What I love about C.D. Conventions

cdjunky41

#1-BODY ODOR- Guys that spend $100.00 on c.d.s, but can't afford $1.50 for a bar of soap :puke:

#2-300 LB + guy who takes up 4 rows of c.d.s while he looks :2up:

#3-Spouse or friend who is a complete JOYKILL :doh:

#4- SHITHEAD vendor who asks for a ridiculous price for a c.d. that looks like it was run over by a car

#5- That wonderful aroma of coffee & stale cigarettes on people's breath

Anybody else want to add to this?

# 1 through to # 1000 - People. Everywhere. I hate them.

You should come to Lapland. You can walk miles and miles without bumping into a human being. Only raindeers, mooses, bears, wolves and alike and eventually you will bump into Santa Cl :stfu:

#1-BODY ODOR- Guys that spend $100.00 on c.d.s, but can't afford $1.50 for a bar of soap :puke:

:lol: Ever been to a gun show ?

try a comic fair!!! full of people who spend too much time reading comics in their mothers basement and not enough time bathing!

• My Little Pony

:lol: Ever been to a gun show ?

try a comic fair!!! full of people who spend too much time reading comics in their mothers basement and not enough time bathing!

And gaming conventions - I mean, I've never been to a gaming convention. :whistle:

At least if you're at a gun show, the solution is in your hands. And I mean the firearm, not your cock, Geoff.

ComicBookGuy.jpg

"ExCUSE me? I don't need this job. I have a degree in Medieval Literature. Freakin' kids."

ComicBookGuy.jpg

"ExCUSE me? I don't need this job. I have a degree in Medieval Literature. Freakin' kids."

thats the type, whoda thought that comic book guy actually exists in living form :yikes:

but imagine 50 of them under one roof!

thats the type, whoda thought that comic book guy actually exists in living form :yikes:

but imagine 50 of them under one roof!

Oh, you don't have to tell me... I had tons of experience with comic book dealers during my years of comic collecting/convention attendance... and the general look and 'tude of Comic Book Guy is NOT an exaggeration at all.

The first time I saw Comic Book Guy on a "Simpsons" episode I laughed like hell because I knew SO many dealers who looked and sounded JUST like him!!

Back on topic: What I love about CD Conventions... asking the snotty dealer in the Strokes or White Stripes t-shirt "Got any metal?", to which he'll look down his nose at you as if you just asked "Mind if I f**k your Mom?" before saying "Uh, yea, I think there's a few in that last box waaaaayyyy over there..." in a condescending tone of voice.

...then when you go to said box, there are maybe 10 CDs, all of which are very common titles that you (and everyone else on Planet Earth) already owns... and they're all scratched and beaten to boot! :angry:

• 2023 Gold Donors
asking the snotty dealer in the Strokes or White Stripes t-shirt "Got any metal?", to which he'll look down his nose at you as if you just asked "Mind if I f**k your Mom?" before saying "Uh, yea, I think there's a few in that last box waaaaayyyy over there..." in a condescending tone of voice.

Im gonna fight that guy ! :angry:

asking the snotty dealer in the Strokes or White Stripes t-shirt "Got any metal?", to which he'll look down his nose at you as if you just asked "Mind if I f**k your Mom?" before saying "Uh, yea, I think there's a few in that last box waaaaayyyy over there..." in a condescending tone of voice.

Im gonna fight that guy ! :angry:

For god's sake, someone should! :beerbang:

#4- SHITHEAD vendor who asks for a ridiculous price for a c.d. that looks like it was run over by a car

How about UNPRICED ITEMS!

"it's $3 unless you want to buy it, then it's $10"

How about UNPRICED ITEMS!

"it's $3 unless you want to buy it, then it's $10"

OOHH!

I forgot about that!

About 12 years ago, I found PANTERA'S POWER METAL. I asked the guy HOW MUCH? He told me $25.00. I quickly paid him and his responce was " I SHOULD HAVE ASKED FOR MORE".

SORRY JERKOFF!!

IT'S MINE NOW!!! :2up:

Hehehe :rofl2: I think you summed it up pretty good. I guess these are the sacrifices we must make for our love of music :headbanger: I know this everytime I get a postcard in the mail for the next CD & record show and especially the day of. It's get geared up and brave the storm to look through and buy some awesome CD's - well worth it after!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Here's one CD Convention guy I wanted to strangle...

Years ago I wandered past a booth where a dealer was playing a pretty sweet sounding Type O Negative live bootleg CD for a prospective customer. (I was big into Type O at the time, had just seen them live several times and was into collecting anything I could find on them...) The guy sat there hemming and hawing like "Hmmm, I dunno, it sounds okay I guess, but..." and dragging his feet, so I'm standing behind him making hand signals at the dealer like "DUDE! If this guy doesn't want it, I'LL take it!" After several torturous moments, the guy finally made up his damn mind and bought the disc... once he was gone I sez to the dealer, "You wouldn't happen to have another copy of that one, would you?" and he sez "Nah, sorry, he got the only one I had." :hammer:

On a happy ending note, I did finally acquire that disc at the next months' show, from the same guy.

Another person I can't stand is..............THE GOOD WIFE!!! :thppt:

Hubby picks out $250.00 worth of c.d.'s and his wife pays for it!!

I'm only angry because my wife would give me....THE LOOK! :yikes:

She would sooner turn my ass into a c.d. opener :butt:

That's just me being jealous though.

• My Little Pony

That doesn't happe - WHEN HAVE YOU EVER SEEN THAT HAPPEN?!!

That doesn't happe - WHEN HAVE YOU EVER SEEN THAT HAPPEN?!!

Last Month!!

No Lie!!

To add insult to my (Jealous) injury, the dealer gave her a copy of HELIX-CHRISTMAS ALBUM.

It also pissed me off that it took me a close to a half hour to get in front of his table :taz: