• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Slaughter

KISS

Deliverance

About 90% of bands... including:

Van Halen

Toto

Shadowman/Overland solo... he should really just be quiet unless he plans to record another decent Ladder album or return FM to 'Tough it out' style.

Asia

MSG

TNT (unless Harnell returns)

Pride of Lions

Lordi

Def Leppard

I have to admit, I listened to 'Sparkle face' last night and I'd almost have to agree if I didn't think they still had good albums in them. If they plan to record more albums like 'Sparkle Shit' I'd just prefer they didn't record at all.

Faster Pussycat (the new nazi/goth crap ,not the old one)..

Any Band that only has 1/3 of it's original members,specially if that original member

is a drummer..but passes it's self off as the real deal.

any band Tracii Guns is in....

Poison (Surprise Surprise)

and Cliff Richard

Agreed on the first one :lol:

The fact that you just said you prefer Cliff Richard to Poison kind of makes your opinion invalid, mate. :P

Toto

An absolute outrage :nyanya:

You mean because I'm the first to mention their name, after about 5 posts already? I know, it's sickening. I guess everyone else was too busy trying to wipe the memory of them out of their heads to mention them. :)

and Cliff Richard

The fact that you just said you prefer Cliff Richard to Poison kind of makes your opinion invalid, mate. :P

Not the old Cliff but the new modern Cliff Richard, thought you liked modern music Geoff? :lol:

Toto

You mean because I'm the first to mention their name, after about 5 posts already? I know, it's sickening. I guess everyone else was too busy trying to wipe the memory of them out of their heads to mention them. :)

Probably most couldn`t spell their name mate :lol:

Great band though Geoff, you also mentioned MSG - McAuley Schenker Group not the legendary Michael Schenker Group :tumbsup:

Being an Australian, do you have an opinion on Cold Chisel , Jimmy Barnes or Little River Band? :tumbsup:

Toto

Probably most couldn`t spell their name mate :lol:

Great band though Geoff, you also mentioned MSG - McAuley Schenker Group not the legendary Michael Schenker Group :tumbsup:

Being an Australian, do you have an opinion on Cold Chisel , Jimmy Barnes or Little River Band? :tumbsup:

I'd accept a new album from MSG - McAuley Schenker Group... but not the godforsaken Michael Schenker Group.

My opinion on Cold Chisel , Jimmy Barnes (bar one or two songs) or Little River Band is that they all *ducks for cover* suck immensely.

and Cliff Richard

Not the old Cliff but the new modern Cliff Richard, thought you liked modern music Geoff? :lol:

Yes, mate. Exactly. I like all modern music. Every single band. Especially killer releases from Cliff Richard and Vengaboys.

Britny Fox if they only have 1 member...

Yeah, and same with "White Lion".

Agreed. Im happy with "tramp's White Lion" though.

Also... anyone from Toto, Survivor or Tommy Denander doing side projects... PLEASE STOP! I have respect for the original bands , but do we really need 30 one off AOR projects every year from the same guys that sounds so stale!

Also... anyone from Toto, Survivor or Tommy Denander doing side projects... PLEASE STOP! I have respect for the original bands , but do we really need 30 one off AOR projects every year from the same guys that sounds so stale!

Oh backed Preacher Mattasaurus!!! Coudn't agree more. But unfortunately that goes for your guy too - who's the dude on every album? Magnus Karlsson... yeah, he needs to zip it too.

Man I'd love to see Jim Peterik forever silenced, though.

Oh backed Preacher Mattasaurus!!! Coudn't agree more. But unfortunately that goes for your guy too - who's the dude on every album? Magnus Karlsson... yeah, he needs to zip it too.

Man I'd love to see Jim Peterik forever silenced, though.

Yeh Magnus needs to do something different, hes got the talent so he really needs to mix it up more..

Deep Purple-

Don't get me wrong I worship this band but damn they sound nothing like they used to.

Also nothing against Steve Morse, who is a great player, but the band doesn't sound near as good since Blackmore left.

Skid Row-

If you can't get Bach back or if you can't make another album as good as "Thickskin" then just throw in the towel.

KISS

Keef - There is talk of Kiss maybe doing a new album, going back to their seventies sound with Paul Stanley maybe producing it. Whether this is B/S or not I don't know. At first thought, this sounds like a pretty bad idea, but now I have had the pleasure (and believe me, it was a pleasure) of hearing the 'Jigoku Retuden: The Re-records' which include 12 or so of the old tracks, re-recorded, then maybe this is not so bad an idea. The new versions haven't taken anything away from the originals, just given a slight update and a spit and polish in general and they sound excellent, showing that they can still cut it in the studio and make a great sounding record in the 21st century. Obviously they would have to have the material to go with it, but I for one would be interested in hearing it.

KISS

Keef - There is talk of Kiss maybe doing a new album, going back to their seventies sound with Paul Stanley maybe producing it. Whether this is B/S or not I don't know. At first thought, this sounds like a pretty bad idea, but now I have had the pleasure (and believe me, it was a pleasure) of hearing the 'Jigoku Retuden: The Re-records' which include 12 or so of the old tracks, re-recorded, then maybe this is not so bad an idea. The new versions haven't taken anything away from the originals, just given a slight update and a spit and polish in general and they sound excellent, showing that they can still cut it in the studio and make a great sounding record in the 21st century. Obviously they would have to have the material to go with it, but I for one would be interested in hearing it.

First time I've heard that rumor. :blink: I haven't heard the "Jigoku" thing, but it's probably pretty cool... hell, I imagine it would be kinda hard for them to screw up songs that they've played literally zillions of times over the past 30 plus years...

As for "new" new material, the last time I got my hopes up about KISS going into the studio, the result was PSYCHO CIRCUS. If that's the best they can do then I say they should just continue whoring out the old stuff on the nostalgia circuit.