Your Radio is my favorite song by those guys) Im really interested in hearing the rest of that V.A.N. disc, the sample I downloaded over at that other website, it is way catchy, and is stuck in my head, Love Between The Bites, but like my neighbor said, good lucking finding a copy of that cd!

one of the joys in life, discovering quality music :):beerbang:

Yep, I've downloaded both parts of Absolute Hair Metal (you've only got the first half). There's 111 CDs worth total in the two parts.

Good selection of stuff, both mainstream and some REALLY obscure. The perfect evaluation tool for determining which CDs to buy.

-Dan

Yep, I've downloaded both parts of Absolute Hair Metal (you've only got the first half). There's 111 CDs worth total in the two parts.

Good selection of stuff, both mainstream and some REALLY obscure. The perfect evaluation tool for determining which CDs to buy.

-Dan

Any clue who went through all that time and trouble putting together those comps? I mean, thats not some little hair metal sampler, that's a big time mega deal, those cocksuckers at time life are always whining and bitching about how much time and money you'd have to spend compiling their top 40 discs, they don't have a clue, Im really interested to know who did this, probably some dude that had a shitload of rare albums and cd's, and a whole grip of Crystal Meth! that's my guess!

These are all great discs (except for Robby Valentine's solos utter shit IMO) just let me end this thread but saying these are the only two you need to purchase.

TREAT - Dreamhunter

MASQUERADE - S/T

OK let the beatings begin. :hammer:

I'd agree those two discs are in a different league To Zinatra's Great Escape.....there's something about that album which slightly annoys me. I dunno what....just a bit frantic and over the top in places. As I said slightly annoying........