Hockey Regular Season

Clutch

Jay, saw the Pens making some moves to maybe make a late run. Canes are trying the same. Brought back Cole for some extra scoring. I've got tickets for Friday night. Box seats, center ice. If they lose I'm gonna blow a gasket. :tumbsup:

That's AWESOME Chris! Enjoy yourself! I'll be pulling for the Canes.

Yeah, so far Kunitz has payed pretty good dividends. Billy Guerin could end up being huge. As long as his age doesn't really catch up with him and he's not divisive in the locker room. (Don't know much about Craig Adams.) Hope the trades work out.

I hope Cole returns to form for you guys. I had him in fantasy a few years ago (his last in Carolina?) and he was tough!

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

(Don't know much about Craig Adams.)

Craig actually played for the Canes a couple of years ago. Tough kid. Not real big but doesn't back down or take shit from anyone. A team player as well.

A great game and a great time last night. Canes won big and we drank lots of big beers. Hat trick for Ray Whitney along with the best seats for a hockey game I've ever had. :drink:

The Wild season is pretty much on it's last breath. We have no big guns. And "Gay"borik won't get his ass out there and help his team. Aside from locking up our goalie for another four years we made absolutely no moves before the trade deadline. Our cheapskate owner will realize soon enough the fans won't keep paying to watch a mediocre product.

My Bruins are playing like shit lately and may well lose first place if they don't get it together.....hopefully Recchi will give them a boost .....of course it could always be worse since this time most years they are fighting for a playoff spot...

I'm done with basketball (I know, blasphemy for someone that lives in NC), bring on Playoff Hockey. Just make sure the Canes are involved. :drink:

Oh, good luck to everyone that's in or is trying to get in (like me).

Went to the Pens game today. Sat first row, on the glass, right on the blue line.

Tons of fun. Depressing game. Losing a 2 goal lead in less than 2 minutes in the 3rd. Playing just well enough to stave off a loss in regulation and earn a point. Sid missed a few passes. There were a few bad passes. (Sykora's attempted saucer, late in the first I think, almost certainly could've been converted were it on Geno's stick.) Bad defense, not just in the 3rd, but seemingly for most of the game, definitely cost them that extra point.

These bastards are going to take it right down to the wire and make this difficult on me.

Went to the Pens game today. Sat first row, on the glass, right on the blue line.

Tons of fun. Depressing game. Losing a 2 goal lead in less than 2 minutes in the 3rd. Playing just well enough to stave off a loss in regulation and earn a point. Sid missed a few passes. There were a few bad passes. (Sykora's attempted saucer, late in the first I think, almost certainly could've been converted were it on Geno's stick.) Bad defense, not just in the 3rd, but seemingly for most of the game, definitely cost them that extra point.

These bastards are going to take it right down to the wire and make this difficult on me.

With any luck they will make it so difficult on you that you will have to root for another team in the playoffs. :popcorn:

Canes put a test on the ticker last night. Up 2-0 after the first, trail 4-2 in the 3rd and win 5-4. Got the Caps tonight. After such a tough game I hope we don't flounder. Enjoy the weekend fellow hockey bros. :drink:

Canes put a test on the ticker last night. Up 2-0 after the first, trail 4-2 in the 3rd and win 5-4. Got the Caps tonight. After such a tough game I hope we don't flounder. Enjoy the weekend fellow hockey bros. :drink:

Good God Man! They are trying to take each other's heads off. The hitting is fierce. No way this pace can be sustained the entire game. 0-0 after one. Beers and shots on me (my wife is out of town, not that it matters).

The pace has slowed a bit, not much. The aggression is still there from both teams. Has the feeling of a playoff game. 1-1 after two.

(Sorry for the play-by-play, many beers into it at this point and all my local buddies are on husband detail.)

Right here. Watched the Canadiens get dismantled by the Leafs. (People who live in TO have to be so pissed. Every year lately, they tank the regular season, trade people away, then start winning and screw up any hopes of a top pick in the draft.)

Hoping to watch the Pens do some serious butt-whipping tomorrow. Since the Flyers have so many games at hand, it's almost inconceivable the Pens could move up to fourth. But, since as of now they'd be facing off in round 1, a win this close to the playoffs would help set a tone. (And keep them ahead of the hard charging 'Canes... heck, and even Rangers.)

Getting over bronchitis. Gave up alcohol for Lent. So, looking forward to after Easter playoff hockey with a few cold brews.

Right here. Watched the Canadiens get dismantled by the Leafs. (People who live in TO have to be so pissed. Every year lately, they tank the regular season, trade people away, then start winning and screw up any hopes of a top pick in the draft.)

Hoping to watch the Pens do some serious butt-whipping tomorrow. Since the Flyers have so many games at hand, it's almost inconceivable the Pens could move up to fourth. But, since as of now they'd be facing off in round 1, a win this close to the playoffs would help set a tone. (And keep them ahead of the hard charging 'Canes... heck, and even Rangers.)

Getting over bronchitis. Gave up alcohol for Lent. So, looking forward to after Easter playoff hockey with a few cold brews.

No problem on any part. Just glad to hear from ya.....(not to mention I admire your conviction).

Take care bro.... :headbanger::bowdown::tumbsup::banger:

• 2 weeks later...

Wow! Congrats Chris on the game last night.

The 'Canes are playing TOUGH right now. Whoever runs up against them in the first round is going to be in big trouble. I don't think anyone in the East is playing as well as them right now. Helluva time to get on this kind of roll!

Wow! Congrats Chris on the game last night.

The 'Canes are playing TOUGH right now. Whoever runs up against them in the first round is going to be in big trouble. I don't think anyone in the East is playing as well as them right now. Helluva time to get on this kind of roll!

We're playing good hockey right now and very excited about the playoffs. I have to think bringing back Cole was very instrumental in this run.

Yeah. I was hoping the Kunitz and Guerin would be the spark the Pens needed. And they seemed to be for awhile.

Pens are gonna need to shore up the D and get the O rolling again. They can light it up almost at will against teams with weaker D or less than stellar goaltending. But for a team with a goalie standing on his head or a tough D, they look like they're just running around. It's gonna be interesting.

Good luck Chris!

Man we got the shit kicked out of us last night. Only bright spot was we broke up the shutout with like a minute left. Hope for a better showing in the last regular season game.