Did you ever see these in concert?

Faron

Some people over the pond may have caught Wrabit ,as they supported Black Sabbath on a few gigs on the 'Mob Rules' tour (not sure if that was just the Canadian leg though). Would love to know how they were live.

Have Night Ranger ever toured over here in the UK? Same with Survivor pre '88 and I'm pretty sure Toronto never made it over here either.

Would have loved to have seen Maiden with Dianno (I had the chance but didn't go) but I only saw them with Bruce, first on the 'Number Of The Beast' tour at Hammersmith, then years later on.

I am certain Night Ranger played over here in 1985 as I went to see Foreigner I read they were support for some earlier shows but at the NEC I think it was Terraplane!

I was so disappointed! :(

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Blackfoot Pre 1983 - Saw them at Monsters of Rock 1981 & Marauder Tour - Hull & London Hammersmith (the night they recorded the Live album)

Have also seen:

Scorpions 'Lovedrive' Tour

Rush 'Hemispheres' Tour

AC/DC 'Let There Be Rock'

Black Sabbath 'Heaven & Hell' Tour

Boston - Don't Look Back tour

plus:

UFO 7 times

Thin Lizzy 8 Times

Gillan 5 Times

plus many more.

The sad thing is I had a diary of the shows I'd been too, but lost it somewhere between house moves.

I keep getting flashbacks, when I having a beer with mates and they say...do you remember that time we

saw !!!!!! etc and I go oh yeah - how did I miss that one.

Best show for me was Diamond Head in 1981 at Cromer West Runton Pavillion , just signed to MCA and were playing the whole of the Borrowed Time album, most of the white album and a couple they later recorded for Canterbury. That night they played for 2 hours and did 4 encores. I thought they were unstoppable - history proved otherwise.

Blackfoot Pre 1983 - Saw them at Monsters of Rock 1981 & Marauder Tour - Hull & London Hammersmith (the night they recorded the Live album)

Have also seen:

Rush 'Hemispheres' Tour

plus:

UFO 7 times

Thin Lizzy 8 Times

Gillan 5 Times

plus many more.

The sad thing is I had a diary of the shows I'd been too, but lost it somewhere between house moves.

I keep getting flashbacks, when I having a beer with mates and they say...do you remember that time we

Best show for me was Diamond Head in 1981 at Cromer West Runton Pavillion , just signed to MCA and were playing the whole of the Borrowed Time album, most of the white album and a couple they later recorded for Canterbury. That night they played for 2 hours and did 4 encores. I thought they were unstoppable - history proved otherwise.

Some great ones mate, you must as old as Jez! :lol:

Scorps - Lovedrive, my dad went to this and said it was a cracker :tumbsup:

Excellent mate :tumbsup:

Night Ranger in 86 or 87

Classic Night Ranger, what tour was it mate?

One of my favourite bands I`ve never had the good fortune to see :tumbsup:

Big Life - Secret Of My Success was a hit at the time

Thanks mate, do you remember how good it was? :tumbsup:

to me it was just amazing. But you must take into account that it was only my 2nd concert and I was really not sure what was good and bad at the time.

Wish I`d of been there mate :bowdown:

Blackfoot Pre 1983 -

Yes - Dunstable Queensway Hall on the 'Marauder' tour (The same tour as 'Highway Song' Live Album)

Reo Speedwagon with Gary Richrath -

Yes - Hammersmith Odeon on the 'Wheels Keep Turning' Tour

Styx with Dennis DeYoung -

Yes - 'Paradise Theater' Tour at Wembley

Have also seen:

Scorpions 'Blackout' Tour

Rush 'Signls' Tour (I think)

AC/DC 'For Those About To Rock Tour (+ Y&T)

Blizzard Of Ozz - First album Tour with Randy Rhodes

Your old. :whistle:

I was going to say the same thing. :nyanya:

Old & wise maybe, but warm, giving and handsome aswell!! And did I ever tell ya I can bounce grapes of my ass :D

yes yes, grapes off the arse. belive it when i see it. :nyanya:

Blackfoot Pre 1983 -

Yes - Dunstable Queensway Hall on the 'Marauder' tour (The same tour as 'Highway Song' Live Album)

Have also seen:

Old & wise maybe, but warm, giving and handsome aswell!! And did I ever tell ya I can bounce grapes of my ass :D

Hey Slack! Jealousy will get you nowhere!! :lol:

Blackfoot Pre 1983 -

Have also seen:

Hey Slack! Jealousy will get you nowhere!! :lol:

But he also peels the grapes as he goes.......AMAZING!!!!!!!

I saw Journey with Glass Tiger as the opener. Both were pretty good.

Who was singing for Journey? :tumbsup:

It was Steve Perry. I believe 1987 was the year. He sounded good when I saw them. I heard he can't hit the notes anymore.

I saw Journey with Glass Tiger as the opener. Both were pretty good.

Who was singing for Journey? :tumbsup:

It was Steve Perry. I believe 1987 was the year. He sounded good when I saw them. I heard he can't hit the notes anymore.

Lucky chap, I never had the great fortune to see Journey and/or Perry :tumbsup:

Scorpions with Ulrich Roth ~ Didn't see

UFO with Schenker (Pre 1978) ~ Didn't see Pre 1978. I did see them with Schenker on a reunion deal.. don't really remember when. Mid to late 90's sometime.

Led Zeppelin ~ I wish... but No.

Rush - Pre Permanent Waves ~ Nope...first saw the "Grace Under Pressure" tour.

Blackfoot Pre 1983 ~ Many times. Ricky Medlocke was from maryland and played around here all the time.

Reo Speedwagon with Gary Richrath ~ "Nine Lives" tour, "Hi Infidelity" tour, "Good Trouble" tour, "Wheels Are Turnin'" tour, "Life As We Know It" tour 4 times.

Styx with Dennis DeYoung ~ Nope... and I prefer Gowan anyways. About 5 or 6 times with Gowan.

Night Ranger Pre 1988 ~ I have seen Night Ranger at least once on every tour exept "Feeding Off The Mojo" (Did they even tour with that release?) Guess I have seen them close to 20 times.

Toronto (Big Ask) ~ Never

Wrabit (Big Ask) ~ Never... I most likely would have but never heard of them touring in my area.

AC/DC with Bon Scott ~ Ummm... NO. :whistle:

Black Sabbath with OZZY (Pre 1980) ~ Never

Survivor Pre 1988 ~ Yes...Twice. Both as an opening act..Once for Heart and I don't remember who else.

Iron Maiden with Paul Dianno ~ Didn't see. Only saw Maiden one time on the "Power Slave" tour.

Some great shows there mate :tumbsup:

Rush - Grace Under Pressure Tour is another that passed me by, got into Rush a couple of years after this :tumbsup:

Reo Speedwagon, I bet were some great shows, would of loved to have seen some of those mate :bowdown:

Night Ranger, every tour mate, fantastic, which ones stood out? :tumbsup:

Survivor with Jimmi Jamison or Dave Bickler? Either way, I would have loved to have seen these :bowdown:

Iron Maiden - Powerslave tour, this is the one tour I would have liked to have seen, saw them for the first time on the next tour! :tumbsup:

As far as the Night Ranger shows... I'd have to say that the "Dawn Patrol" tour and the "Seven Wishes" tour were my favorites. The 'Dawn Patrol" was in a small club and I was right up front. The "Seven Wishes" tour was fantastic and the sound was great at the theatre where I saw that tour.

Both times prior to 1988 I saw Survivor was with Jamison... I saw the "Vital Signs" and "When Seconds Count" tours. I wish that I had seen them headline a show prior to 1988, but both times I saw them they were the opening act.

Me too - that was a great gig.

Should have gone to see them on this tour but was too busy breakdancing at the local night spots :anon:

Scorpions with Ulrich Roth ~ Didn't see

UFO with Schenker (Pre 1978) ~ Didn't see Pre 1978. I did see them with Schenker on a reunion deal.. don't really remember when. Mid to late 90's sometime.

Led Zeppelin ~ I wish... but No.

Rush - Pre Permanent Waves ~ Nope...first saw the "Grace Under Pressure" tour.

Blackfoot Pre 1983 ~ Many times. Ricky Medlocke was from maryland and played around here all the time.

Reo Speedwagon with Gary Richrath ~ "Nine Lives" tour, "Hi Infidelity" tour, "Good Trouble" tour, "Wheels Are Turnin'" tour, "Life As We Know It" tour 4 times.

Styx with Dennis DeYoung ~ Nope... and I prefer Gowan anyways. About 5 or 6 times with Gowan.

Night Ranger Pre 1988 ~ I have seen Night Ranger at least once on every tour exept "Feeding Off The Mojo" (Did they even tour with that release?) Guess I have seen them close to 20 times.

Toronto (Big Ask) ~ Never

Wrabit (Big Ask) ~ Never... I most likely would have but never heard of them touring in my area.

AC/DC with Bon Scott ~ Ummm... NO. :whistle:

Black Sabbath with OZZY (Pre 1980) ~ Never

Survivor Pre 1988 ~ Yes...Twice. Both as an opening act..Once for Heart and I don't remember who else.

Iron Maiden with Paul Dianno ~ Didn't see. Only saw Maiden one time on the "Power Slave" tour.

Some great shows there mate :tumbsup:

Rush - Grace Under Pressure Tour is another that passed me by, got into Rush a couple of years after this :tumbsup:

Reo Speedwagon, I bet were some great shows, would of loved to have seen some of those mate :bowdown:

Night Ranger, every tour mate, fantastic, which ones stood out? :tumbsup:

Survivor with Jimmi Jamison or Dave Bickler? Either way, I would have loved to have seen these :bowdown:

Iron Maiden - Powerslave tour, this is the one tour I would have liked to have seen, saw them for the first time on the next tour! :tumbsup:

As far as the Night Ranger shows... I'd have to say that the "Dawn Patrol" tour and the "Seven Wishes" tour were my favorites. The 'Dawn Patrol" was in a small club and I was right up front. The "Seven Wishes" tour was fantastic and the sound was great at the theatre where I saw that tour.

Both times prior to 1988 I saw Survivor was with Jamison... I saw the "Vital Signs" and "When Seconds Count" tours. I wish that I had seen them headline a show prior to 1988, but both times I saw them they were the opening act.

2 of my favourites bands in my favourite era, I`m very envious mate :bowdown:

Have also seen:

Rush 'Hemispheres' Tour

plus:

UFO 7 times

Thin Lizzy 8 Times

Gillan 5 Times

plus many more.

Thin Lizzy eight times????!!!!!!!! Vintage Lizzy with Lynott? Or the newer version? If I could pick one band of any era to see live it would be Lynott's Lizzy!

I did see Toronto at a festival back in 97 (I think) but Holly Woods was the one and only original. Still a good show. Foreigner was the headliner that night and Gramm's voice was shot. I was so disappointed. I consider him to have one of rock's finest signature voices and I had extremely high expectations going to see them. Oh well.

Have also seen:

Rush 'Hemispheres' Tour

plus:

UFO 7 times

Thin Lizzy 8 Times

Gillan 5 Times

plus many more.

Thin Lizzy eight times????!!!!!!!! Vintage Lizzy with Lynott? Or the newer version? If I could pick one band of any era to see live it would be Lynott's Lizzy!

I did see Toronto at a festival back in 97 (I think) but Holly Woods was the one and only original. Still a good show. Foreigner was the headliner that night and Gramm's voice was shot. I was so disappointed. I consider him to have one of rock's finest signature voices and I had extremely high expectations going to see them. Oh well.

The only person I`ve ever come across who`s seen Toronto in some form or other :bowdown:

I just missed out on seeing Toronto while over in the city of the same name in 1980 as I couldn't get my sister or her hubby to go to the gig with me ... I have no idea where it was venue wise but it was around Toronto area - but it was advertised all over the radio at the time Q107 I think was the station.

I just missed out on seeing Toronto while over in the city of the same name in 1980 as I couldn't get my sister or her hubby to go to the gig with me ... I have no idea where it was venue wise but it was around Toronto area - but it was advertised all over the radio at the time Q107 I think was the station.

Bet you kicked yourself over that Nick! :(

How good would that have been! :tumbsup:

Bet you kicked yourself over that Nick! :(

How good would that have been! :tumbsup:

I do now....I was just turned 18 no drivers licence and even if I had a licence I wouldv'e been shit scared driving to Toronto centre from Burlington or Oakville or wherever my sister lived (she's moved about 4 times she's in a place called Waterdown now) ....we were near the Guelph Highway or summat. I was also there in 77 when she lived in Port Robinson near St. Catherines right next to the Welland Canal.....but at 15 I was only into the Eagles and just getting into Aerosmith...anyway enuff history.

Anyway back to 1980 around the same time (I was over there for 3 months in the Summer) Streetheart were supporting AC/DC and Zon were up to something as the DJ said something like "Get out to see them they're a really great live band".

• 1 year later...
  • 2023 Gold Donors

Scorpions with Ulrich Roth No, I missed seein' him w/ the Scorp's by a few months, did see the Scorp's on their first US tour w/ Mathias, tho! DAMN GOOD!

UFO with Schenker (Pre 1978) Yes! & just a few months later he was gone to go solo. Helluva show....one I won't forget....in many ways....more so cuz of one wicked sunburn! :wacko:

Led Zeppelin Nope.

Rush - Pre Permanent Waves No, but how 'bout on the Permanent Waves tour itsself.....does that count for somethin'? ;)

Blackfoot Pre 1983 Yes! When they opened for the newly reformed Who way back in '80.

Reo Speedwagon with Gary Richrath YES! One extremely great, memorable & vivid show, Gary Richrath was a huge part of the success of that band, & imho, was underrated by quite a lot of folks for many years until the commerical releases of the early/mid 80's material.

(Molly Hatchet w/ the original members were the openin' act, too) :beerbang:

Styx with Dennis DeYoung No, came close a couple of times.

Night Ranger Pre 1988 No.

Toronto (Big Ask) No.

Wrabit (Big Ask) No.

AC/DC with Bon Scott No.

Black Sabbath with OZZY (Pre 1980) Yes! More then once, as well! First time, overall, was much better than the second. Also saw 'em a few years later w/o Ozzy, too. :banger:

Survivor Pre 1988 No.

Iron Maiden with Paul Dianno No.

Journey with Steve Perry (Missed this one off) No.

& a couple more of note.......

Foreigner '78 with the original band. Double Vision tour.....exceptional & was super!

38 Special 'Wild-Eyed & Live' tour.....in a small venue that really was great for experiencin' 'em live! The place was packed, ROCKED & was phenomenal.......reminded me of a old juke joint enviroment. One of the best twin lead guitarist bands I've had the great pleasure to see & experience in person. (they also had two drummers & back-up singers, too) :)

Scorpions with Ulrich Roth

UFO with Schenker (Pre 1978)

Led Zeppelin

Rush - Pre Permanent Waves

Blackfoot Pre 1983

Reo Speedwagon with Gary Richrath

Styx with Dennis DeYoung

Night Ranger Pre 1988

Toronto (Big Ask)

Wrabit (Big Ask)

AC/DC with Bon Scott

Black Sabbath with OZZY (Pre 1980)

Survivor Pre 1988

Iron Maiden with Paul Dianno

Journey with Steve Perry (Missed this one off)

I saw TORANTO open for someone in the 80s, I'd have to dig out my stubs.

I remember when Dianno MAIDEN came, but I was a touch too young to go. I did make it to Number of the Beast, and most MAIDEN tours since.

I could have seen orig STYX, JOURNEY, & NIGHT RANGER but my taste at the time was a little heavier, so I skipped them.

Seen most of the other groups, but later, or not within the parameters of the OP's post. :)

Couple other older tours I am proud to have seen are ALDO NOVA-ALDO NOVA, ROSE TATTOO- SCARRED FOR LIFE, THE WHO- ITS HARD, SCORPIONS- BLACKOUT, RATT- RATT, JETHRO TULL- BROADSWORD, GIRLSCHOOL- BLUE MURDER, KROKUS- NO VICE & HEADHUNTER...