Hockey Regular Season

Clutch

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The feeling after last night's game should be sheer joy, but after losing J-Staal, maybe for the remainder of the playoffs if they don't go too much farther or if his recovery isn't optimal, it's not complete dread, but worrisome confidence. IF some of the Penguins step up their games (haven't we given Ponikarovsky enough benefit of the doubt; he's had plenty of time to get acclimated to being on Malkin's line). If TK and J.Leo get back and are healthy, that would help. The whole team needs to be tighter defensively (though not at the expense of their goal scoring) especially if MAF doesn't get a little tougher in net.

He's starting to get nearer a GAA of 3 than he should be/needs to be with what the team is going through now. His SV% is well below .900; again, not good.

If the Pens can pull through Sunday, it'll be a fair sign of the rest of the series. The one thing the Pens seem to have right now is that, while not as bad as Pittsburgh, Montreal (particularly the D) isn't 100% either.

Damn did the Bruins look tough today! Happy for Savard. Good to see him back. (And if the Pens face the B's in the ECF, watch out!)

Pens storm back on the Canadiens' home ice and win game 3 with a 2-0 shutout. Marc-Andre Fleury played out of his mind until the Pens adjusted their game and out-efforted the Montreal squad.

And if there could be better news than that, Jordan Staal's injury doesn't appear to be as bad as the naysayers were predicting after last Friday night's game. He could be back soon if he can put a skate on the foot and get around. (As much as I want him to come back now, I hope he makes 100% sure that he's ready to go so we don't lose him again, for much longer.)

If the Pens can take Thursday night's game and go home up 3-1 in the series, that will be huge. (Obviously Montreal is well-versed with that situation and strong, but still, I'll take that as opposed being tied 2-2.)

(Crossing my fingers to complete a San Jose comeback in their game tonight.)

Fucking Montreal got outplayed most of Game 4 (at least half of) and 2 bad plays by the Pens let them back in. Series tied 2-2.

Ready to head out to Billy's, drink lots of Coors Light, and root the Pens on to victory in Game 5. Let's go Pens!

Pens almost get the Flower his second shutout of the series. Stupid 6-4 at game's end. (I'm really starting to hate Cammalleri. lol)

Pens up 3-2. Need to take Game 6 tomorrow night. Regardless of patterns and such, I don't want to go up against Montreal (hell, anyone) in a one-game series. Even if there were a clear cut "better" team, too much can happen in one game. (Hell, if a goalie can steal a series, one game is nothing.)

Doing some heavy duty praying for a Pens win tomorrow night! (And I wouldn't mind if Philly extended their series another game either.)

Saw the latest result, pleased Pens won, although shame they lost the previous one. Presumably the fact that they are making such hard work of Montreal means that if they do win, they will struggle with the next opponents???

• 1 year later...

So the Canes fire the coach and what do they do next? Lose 2 straight. Looks like this could be a long season and not in a good way.

That said, I'm sticking with them 'cause I'm sure as shit NOT watching basketball.

I have been following the Wild ever since the Jets moved to Phoenix and Minnesota got a team back in 2000. In ten years they haven't done crap except for that one fluke run in the playoffs. So now my Jets are back in Winnipeg and since I'm following them, of course the Wild would go and have the best record in the NHL while the Jets flounder near the bottom in the East. Man, I just can't catch a break. :anon: