NFL 08 (the "no Brady season")

66 mustang

so we start our first week without Tom Brady pulling the triger in NE and along with him and the other injuries in the AFC so far how have things changed? Do the Chargers lose some luster without Merriman? Is Manning really going to be 100% with the Colts? Are the Jags really for real? At least we have the Steelers still doing what the Steelers do. Has the power shifted to the NFC?

the Jets / Pats game could be fun today. I would love to see THAT EGOTISTICAL MORON have a good day but want Thomas Jones to have a HUGE game.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That Packers/Lions game was crazy. The Pack scored 24 points in the last 5 minutes.

Thank God I started Aaron Rodgers this week over Carson Palmer, cause Aaron had a great game.

The Colts/Vikes game seemed like a good one too with a great finish.

Carolina pulled out another comeback but if it wasn't for stupid penalties in the first half that called back a few big plays and a punt block for a td, they wouldn't of been behind in the first place.

Broncos have started out fast so far against the Chargers, 14-3, but we'll see if they can keep it up and keep the Chargers Offense from scoring a bunch of points.

Holy jeez what a game between the Broncos and Chargers!

The outcome will be in dispute because of the two calls that went against SD, but sure as heck was fun game to watch! Unless maybe you're a Chargers fan.

(I gotta feel for them. I know how that feels, to a degree, with the Buckeyes getting screwed last year with the Illinois "non-fumble" that wasn't reviewed and possibly/probably led to their loss to the Illini.)

The outcome will be in dispute because of the two calls that went against SD, but sure as heck was fun game to watch! Unless maybe you're a Chargers fan.

(I gotta feel for them. I know how that feels, to a degree, with the Buckeyes getting screwed last year with the Illinois "non-fumble" that wasn't reviewed and possibly/probably led to their loss to the Illini.)

I'm a diehard Bronco fan and I'll admit they were both horrible calls, but what a f#@king game.

To not only be able to score on a 4th a goal from the 10 yard line but to have the balls to go for two and then get it. Yeah the two bad calls will be talked about for a while by NFL and Charger fans. While I'm very happy with the Bronco's offense their defense sucks again. Very little pass rush and poor takling will not get them very far. Going back to last year this teams defense gives up way to many leads. To be ahead 21-3 there is no way you should let a team come back in the NFL.

Kudos to Brandon Marshall for breaking Rod Smith's team record of catches in a game. :tumbsup:

Definitely some fun games today. Was hoping the Patriots would lose, but the Jets let me down.

Some surprises thus far: Both the Cardinals and the Bills are 2-0... whodathunk?

-Dan

Yeah that Jets game suprised me, I was sure they'd be a team with Matt Cassel at QB.

It looks like even with Cassel they might have a strong enough supporting cast to still win a bunch of games.

The Cards being 2-0 so far don't suprise me as much as the Bills do.

And I'll go ahead and ask the question, What is wrong with the Jags?????

I'm a diehard Bronco fan and I'll admit they were both horrible calls, but what a f#@king game.

To not only be able to score on a 4th a goal from the 10 yard line but to have the balls to go for two and then get it. Yeah the two bad calls will be talked about for a while by NFL and Charger fans. While I'm very happy with the Bronco's offense their defense sucks again. Very little pass rush and poor takling will not get them very far. Going back to last year this teams defense gives up way to many leads. To be ahead 21-3 there is no way you should let a team come back in the NFL.

Kudos to Brandon Marshall for breaking Rod Smith's team record of catches in a game. :tumbsup:

I second each of the points above......lots to like about the offense, except Cutler's two odd implosions near the goal line, but the defense IS worrisome. Kick coverage continues to be a problem too....But beating the Chargers for first time in 2 + seasons is fuc*in' awesome, no other way to put it :lol::lol::lol::lol:

I second each of the points above......lots to like about the offense, except Cutler's two odd implosions near the goal line, but the defense IS worrisome. Kick coverage continues to be a problem too....But beating the Chargers for first time in 2 + seasons is fuc*in' awesome, no other way to put it :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Yeah I forgot to mention the kick coverage but it's sucked for the last few seasons. :doh:

Eagles looked good in the loss Monday, although I think the Eagles gave that game away. They clearly had the upper hand in the 4th quarter but that stupid turnover killed it. Also, could the Eagles PLEASE buy some pass defense? That portion of the game looked ugly.

-Dan

There may be no Brady this year...But if the Patriots keep winning I'm gonna get pretty sick of hearing about Matt Castle.

And I would have never thought that after 2 weeks both of my teams would be undefeated...

Baltimore 1-0

Arizona 2-0

I got a little more faith in Kurt Warner then Joe Flacco... but who knows? Just glad they don't play each other again this year. Actually with alot of luck... Maybe they will. :lol:

I'm a Falcons fan of 37 years which means predicated to a world of shit. No nasty comments please, pulling for the Falcons is quite enough. On a side note, I live in NC and the Panthers look pretty decent right now.

• 2023 Gold Donors
I'm a Falcons fan of 37 years which means predicated to a world of shit. No nasty comments please, pulling for the Falcons is quite enough. On a side note, I live in NC and the Panthers look pretty decent right now.

Ruff,Ruff...Bow,Wow...Grrr,Grrr.Your lucky Vick isn't there he couldn't hit an open receiver to save his life :lol:

Ruff,Ruff...Bow,Wow...Grrr,Grrr.Your lucky Vick isn't there he couldn't hit an open receiver to save his life :lol:

Throw it right over his head. A cannon shot for sure but accurate? No chance. And I'm a dog lover which made me even more sick. Like I said, a world of shit. :crying:

Broncos just got a lucky break again when Gramatica missed his second field goal.

Very lucky to survive that game after their D couldn't stop a pee wee football team.

They looked great on O in the first half but slowed down in the second half just like last week.

Well their 3-0 which is 2 wins better than I thought they'd be right now so I can't complain to much.

Things are so topsy-turvy right now, I'm not even bothering trying to see everything. I'm doing other stuff. Just watched the Clowns' debacle versus Baltimore. (Dave should be VERY happy when he comes home. lol)

Dolphins? WTF? Chicago? Who shows up this week? I finally bench Peyton and Eli has his worst week. I just don't know what do.

I give. COME ON HOCKEY!!!!!

Things are so topsy-turvy right now, I'm not even bothering trying to see everything. I'm doing other stuff. Just watched the Clowns' debacle versus Baltimore. (Dave should be VERY happy when he comes home. lol)

Dolphins? WTF? Chicago? Who shows up this week? I finally bench Peyton and Eli has his worst week. I just don't know what do.

I give. COME ON HOCKEY!!!!!

I luckily benched Carson Palmer last week in favor of Aaron Rodgers and am hoping Rodgers has good week again. It also looks like I've made the right decision of benching Willis Mcgahee last week in favor of Julius Jones, who is starting to look like a pro bowler now that he's a featured back. The 49ers offensive improvement is also helping me since they've been getting Gore in the end zone and throwing the ball to Bruce.

Uh, I was gonna type something........hsf's avatar.......lost train of though...........

lol :tumbsup:

The Browns are 0-3. The Lions are 0-3. I'm taking it, without lube, in almost everything in fantasy sports, it seems. So, I really don't have much interest in FB right now.

(Maybe I'll just go look for another good avatar. I seem to be doing better at that than anything football-related.)

Didn't want to clog up any individual team threads with this, but WTF is going on in football this weekend? (First college and now the NFL.)

The day, and afternoon games, aren't over yet, so I hesitate to speculate, but there's some wacky shit going on.

Kansas City stepping up and knocking off the Broncos (who surely exhibited weaknesses, but KANSAS CITY?) for their first win.

The Jets putting up 56 (FIFTY-SIX!!!!) points on Arizona. Sure Arizona's D's weaknesses were exposed by Washington, but FIFTY-SIX points? Damn!

Oakland shutting out SD through the first half. OK, there's still a half (or less now) left, but still. Is SD single-handedly trying to save Lane Kiffin' job?

And St. Louis leading Buffalo at the half. Linehan's job might be gone anyway, but will this lend any credence to the benching of Bulger being a good move? Will it lead to further QB discussions for the Rams later this year?

And the Redskins going in at half with a TD lead. (Which was just elimated with a T.O. TD.)

I mean, seriously, it's just a frickin' toss up anymore. Flip a coin in the pools or pick 'em leagues. You've got as good a shot as trying to analyze the game.

Kansas City stepping up and knocking off the Broncos (who surely exhibited weaknesses, but KANSAS CITY?) for their first win.

Being a life long Bronco fan that game didn't suprise me one bit.

Considering how awful they usually play in KC and that Shanahan is now 3-11 in KC as the Bronco's coach.

Denver's rush defense put them in a huge hole to start the game and then what seemed like 10 turnovers did them in. Yeah they have a good offense but until they get a better D they aint going to far. On the upside the average age of the team is something like 26, so they should get better.