Bettie Page R.I.P.

Nelson

I'm sure alot of you guys here like her old photos so here's a sad one:

Slideshow: Pinup queen Bettie Page dies at 85 LOS ANGELES – Bettie Page, the 1950s secretary-turned-model whose controverisal photographs in skimpy attire or none at all helped set the stage for the 1960s sexual revolution, died Thursday. She was 85.

Page suffered a heart attack last week in Los Angeles and never regained consciousness, said her agent, Mark Roesler. Before the heart attack, Page had been hospitalized for three weeks with pneumonia.

"She captured the imagination of a generation of men and women with her free spirit and unabashed sensuality," Roesler said. "She is the embodiment of beauty."

Page, who was also known as Betty, attracted national attention with magazine photographs of her sensuous figure in bikinis and see-through lingerie that were quickly tacked up on walls in military barracks, garages and elsewhere, where they remained for years.

Her photos included a centerfold in the January 1955 issue of then-fledgling Playboy magazine, as well as controversial sadomasochistic poses.

Seriously one of my idols... she will be missed!

I just saw the film "The Notorious Bettie Page" on cable a few months ago... she certainly lived an interesting life... R.I.P. indeed.

:pics:

And I seriously mean that! I'd put some up but I'm at work and don't want to get in trouble. :tits:

She was one fine woman in her day!

Best I can do for right now...

Bettie-first-favorite-photo-329x400.jpg

Useless Bettie Page trivia: The late Dave Stevens, creator/artist/writer of the "Rocketeer" comic book, created his main character's girlfriend "Betty" as an homage to Bettie Page. She looked just like Bettie and was a lingerie model in the comic as well. Dave was a huge fan/collector of Bettie's vintage pin ups and was one of the people who brought Bettie out of her self-imposed exile during the 80s/90s, and got her to do some interviews, autograph signings, and helped her capitalize on her fame a little.

When Disney turned "Rocketeer" into a movie in 1991, they cast Jennifer Connelly in the role due to her resemblance to Bettie (this is when J.C. was still hot; nowadays she looks like she needs to eat a sandwich... :lol: ) but they changed the character's name to "Jenny", presumably because they didn't want the Disney name associated with the real Bettie's somewhat sordid history.

Geek Moment over. As you were. :lol: