Sign in to follow this  
RichieZ

Favorite Song Of The Year

Yeah top choice there. I'm not into the H.E.A.T album (as everyone knows!) but "Follow Me" is a killer.

You really puzzled me with this one, mate. We do often agree but we are just miles off on this HEAT disc. I just reviewed this yesterday for Ipod selection and 'Follow me' was actually the cut-off for the songs that didn't make it on (even if I still love 5 of the 6 that didn't make it). Meaning it was the best of the 6 that didn't make it, making it my 7th favourite song on the disc, but I personally much prefer:

There For You

Never Let Go

Keep On Dreaming

Cry

Feel It Again

Bring The Stars

I thought you would LOVE something like 'Bring the stars' which would have to be my pick of the disc. How do you not like this disc??? :lol:

WTF, no 'Straight For The Heart' ????? Are You Mad??!

My top 6 are (in no order) -

There For You

Never Let Go

Keep On Dreamin

Straight For The Heart

Follow Me

Youre Lyin (odd choice, but I love that song)

'Straight for the heart' would be next after 'Follow me'. Seriously, I love every song on this disc except that throw-away song near the end, so even for a song not to be included in my top 6 doesn't mean I don't love it. This disc is sensational.

Yeah top choice there. I'm not into the H.E.A.T album (as everyone knows!) but "Follow Me" is a killer.

You really puzzled me with this one, mate. We do often agree but we are just miles off on this HEAT disc. I just reviewed this yesterday for Ipod selection and 'Follow me' was actually the cut-off for the songs that didn't make it on (even if I still love 5 of the 6 that didn't make it). Meaning it was the best of the 6 that didn't make it, making it my 7th favourite song on the disc, but I personally much prefer:

There For You

Never Let Go

Keep On Dreaming

Cry

Feel It Again

Bring The Stars

I thought you would LOVE something like 'Bring the stars' which would have to be my pick of the disc. How do you not like this disc??? :lol:

There For You

Never Let Go

Keep On Dreamin

Straight For The Heart

Follow Me

'Straight for the heart' would be next after 'Follow me'. Seriously, I love every song on this disc except that throw-away song near the end, so even for a song not to be included in my top 6 doesn't mean I don't love it. This disc is sensational.

Yeah but my point is that 'Straight For The Heart' would be my No 1.

Sensational live as well.....even with the guy from Eclipse singing it!

For once a have a short simple answer:

The Scarecrow - Avantasia

I love this song. It inspires me, incredibly.

good lad. you are forgiven.

Forgiven? I don't need no forgiveness, not from any man, that is.

But, yes, great song. I'm glad you agree.

I agree as well. It's one of my fav tunes of the year too. :drink:

It's a song that rarely gets played only once. I think I repeated it seven times, one day - that was a great day. Never heard Jorn before, but after hearing The Scarecrow I think I need to seriously look into his work.

It's a song that rarely gets played only once. I think I repeated it seven times, one day - that was a great day. Never heard Jorn before, but after hearing The Scarecrow I think I need to seriously look into his work.

I prefer his work with Masterplan, Allen/Lande and Millenium but his solo stuff is great too.

His latest solo album "Lonely are the Brave" is one of his best IMO. :headbanger:

I prefer his work with Masterplan, Allen/Lande and Millenium but his solo stuff is great too.

His latest solo album "Lonely are the Brave" is one of his best IMO. :headbanger:

I've been meaning to pick up the Allen/Lande but, as always, procrastination has got the best of me. I'll check those out, though. Download 'em, probably.

I've been meaning to pick up the Allen/Lande but, as always, procrastination has got the best of me. I'll check those out, though. Download 'em, probably.

The first Allen/Lande album is sensational.

There For You

Never Let Go

Keep On Dreaming

Cry

Feel It Again

Bring The Stars

There For You

Never Let Go

Keep On Dreamin

Straight For The Heart

Follow Me

Mine are:

1. Follow Me

2. Bring The Stars

3. Straight For the Heart

4. There For You/Cry (joint. but neither are exactly stunning...)

3 killer songs. 2 strong tunes. The rest are filler IMO. I could name 50 better Scandi AOR/MHR albums from the 80's/90's.....

There For You

Never Let Go

Keep On Dreaming

Cry

Feel It Again

Bring The Stars

There For You

Never Let Go

Keep On Dreamin

Straight For The Heart

Follow Me

Mine are:

1. Follow Me

2. Bring The Stars

3 killer songs. 2 strong tunes. The rest are filler IMO. I could name 50 better Scandi AOR/MHR albums from the 80's/90's.....

Weird that you 2 love 'Bring The Stars' so much - that for me sounds like a Wigwam reject.

I'll add "Under the Gun" by Eclipse to my list. What a song that is.

I'll add "Under the Gun" by Eclipse to my list. What a song that is.

backed - riff city. :banger:

There For You

Never Let Go

Keep On Dreaming

Cry

Feel It Again

Bring The Stars

There For You

Never Let Go

Keep On Dreamin

Straight For The Heart

Follow Me

Mine are:

1. Follow Me

2. Bring The Stars

Weird that you 2 love 'Bring The Stars' so much - that for me sounds like a Wigwam reject.

Wig Wam? :lol: You freak. Damn I love that song.

Whitesnake - All I Want All I Need

That would be my fave new release song of the year but "Sacred Ground" and "Doin' What The Devil Says To Do" by Richie Kotzen and "Bad Penny" by Rory Gallagher would be the best three songs of the year that I have heard for the first time :tumbsup:

Bring Back This Love - Ramos-Hugo

Maria - Work Of Art

After picking up the new Hinder disc yesterday, I'd have to add -

Use Me

Loaded and Alone

Heaven Sent

Last Kiss Goodbye

as more favourite songs of 2008.

The only good thing about these guys being so popular is the fact that unless the band breaks, you can almost guarantee another release in a couple years.

Use Me

Loaded and Alone

Heaven Sent

Last Kiss Goodbye

The only good thing about these guys being so popular is the fact that unless the band breaks, you can almost guarantee another release in a couple years.

Backed backed and backed. Although I'd put the majority of the album in my fave tracks of 2008 in all honesty. Plus this...

'Atlanta' - Butch Walker

Use Me

Loaded and Alone

Heaven Sent

Last Kiss Goodbye

Backed backed and backed. Although I'd put the majority of the album in my fave tracks of 2008 in all honesty. Plus this...

'Atlanta' - Butch Walker

'Lost In The Sun' as well - awesome tune.

Use Me

Loaded and Alone

Heaven Sent

Last Kiss Goodbye

'Atlanta' - Butch Walker

And 'Thing For You'.

Still loving Where Did I Lose Your Love - Journey :tumbsup:

A new one to me that is blowing me away is "Touching My Soul" from Axel Rudi Pell.

Damn Johnny Gioeli's voice is just amazing on this one as is Pell's guitar playing.

This goes back to some of the best of early 80's Rainbow.

'Life' and 'Heaven (Its Not Here)' by Sturm Und Drang have got to be up there.

Both killer tracks.

Use Me

Loaded and Alone

Heaven Sent

Last Kiss Goodbye

'Atlanta' - Butch Walker

And 'Thing For You'.

And how about that last track? Yeah it sucks but at least it means you survived until the end & can then put something decent on instead?.... :lol: (Just kidding).

I'm gonna add this one to my list:

DAVID COOK - Permanent

Use Me

Loaded and Alone

Heaven Sent

Last Kiss Goodbye

'Atlanta' - Butch Walker

And 'Thing For You'.

DAVID COOK - Permanent

Great song.