Pariah - To Mock a Killingbird

heaven&hell

Anyone else love this rocking disc? For me it was always one of the great albums of the early 90's.

I remember Metal Edge pumping this one up for what seemed like two years before it came out but when it came out the scene was over and then one of the Ellison brothers killed himself, I can't remember if it was Kyle or Sims. To bad because this band kicked ass IMO and were great for those that loved bands that stradled the line between Hard Rock and Metal like Skid Row. I know these guys were legends in the Austin scene. Has any of our HH members from Texas seen these guys back in the day or met any of the guys before?

Another one I haven't heard in years. I think I thought it was okay but not sure if I thought too much of it... hence it not featuring much in my stereo. I should give it another listen.

Great band! They should have been bigger. Sahm is still active in music, he also has a myspace page. :)

:puke:

WTF? Are you kidding me? Has aliens kidnapped my friend Jarred?

Surely he hit the wrong smiley and it should of looked something like this. :banger: or even this :headbanger:

I'll check it out again but I bought it at a pawn shop years ago & I thought it blew. If I like it now, I'll take it back ;)

Bought the tape 100 years ago and pkayed the shite out of it. Great band,great sound and Wes is on target with the description of To Mock A Killingbird (great album title even). Nab the Make Believe CD that was released in 92 by the band, this to is a winner!

Unfortunately bad timing on these releases, a few years earlier and who knows...

Bought the tape 100 years ago and pkayed the shite out of it. Great band,great sound and Wes is on target with the description of To Mock A Killingbird (great album title even). Nab the Make Believe CD that was released in 92 by the band, this to is a winner!

Unfortunately bad timing on these releases, a few years earlier and who knows...

Nice to see another person around here with good taste. :headbanger:

Nice to see another person around here with good taste. :headbanger:

True dat, brother... :bowdown:

• 1 year later...

These guys were good. Actually saw them in the USA back in the day. They put on a great show. It was Sims who killed himself. He suffered from depression and the band being dropped from their label quickly after the release of the this CD made him break. These guy had enough songs for multiple albums after this CD.

Shandon Sahm, the drummer, sings in a 70's type band now. Him and the others are still actively playing around in different bands.

On another related note: Shandon's brother Shawn, a guitarist, had a cool band also back in the day called PREZENCE (which unfortunately is still being bootlegged by Rock-It/Time Warp Records to this day. :bigboom: )

PARIAH and PREZENCE were both cool bands everyone should check out. Although PARIAH was abit more sleazier before the 'TO MOCK...' CD.

These guys were good. Actually saw them in the USA back in the day. They put on a great show. It was Sims who killed himself. He suffered from depression and the band being dropped from their label quickly after the release of the this CD made him break. These guy had enough songs for multiple albums after this CD.

Shandon Sahm, the drummer, sings in a 70's type band now. Him and the others are still actively playing around in different bands.

On another related note: Shandon's brother Shawn, a guitarist, had a cool band also back in the day called PREZENCE (which unfortunately is still being bootlegged by Rock-It/Time Warp Records to this day. :bigboom: )

PARIAH and PREZENCE were both cool bands everyone should check out. Although PARIAH was abit more sleazier before the 'TO MOCK...' CD.

Thanks for the info Suicide. :drink: