Hockey Regular Season

Clutch

I followed hockey a little in college (my roomy was from Michigan, I had no choice), but since we've had a team here, I've really gotten into it. Which team? Glance to the left and see my location:

Hurricanes!!!!!

Sound off for your team. Good luck to all regardless who you pull for. Have a healthy season (impossible, I know). :drink:

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I followed hockey a little in college (my roomy was from Michigan, I had no choice), but since we've had a team here, I've really gotten into it. Which team? Glance to the left and see my location:

Hurricanes!!!!!

Sound off for your team. Good luck to all regardless who you pull for. Have a healthy season (impossible, I know). :drink:

Oh, dude, you just went WAAAAAAAY up in the rank of my HH brethren! :drink: (Not only are you a fan of brews, boobies, and great music, but now you throw out the H word!)

My team is the Pittsburgh Penguins. I've been into hockey for almost 20 years now. (WOW! That makes me feel kind of old. lol) Just got into hockey about a year before they won their first Stanley Cup. And that pulled me in really quickly. Stuck with them through the lean years. Looks like they'll be around for a few more years. (Damn Hossa! We coulda been a contenda'! lol)

I think it's too late now, but next season, you should join our HH fantasy hockey league. We got 6 this year. Love to have another!

Good luck to your team as well!

Hurricanes!!!!!

Oh, dude, you just went WAAAAAAAY up in the rank of my HH brethren! :drink: (Not only are you a fan of brews, boobies, and great music, but now you throw out the H word!)

My team is the Pittsburgh Penguins. I've been into hockey for almost 20 years now. (WOW! That makes me feel kind of old. lol) Just got into hockey about a year before they won their first Stanley Cup. And that pulled me in really quickly. Stuck with them through the lean years. Looks like they'll be around for a few more years. (Damn Hossa! We coulda been a contenda'! lol)

I think it's too late now, but next season, you should join our HH fantasy hockey league. We got 6 this year. Love to have another!

Good luck to your team as well!

My sister and brother-in -law live in Pittsburgh and he does medical for a lot of the Penguins. Been to a few games up there (plenty of baseball) but the 'birds are my second fav. Pulled for them hard last year and I think you guys are on the rise. This thread will be continued. :drink:

Ah, hockey! My favorite sport. I was the biggest Winnipeg Jets fan in probably the tri-state area until they moved to Arizona. Now that Minnesota has a team again I have become a giant fan of the Wild. It was tough to watch them play as well as they did last year during the regular season and then have them piss it down their leg against Colorado in the first round. Now we have that cheapskate owner Leopold or whatever his name is that ran the Preds into the ground and sold them. Then we lose Rolston and Demitra to free agency, and to top it off we are still farting around trying to sign Gaborik (personally I'd rather trade the little injury prone punk but we would never get fair value for him). So needless to say my expectations are pretty low this year with numerous 2-1 losses I'm sure. But I still love 'em!

Ah, hockey! My favorite sport. I was the biggest Winnipeg Jets fan in probably the tri-state area until they moved to Arizona. Now that Minnesota has a team again I have become a giant fan of the Wild. It was tough to watch them play as well as they did last year during the regular season and then have them piss it down their leg against Colorado in the first round. Now we have that cheapskate owner Leopold or whatever his name is that ran the Preds into the ground and sold them. Then we lose Rolston and Demitra to free agency, and to top it off we are still farting around trying to sign Gaborik (personally I'd rather trade the little injury prone punk but we would never get fair value for him). So needless to say my expectations are pretty low this year with numerous 2-1 losses I'm sure. But I still love 'em!

Loyalty, I love that. Take your shots. Shit talking will not come from my mouth (or my keyboard). I know how hard it is to put together a winning team. Stick with 'em Blue. You've got my support. :drink:

Loyalty, I love that. Take your shots. Shit talking will not come from my mouth (or my keyboard). I know how hard it is to put together a winning team. Stick with 'em Blue. You've got my support. :drink:

Agreed. Rick has definitely been a Wild-die hard around here. And the homer-ism is DEFINITELY appreciated. I'll always be a fan, no matter how shitty they are and how much I'm stuck with 'em, of the Browns, Indians, and Penguins.

And Clutch, the absence of negativity is VERY appreciated, at least by me. :beerbang:

Agreed. Rick has definitely been a Wild-die hard around here. And the homer-ism is DEFINITELY appreciated. I'll always be a fan, no matter how shitty they are and how much I'm stuck with 'em, of the Browns, Indians, and Penguins.

And Clutch, the absence of negativity is VERY appreciated, at least by me. :beerbang:

Thanks bro! I'm a firm believer in positivity. Don't go much for the negative stuff. Give effort, that's all I ask for. And, hsf, your avatar is a (biased) stunning vision. Once again. Cheers bro.... :drink:

Thanks bro! I'm a firm believer in positivity. Don't go much for the negative stuff. Give effort, that's all I ask for. And, hsf, your avatar is a (biased) stunning vision. Once again. Cheers bro.... :drink:

As long as I have an audience, I'll keep working for the top notch stuff. lol

I'll see what I can dig up here soon. :tumbsup:

Hockey Season Eve... my favorite holiday. By far hockey is my favorite sport to actually watch.... And you don't have the drama with whiney players and over-blown egos like all other major sports.

Years ago... and I do mean years ago, I was Quebec Nordiques fan. That was before the expansion Washing Capitals came to town. Since season one I've been a huge Caps fan. I've seens some pretty low times being a fan of the Capitals. Although there was the year they reached the Stanley Cup only to lose to the Red Wings. Was one of the most heartbreaking sports feelings ever sitting in the stands as they lost the 4th game and the Stanley Cup series to Detroit.

That being said... thing began looking up when Alex Ovechkin was drafted by the Caps a couple years ago. The wins didn't come right away but at least it was exciting to watch the Caps again. After last years furious finish, winning 11 of 12 games to win their division, I'm holding my head high in hopes that this just may be my year.

Beyond this year... The Capitals have started to make major commitments to their players with competitive salaries and long term contracts. With a little luck... they may become one of the elite teams in the league.

Bring on the season...

LETS - G0 - CAPS :popcorn:

Huge hockey fan from the mid-70's. My favorite team is a perennial loser and presently has a circus atmosphere, but I did get to see them win 4 Cups in a row in the early 80's. I just hope their new coach and youth movement pays off big dividends in the next feww seasons.

Yes you guessed it- The New York Islanders.....

Hockey Season Eve... my favorite holiday. By far hockey is my favorite sport to actually watch.... And you don't have the drama with whiney players and over-blown egos like all other major sports.

Years ago... and I do mean years ago, I was Quebec Nordiques fan. That was before the expansion Washing Capitals came to town. Since season one I've been a huge Caps fan. I've seens some pretty low times being a fan of the Capitals. Although there was the year they reached the Stanley Cup only to lose to the Red Wings. Was one of the most heartbreaking sports feelings ever sitting in the stands as they lost the 4th game and the Stanley Cup series to Detroit.

That being said... thing began looking up when Alex Ovechkin was drafted by the Caps a couple years ago. The wins didn't come right away but at least it was exciting to watch the Caps again. After last years furious finish, winning 11 of 12 games to win their division, I'm holding my head high in hopes that this just may be my year.

Beyond this year... The Capitals have started to make major commitments to their players with competitive salaries and long term contracts. With a little luck... they may become one of the elite teams in the league.

Bring on the season...

LETS - G0 - CAPS :popcorn:

Ovechkin pretty much dismantled us all last year. He is truly one of the best players in the league.

Just under an hour til the premier of the hockey season (at least the non-European BS premier) for the 2008-2009 NHL seasons on Versus!

Gonna finish dinner, grab some Coors Light and just fucking enjoy!

Hope all ya hockey fans get to do something similar! :drink:

To all hockey fans, take note:

On Versus (and maybe elsewhere too), they have a new commercial for NHL.com and a segment called "On the road" with Carrie Milbank. And just in case you might not be interested in watching, I thought I'd throw you a sneak peak into what you'd be missing:

carrie_milbank_sm.jpg

CB4.jpg

CB3.jpg

CB5.jpg

CB1.jpg

CB2.jpg

To all hockey fans, take note:

On Versus (and maybe elsewhere too), they have a new commercial for NHL.com and a segment called "On the road" with Carrie Milbank. And just in case you might not be interested in watching, I thought I'd throw you a sneak peak into what you'd be missing:

carrie_milbank_sm.jpg

CB4.jpg

CB3.jpg

CB5.jpg

CB1.jpg

CB2.jpg

Damnation. Hotter than two rats fucking in a wool sock!!!!!

Damnation. Hotter than two rats fucking in a wool sock!!!!!

Nice! Never heard that one before.

(If that's not a reason to check hockey out, I don't know what is!)

Toronto beat Detroit? WTF?

All the leagues I started Ozzie in? That's just bullshit!

(I wonder what the final score of the Boston/Colorado game will be. 2-2 after one. Could be a high scorer!)

My Bruins started off the season with a win........5-4 over Colorado.....hopefully this is a sign that they will have a good season......

Minny opens their season Saturday at home against them. I hope Boston has a good year, but a bad Saturday.

My Bruins started off the season with a win........5-4 over Colorado.....hopefully this is a sign that they will have a good season......

Minny opens their season Saturday at home against them. I hope Boston has a good year, but a bad Saturday.

Maybe they will start Manny so he will have a chance to show his stuff to his former team.....

Maybe they will start Manny so he will have a chance to show his stuff to his former team.....

Is he healthy? If so will he be their main goalie this year? He certainly was good when he played for the Wild.

Went out tonight. Not one damn hockey game on. American society sucks. People need to learn to get into hockey. WTF?

Can't wait to see tomorrow's rankings on fantasy hockey and how I did.

Some high-powered games tonight. Must have been fun to watch. I wonder what effect they had in the fantasy hockey world.