Axel Rudi Pell - Tales of the Crown

Mullethead

Best release since Eternal Prisoner in my opinion. Production is great and the band is tight. Can't miss with this one ;)

This must be his new release, how does it compare to Mystica?

I think it blows it out of the water.

Yeah, I heard it too. Another good album from ARP. This one maybe sounds a little better than recent efforts, even though I think it may have missed that one really killer track. Still, consistent all the way through and another good effort.

• 2 months later...

Okay I just got this one in the mail after having a copy for a few months and damn this is one of my fav cds of 2008 and no one seems to be talking about it. Every song is just amazing with just great vocals and guitar playing. "Touching my Soul" is one of the top songs of the year for me. :bowdown:

i'll get it like usual but he can't top magic. it's magic!

I've never heard Magic maybe I should pick it up. :tumbsup:

It's good but not as good as the new one. You should pick that one up!

I probably need to hunt down all of the ARP catalog because I'm loving "Tales of the Crown". :banger:

• My Little Pony

I probably need to hunt down all of the ARP catalog because I'm loving "Tales of the Crown". :banger:

Alls I know is I need to pick something up - and soon!

well, if i wanted to start from the beginning getting the a.r.pell discography i should get the triplet: between the walls-black moon pyramid- magic with mr. soto and then oceans of time with mr. joelli. after those, i believe that the "magic" is lost.

well, if i wanted to start from the beginning getting the a.r.pell discography i should get the triplet: between the walls-black moon pyramid- magic with mr. soto and then oceans of time with mr. joelli. after those, i believe that the "magic" is lost.

I would have to majorly disagree. I would pick up their first three cd's ending it with their best release Eternal Prisoner.

I would have to majorly disagree. I would pick up their first three cd's ending it with their best release Eternal Prisoner.

"Eternal Prisoner" is awesome too and is the only other one I've heard but I think I might like the new one more, but I guess time will tell.

HAHA! I own pretty much every single ARP disc and enjoy them all moderately... wait for it... except 'Magic'!!! I HATED that CD and even though, as I said, I have most his CDs, I did not even want to keep it for the sake of a complete discography, it was that bad. I sold it and will never hope to retrieve it. 'Turned to stone' was all I could bare to hear off that one - the rest was total garbage, imo.

Anyway, the new album is a good one, but yeah, can't really separate it from most his recent ones. I still prefer his earlier work too.