NFL 08 (the "no Brady season")

66 mustang

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Lions are really playing the Vikes this close? lol (I'd love to see this game. Nah, kidding. I'm TOTALLY enamored with this great Browns/Titans game. lol)

Honestly, I'm just as, if not more, interested in the race for the winless as I am in who makes the playoffs. I'd like to bank on the Lions taking the 1st pick, but A) they've done SOOOOOO well with that over the past half-decade plus and B) it'd be like them to pull out a win or two and blow it. But seriously, are YOU gonna be the losers that couldn't beat the Lions?

And I wish the Browns would've officially packed it in awhile ago and tried to go for a higher draft pick. As it stand now, they're picking #10. (They will move up at least to 9 as San Diego won. And with a little help this afternoon from San Fran, they could move up to #8.) And, I know there have been injuries and other factors, but I'm thinking that it's got to be about time to call an end to the Romeo "Emotionlessman" Crennel experiment in Cleveland. I mean, I don't know how much more time you give the guy.

It'll be interesting to see who declares for the draft and not, but I'm thinking the Browns have to go defense first. If they keep their late early-mid first round status, and if Shaun Rogers stays healthy, with other high picks they've had (D'Qwell Jackson and Kamerion Wimbley; heck even Sean Jones and Brodney pool are second rounders), they could shore up a unit that's been shredded. Then maybe the Phil Dawson will have enough support to win the games by himself. :doh:

:help:

** Come to think of it, with Jamal Lewis aging and struggling, maybe they need to go with a running back. There are possibilities that a good back will be left by their pick. If Beanie Wells, Knowshon Moreno, and LeSean McCoy come out, Moreno or McCoy could be left by 9, or earlier, if the Browns are smart and tank their way even a bit higher. If Quinn can come in and stay healthy, he had the offense clicking better. If Edwards figures out his dropsies and Winslow can stay healthy (HA!), they have a shot a good-very good offense, particularly if they all get to work together in the pre-season. Hmm, what WILL they do?

** Come to think of it, with Jamal Lewis aging and struggling, maybe they need to go with a running back. There are possibilities that a good back will be left by their pick. If Beanie Wells, Knowshon Moreno, and LeSean McCoy come out, Moreno or McCoy could be left by 9, or earlier, if the Browns are smart and tank their way even a bit higher. If Quinn can come in and stay healthy, he had the offense clicking better. If Edwards figures out his dropsies and Winslow can stay healthy (HA!), they have a shot a good-very good offense, particularly if they all get to work together in the pre-season. Hmm, what WILL they do?

I think Beanie Wells would be a good fit if they pick him.

I'm not sure if he'd be left by when they pick, even if they tank the last 4 games. Then again, I suppose someone may question durability with him, but still, I don't see him lasting too long. (Then again, that's what everyone thought about Brady Quinn too.)

I'm not sure if he'd be left by when they pick, even if they tank the last 4 games. Then again, I suppose someone may question durability with him, but still, I don't see him lasting too long. (Then again, that's what everyone thought about Brady Quinn too.)

I believe the durablility question came up with Adrian Peterson as well, but I'm sure those that had that question regret it now. :lol:

I'm more blown away at how good the QBs are in the college ranks this year and most of them are Juniors and Sophmores. Of couse with the spread offense it's hard to tell who will be good at the next level. I personally think that one day Sanchez from USC could be a good NFL QB. He's one of the few guys that play in a pro style offense but I think it will take a few years as a backup for him to reach that level.

I feel like Chase Daniel is a winner but it with him only being 5'11'' and having played only in the spread it's hard to say if it he'd be good at the next level.

Anyone getting the Steelers/Cowboys? OT? Can the 'Boys really get into FG range in 2 minutes?

This should be good! (Although damn them for delaying the BCS selection show.)

Anyone getting the Steelers/Cowboys? OT? Can the 'Boys really get into FG range in 2 minutes?

This should be good! (Although damn them for delaying the BCS selection show.)

They didn't carry that game out here.

I'm guessing since the Bronco's were on they didn't want to have a game opposite it on another network.

Of course after the first game they said coming up the Cowboys and Steelers but someone forgot to inform the local cable company. :doh:

Holy crap! Super Romo's gonna have a hard time living this one down!

There's literally less than 2 minutes and NOW they have to get a touchdown. Unbelievable!

Broncos Running Back Peyton Hillis is now on IR and out for the season.

So this week Tatum Bell(who was selling cell phones in the mall 3 weeks ago) will be their 6th Running back of the season. With all these damn injuries they are very fortunate to 8-5.

So this week Tatum Bell(who was selling cell phones in the mall 3 weeks ago) will be their 6th Running back of the season. With all these damn injuries they are very fortunate to 8-5.

Is Maurice Clarett out of jail yet? :ahole:

(Sorry, not as funny to you as it is me, probably. Just making fun of another former Buckeye's trouble with the law. And since he was with the Broncos for a pre-season cup of coffee.)

IRL, though, that's crazy; 6 RB of the season.

(Sorry, not as funny to you as it is me, probably. Just making fun of another former Buckeye's trouble with the law. And since he was with the Broncos for a pre-season cup of coffee.)

No... That was funny. :bananamac:

I would guess that if one team in the NFL could keep their head above water and be on the 6th starting running back it would be Denver. They have been able to plug just about anyone in at RB and make it work.

No... That was funny. :bananamac:

I would guess that if one team in the NFL could keep their head above water and be on the 6th starting running back it would be Denver. They have been able to plug just about anyone in at RB and make it work.

I agree that was funny. :lol:

The sad thing is I thought that Clarrett would actually work well in Denver but the guy was just a worthless piece of shit and lazy on top of that. To bad because he had talent when he was a frosh at OSU.

My parents went to the Panthers/ Bucs game in Charlotte on Monday. My old man says it was THE best game he has ever been to, period. It was cold as fuck that night and he said he ended up taking off he coat. I'm sure the beer and yelling his ass off had nothing to do with that. Me, I'm a Falcons fan so I was still licking my wounds from the Saints game.

I can't believe the Chiefs blew that game. :doh:

If the Chargers win out and the Broncos lose out then the Chargers will win the division. :2up:

Of course even if the Broncos do make the playoffs their isn't anyone that they could beat anyway.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2023 Gold Donors
for the Pats not to make the playoffs this year is crazy.

Yeah...with their record being 11-5-its asinine.Also one of the biggest insults to injury is the Chargers getting in with an 8-8 record..and they get to host the 12-4 Colts.NFL has to change the rules cause they're asleep at the d*mn wheel.