Hockey Regular Season

Clutch

Getting ready to watch some hockey night here with a big Coach's Corner and the Pens/Sabres game. (Who knows what's on late, but who cares? Beer and hockey = pure goodness!)

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Getting ready to watch some hockey night here with a big Coach's Corner and the Pens/Sabres game. (Who knows what's on late, but who cares? Beer and hockey = pure goodness!)

..plus 1,000..... :drink:

Watched the Wild scrape one out with a shootout win over Columbus last night. Great game, and surprising how many good players Columbus has assembled, not to mention Ken Hitchcock as coach. Looks like they are moving in the right direction.

Tough loss for the Caps Saturday night vs. the Devils...who they beat 3-1 the night before in Washington.

I guess it wasn't so bad considering it took an Ovechkin goal with .9 seconds left to put the game into OT. But after evening the score after pulling the goalie with less then a second left...I thought the Caps would have everything going their way in OT. It went to a shoot-out which was won by the Devils. It's tough to lose when you put up 5 goals. I guess stealing a point in NJ isn't a complete loss.

Watching the Pens and Minn right now. What are these jerseys? Tied up 1-1 in the 2nd.

They're replica throwbacks of the Pens' original home jerseys.

Still 1-1. Through 2+, not a typical Pens score. But, as long as they pull this one out before the final buzzer.

Watching the Pens and Minn right now. What are these jerseys? Tied up 1-1 in the 2nd.

Still 1-1. Through 2+, not a typical Pens score. But, as long as they pull this one out before the final buzzer.

I thought they had to be throwbacks of some type. hsf, any cold ones tonight?

Oh my goodness, Chris.... OF COURSE! No better way to enjoy one's hockey, is there? :drink:

(Wow, as much as I hate it, Zidlicky's goal in the SO was sweet!)

Oh my goodness, Chris.... OF COURSE! No better way to enjoy one's hockey, is there? :drink: How about yourself?

Oh my goodness, Chris.... OF COURSE! No better way to enjoy one's hockey, is there? :drink: How about yourself?

Damn, completely forgot about the game last night! Woke up today to find a bunch of texts on my phone giving me the scoring updates. VS is on our extended package which we only get on one tv and of course I was watching a different one. Looks like it was a great game though!

No hockey on in my area tonight. This has been a real shitty week so far (not for sports, just in general).

I didn't watch more than a few minutes of the Rangers/Canucks game. Between Hank not being much more than a filter and how crappy my last 2 days have been, not a hockey/beer night here either.

Can't wait til the weekend!

Damn my Bruins are off to a good start.........now if they can just stay healthy.......

Since no Pens on tonight, thinking of watching the Bruins against the Panthers. If the Bruins keep it up, should be a pretty good trouncing.

May watch Chris' Canes take on Phoenix though. (Or see how Joey Mac fares against the Devils. Oh hell, I'll just flip around.)

Sadly, no super late (West Coast) games tonight. Oh well, the beer will have to be accompanied by some damn good music tonight. :beerbang:

Early Pens today, so they took precedence over the OSU/Michigan game. Sadly, the outcomes were opposite.

Vancouver, even w/o Luongo, still played an incredibly tough game! Demitra looks tough in his few games back!

Tonight's the night for Roy's jersey to be retired in Montreal. Should be pretty intense.

Wild lost to Vancouver Thursday at home...then lose to St. Louis at home last night. Plus the local hockey team (Sioux Falls Stampede lost last night 6-0. Things were so bad they gave up 2 goals just while I ran to the bathroom. Needless to say we left after the second period of that game. :(

Watching the Hawks/Leafs game from last night right now.

The Wendel Clark banner ceremony was much better than the Patrick Roy one, in my opinion.

Looking forward to a lot of hockey this upcoming (extended) holiday weekend!

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Chris, watch the Pens/Canes game last night? (No, that wasn't a dig. lol)

I did, and they only had the Carolina feed. Your Fox announcers aren't too bad, particularly John Forslund. What's up with that guy named Tripp? lol He's got an annoying name. And his voice kinda grated on me. Overall, though, not a bad broadcast! (Didn't hurt that the Pens won, at least on my end of the deal. lol)

Also watched the Phoenix/Toronto game. I love listening to those games, with Dave Strader and Darren Pang, but I think whoever did the marketing rights to the Phoenix arena ought to be stoned. Everytime they say "the Jobing.com Arena", I go fucking nuts! WTF?

Gonna miss some hockey tonight, but I hope to hit the late game. (Edmonton/LA. Ehh, it's a hockey game. lol)

Hey Chris, watch the Pens/Canes game last night? (No, that wasn't a dig. lol)

I did, and they only had the Carolina feed. Your Fox announcers aren't too bad, particularly John Forslund. What's up with that guy named Tripp? lol He's got an annoying name. And his voice kinda grated on me. Overall, though, not a bad broadcast! (Didn't hurt that the Pens won, at least on my end of the deal. lol)

Also watched the Phoenix/Toronto game. I love listening to those games, with Dave Strader and Darren Pang, but I think whoever did the marketing rights to the Phoenix arena ought to be stoned. Everytime they say "the Jobing.com Arena", I go fucking nuts! WTF?

Gonna miss some hockey tonight, but I hope to hit the late game. (Edmonton/LA. Ehh, it's a hockey game. lol)

I did watch the game last night (if you want to call it that). Blame the coach, fire the coach, same result. I like our announcer OK, but I swear John sounds the same when the opposition scores and the Canes score. I'll be getting a beer and hear his excited voice, break my fucking neck to get back in the room, and find the other team has scored. Thanks John. I'll continue to follow (I just don't give up) but I don't think Peter was the problem. We have players underachieving. "Fuck it Dude, let's go bowling." :drink:

I did watch the game last night (if you want to call it that). Blame the coach, fire the coach, same result. I like our announcer OK, but I swear John sounds the same when the opposition scores and the Canes score. I'll be getting a beer and hear his excited voice, break my fucking neck to get back in the room, and find the other team has scored. Thanks John. I'll continue to follow (I just don't give up) but I don't think Peter was the problem. We have players underachieving. "Fuck it Dude, let's go bowling." :drink:

Lol. That's a great anecdote about Forslund's call. Which, from an OPPONENT's (fan's) standpoint, is cool, but I imagine from yours it DOES suck.

I hear you about continuing to follow. At least you've won something recently. In ALL my favorites, other than college football, my teams haven't won much at all, although, other than the Browns, they've played for championships or at least been close a time or two, in the past decade. (Which makes it easier.) But, we keep on persevering, in the hopes of better days ahead.

Watching the Canes vs. Flyers right now. I do have to say that I hate the Flyers but it is no fault of theirs. One of my (many) ex's is from Philly and use to give me shit about the Flyers all the time. Just grew into hate for them. Bitch. :tumbsup:

Watching the Canes vs. Flyers right now. I do have to say that I hate the Flyers but it is no fault of theirs. One of my (many) ex's is from Philly and use to give me shit about the Flyers all the time. Just grew into hate for them. Bitch. :tumbsup:

I just finished up watching the Wild lose to Nashville. :(

They had the funniest commercial on for NHL.com shopping. This family is opening presents on Christmas morning and the boy has a Flyers jersey on. His parents and sister are obviously Rangers fans because they keep opening Rangers gifts like jerseys and coffee mugs and sweatshirts, while he opens his first gift and it's a tie, his next gift is a scale, next is a garden hose, all these crappy gifts for a teen and he's all pissed. Funny stuff.

• 2 weeks later...

OK, season not going like I had hoped for the Canes this year. Still pulling for them as I'm a die hard, but with the Falcons having such a good season it has helped ease the pain (never expected that one). But man, what about the Sharks. These boys are on a roll. Turning out to be another crazy season. Hope someone from the board has a team left at the end so I can pull for somebody in the playoffs. Oh yeah, FUCK YOU MIKE VICK!